+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree443Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Young and the Restless

Well now....Sharon is not a teenager and I'm pretty sure she is not in her 20s (but on this show, you can never tell.) By the time I was in my 30s, I was talking to my mother as an adult talking to another adult. I could see telling my mother something like that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think I'd have a had time admitting to MYSELF that it was a toss up between three guys. There's something a bit too sleazy about that situation. I haven't seen the show in a few days so this is news to me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Oh, it would definitely be embarrassing to me (in front of just myself)....and to have to admit to anyone else, but I learned that it was always interesting that my mother would share things with me that I never would have guessed she had done/gone through, that would make me know that our lives weren't that different (of course, neither of us thought that we might have been pregnant by multiple men). That's the cool part about mothers....they can make you feel so normal, once you're through being a kid and you've moved onto adulthood. It's like the first signature line, below, in all of my posts (by Mitch Albom).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3435476;
    Now we're in for months of speculation on who Sharon's baby daddy is. I sure do look forward to seeing Phyllis' face when she gets the news. I wonder if she's going to keep up her sweet and understanding act for Nick for the next 8 months or so.
    Okay... correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Sharon couldn't get pregnant. Didn't the doc tell her and Nick that, when she lost her baby a few years ago.

FORT Fan

During Sharon's bizaare dream, when Cassie tells her that the baby girl is already there and it's Summer, does that kind of imply that Nick isn't the father of Sharon's baby? Oh this hurts my head.

Quote Originally Posted by lori19;3439495;
    During Sharon's bizaare dream, when Cassie tells her that the baby girl is already there and it's Summer, does that kind of imply that Nick isn't the father of Sharon's baby? Oh this hurts my head.
    I think that's why Jack "caught" her in the dream. But if they do a DNA test, wouldn't Billy and Jack be too close to tell the difference - they'd have to test Jill too, to see if the baby is related to her if the baby was Billy's?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;3439526;
    I think that's why Jack "caught" her in the dream. But if they do a DNA test, wouldn't Billy and Jack be too close to tell the difference - they'd have to test Jill too, to see if the baby is related to her if the baby was Billy's?
    I think it would be much more drama filled and interesting if the baby's Billy's. Mainly because I can't stand Chloe and wish she would just go away. I would think a DNA test would be difficult if Jack and Billy are potential fathers.

The thing is Jack and Billy have some of the same DNA, but do not have the same mitochondrial DNA. So some of their markers would match, but not others. Cane and Billy have the same mitochondrial DNA from Jill, their mother. Jack and Billy do not, since they have different moms. (And that is why that silly paternity test could not exclude Cane from being Delia's daddy) Brock had to be called in when Kay's DNA was up for discussion after it did not match Jill's DNA. Mothers pass on their mitochondrial DNA. So if Katherine was really Jill's mom, her mitochondrial DNA would be present in Brock, Jill, Billy and Cane...but not Mac! And now we know that only Brock has Katherine's mitochondrial DNA; Jill, Cane and Billy do not.

So with Jack and Billy, they would have similar DNA but not as close a match as Cane and Billy, who have the same mother. Jack's DNA would be closer to Tracy's, right? Since they have the same mother and father. (Ashley's father was some guy Dina had an affair with, IIRC)

I don't remember the deal with Sharon and not being able to get pregnant...but it is the same thing with Ashley. How old is she supposed to be, anyway? And she has had cancer too. I know too many women who went into early menopause when they were diagnosed and undergoing treatment for cancer.

For Sharon's baby's paternity......they would have to have marker's of either Dina or Jill to show which guy is really the father, since both have John Abbott's DNA floating around.

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by lori19;3439622;
    I think it would be much more drama filled and interesting if the baby's Billy's. Mainly because I can't stand Chloe and wish she would just go away.
    oh sadface. I completely adore chloe!!!!!! and I cannot stand mac!

(and off topic I also love phyllis playing nice AND sharon's frilly purple top)

This new Mackenzie rubs me the wrong way. It's not so much her character as it is her looks. Shallow, I know, but they really must do something about those eyebrows.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread