+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree473Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Young and the Restless

Since there is no Friday cliffhanger in Canada, does that mean that your cliffhanger is on Thursday, with "yawn-yawn" on Monday?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant;3450746;
    I thought Olivia looked absolutely beautiful helping Lily get ready for the wedding.

That guy Cane was talking to sure DID look like Nina's Phillip.

If Cane is a phony how did he end up with similar DNA to Billy who IS Jill's son?
    Just a guess, but it could be that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Philip is Cane's uncle, the one he says raised him

ETA: Right, it's a Thursday cliffhanger rather than a Friday one. I'm hoping they follow up the Cane thing tomorrow.
    Last edited by AJane; 05-14-2009 at 11:51 PM.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Phillip and Cane are supposed to be switched at birth, aren't they? The man we saw "Langley" appeared to be the same age as Cane, not an "uncle" type.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Well, we know how the writers like to age people as they see fit. Look at the growth spurts Abby & Noah recently had. It could be that Cane & Philip are working together for some reason, too.

If they're keeping Nina on the show, they need to do something with her hair. It's utterly dreadful - those bangs! - and she could do with at least a little makeup. She looks terribly dowdy.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3451744;
    Well, we know how the writers like to age people as they see fit. Look at the growth spurts Abby & Noah recently had. It could be that Cane & Philip are working together for some reason, too.

If they're keeping Nina on the show, they need to do something with her hair. It's utterly dreadful - those bangs! - and she could do with at least a little makeup. She looks terribly dowdy.
    This reminds me that I looked up Y&R yesterday and found this info - pretty interesting.

Some child characters literally mature faster than others. For example, Billy Abbott on The Young and the Restless was born on the show in 1993, yet was 16 years old by 1999 (Thus being played by 21-year-old David Tom), while his niece Colleen Carlton (born 1991) was only 14 years old in 2001 (first played by 14-year-old Lyndsy Fonseca), meaning that Billy had changed from being two years younger than his niece to being four years older. Perhaps the character with the biggest impact is Nicholas Newman. He was born at the end of 1988 and was sent off to a "Swiss boarding school" as a preschooler, only to return as a late teens/early 20s grown man a few years later in 1994, and has since been featured as a prominent character. On the other hand, Phillip Chancellor IV, a child born several months prior to Nicholas remained at his real age until he was finally aged in 2000. Phillip however, was only aged by about two years.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I had almost forgotten about that conversation that Cane had when he first showed up in Genoa City! I also just assumed that he had been talking to his uncle in Australia. And, not all uncles/aunts are significanly older than their nephews/nieces!

I'm so glad to see this interesting turn of events!!!

Lily has always been kind of ditzy! No surprise, there!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

TV Guide Canada's Nelson Branco is reporting Chris Engen (Adam) shocked the entire Y&R cast by quitting his role in the middle of his contract two days ago. According to sources, the newcomer bolted because, "he [allegedly] refused to kiss [his same-sex] co-star Yani Gellman [Rafe]. Chris hasn't been happy for a while. He doesn't like the dark direction his character is taking. He's called in sick a lot recently and has been taking a slew of meetings with Y&R's [top brass] to discuss his future on the show. Chris is still under contract and Y&R is seriously thinking of taking legal action." Meanwhile, the No. 1 soap is currently scrambling to recast the pivotal role.

I'm really surprised by this. I kinda sort of liked Adam because he was sticking it to Victor.
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

Here we go again.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Phyllis throws out Nick, who gets passionate with Sharon, while Phyllis and Jack's misery brings them together in desperation sex.
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

That spoiler doesn't surprise me.

Glad to see Raul is back. I always liked that character. Is he the guy Mackenzie was talking about being in a relationship with? Or did she just make all of that up to get Chloe off her back? By the way, Mac is way too much of a pacifist. She should have just ordered Chloe out of her face and been done with the little wench.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by rcurrytoo;3462240;
    Here we go again.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Phyllis throws out Nick, who gets passionate with Sharon, while Phyllis and Jack's misery brings them together in desperation sex.
    All I have to say is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    wife swap time. I actually prefer Phyllis with Jack anyways. I thought Nick and Phyllis had tremendous chemistry back when they were sneaking around and having an affair but I think she needs to kick his butt to the curb.

+ Reply to Thread