+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree461Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Young and the Restless

Hush.Your.Mouth!!!!!!!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3492918;
    I think it's time to bring Philip back home from Australia. Didn't think much of his looks back when he was married to Nina, but he appears to have improved with age.
    He's infamous on Y & R for possibly being the worst actor ever on the show. Hope he's improved or I am getting my tv brick out of my '70's storage box!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by lookinout2;3489460;
    I just read a new interview with Lauralee Bell and she said she's been keeping a watch on what Nina and old/new Phillip are up to and Paul & Nikki. She said she gets a little itch every time she sees them kiss. I'm no Chris fan but I did enjoy her very much with Paul.
    Quick someone get her some Lanacane and make that itch go away! She was tough to watch!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

That's okay, I don't watch this show for the acting ability. It's a good day for me if Billy or Nick or Cane goes shirtless. To be honest, watching is just a habit for me at this point - it's on at a convenient time and it's the only thing I watch consistently.

Devon & Tyra...ewwwww. The boy has issues - remember when he was panting after Lily? Yuck.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant;3505808;
    Prhoshay
    there is a rumour they are going to "PAIR" the two this summer.
    While kissing his gf today he hallucinated he was kissing her! eeek!

Yeah I wasn't paying close attention to the show today, and looked over and saw the kiss and thought, WTH??? Then it flipped back to real-time soap world with him being with the girlfriend.

Same thing happened when Paul was at MJ's door and came in all lovey-dovey and then all PO'd at her.

I was laughing when Adam was frantically trying to stop the Sabrina file running on his computer and then Victor walked in. BUSTED!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3506388;
    Yeah I wasn't paying close attention to the show today, and looked over and saw the kiss and thought, WTH??? Then it flipped back to real-time soap world with him being with the girlfriend.

Same thing happened when Paul was at MJ's door and came in all lovey-dovey and then all PO'd at her.

I was laughing when Adam was frantically trying to stop the Sabrina file running on his computer and then Victor walked in. BUSTED!
    Same here, I'm looking forward to hearing him try to explain away that one! I'm watching now.

Can someone tell me why Jill is now a manicurist? Did I miss something?

I hope ya'll will bear with me, I haven't watched this show in years but I still lurk in here and catch a glimpse of it from time to time. What is going on with Nina being back and is Phillip really alive? Or is she talking about her son? I thought Phillip died in a car accident. And is Phillip really Jill's son or not? I know Kay told her she switched babies or something and someone named Cane I think might have been her son. Whatever happened with that? Thanks for allowing me to step in for a second.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

ACF, there was a lot of this mystery on today's show.

Cane has been on the show for a couple of years now. He is some Australian guy who says he is Jill's son Phillip, even though the guy Jill raised as Philip Chancelor II died in a car accident a couple of years ago. Kay switched the baby boys at birth and Cane went off to Australia after the woman Kay gave him do died. She had relatives in Oz who took Philip in and raised him. I don't know if we ever got the real background story on how Cane landed in Genoa City, but he at first tended bar at Indigo, Neil's bar. That's how he met Lily.

I also don't know if a DNA test was ever done on Cane when he first claimed to be the real Philip, Jill's son. Kay was having dreams about the baby switch and that's how it was explained. She remembered switching babies.

He also met Amber and was married to her for a spell. She got him wasted in Las Vegas and she had a girlfriend dress up as a guy so she could get married. When Cane woke up the next day, she showed him the wedding license. Of course, he was too wasted the night before to remember anything. That marriage didn't last too long. I think he noticed how off the signature was on the marriage license and also saw a photo from the Vegas wedding chapel that proved he was not the "guy" with Amber on the night of the wedding.

Then Chloe comes on board and is smitten with Cane who, at the time, was engaged to Lily....even though she was 19 or so and he was about 31 when they first started being a couple. Neil didn't like Cane at first, but came around due to his nice guy persona.

Chloe is pregnant and tells Cane that he is the father. They had been drinking in a bar one night and Cane drove her home. I think the car broke down or something and he ended up falling asleep. Maybe she put something in his drink. When he woke up the next morning, he had no recollection of what happened the night before. Of course Chloe was all ga-ga over the amazing lovemaking that she said went on the night before. She later on tells him that she is pregnant and he marries her. Turns out that Billy is actually the baby daddy. There was a DNA test that said Cane could not be excluded as a possible father. So he was in this miserable marriage with Chloe, while still in love with Lily. I don't think Cane and Chloe ever made love before or after they were married.

In the meantime, Lily and Billy had a little fling. One weekend, they went up to the Abbott cabin in the woods but Chloe came up to see them. She went into labor (during a snowstorm naturally, roads closed, the whole bit). Cane finally ended up there and learned that he was not the father, Billy was.

So viewers were led to believe that Cane and Billy were half-brothers, and Jill was their mother.

Lily and Cane rekindle their relationship. They've been married about a month now. On their wedding day, Cane is seen in the Church having a flashback with some bartender in Australia. The bartender looked like Philip Chancelor, Nina's "dead" husband. On their honeymoon, Lily surprised Cane with tickets to Australia....so that she could see where he was raised. Cane didn't want to go, afraid that something might be uncovered if he was to go back there with her. They never did go to Oz.

Nina's son, Philip III, is currently deployed to Iraq and has not been seen on the show at all.

There have been a few phone calls between Cane and the guy in Australia. Cane seems to be having regrets about something.....like conning these people. The guy in Oz is telling him to relax, everyone in GC is buying the idea that Cane is really Philip.

That is until Nina comes back. She came back when Kay was presumed dead. But it wasn't really Kay, it was the look-alike drunk/diner waitress Marge. While Kay thought she was Marge, she fell in love with Murphy. Nina has been in GC since Kay and Murphy got married (after Kay got her memory back and was proven to be the real Kay).

Amber had written a biography on Kay that was published around the time of her "death." Nina is trying to make a movie out of the book/Kay's life. In researching all this info on Kay, she is digging up the whole baby switch story. Jill wants none of it, but Nina won't stop. Nina has talked to Cane about his life story and that is kind of freaking Cane out.

On today's show, Nina is talking about exhuming the body in Philip's grave to see just who the heck is buried there. Again, Jill doesn't want it done but Nina does. Now there is something about her son might have Huntington's disease. Nina is not a carrier. She wants to see if her dead husband is a carrier. If it turns out that the body in the grave is the real Philip, then young Philip would not have Huntington's. If something else is found in the exhumation and forensics, then that will open up a lot of other stuff that will make Nina want to get to the bottom of this whole Cane/Philip thing.

So, at this point, we don't know that whole story, but it will probably be a big storyline over the summer.

Great synopsis, MamaC! But I had to laugh halfway through about how ridiculous it all sounds. You gotta love soap operas!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread