+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree474Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3407205;
    No, Brock's father was a Reynolds. Someone said here the other day that he was Gary Reynolds. If he was ever on this show I have forgotten it or missed it.

Yesterday Katherine was talking about how she and Jill had never gotten along, which had to have been the understatement of the year, and in the next breath she mentioned how well she had always gotten along with Nikki. I am now wondering if they are going to come up with a story line making Nikki Katherine's daughter. Nothing surprises me in these soaps.
    Yeah His name was Gary Reynolds. I don't recall him being on the show just referred to. I beleive he was said to also be a missionary like Brock. I am a fountain of useless soap information,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

This is from Wikipedia... not sure if we can trust the info completely but it gives us some idea of what's happened in Katherine's life. I've pulled out a few paragraphs:

Katherine's rivalry with Jill Foster Abbott has been a key plot element since the 1970s, when Jill had an affair with Katherine's then-husband, Phillip Chancellor II (Donnelly Rhodes), resulting in Jill becoming pregnant with his son. Phillip subsequently died from injuries related to a car crash caused by a drunken Katherine (she was presumed dead but was then found to be alive in the crash); however, he married Jill on his deathbed.

Phillip Chancellor II was not Katherine's only husband, and he certainly wasn't her only lover over the years...he also wasn't the only man Katherine and Jill were in competition over. As part of one of her more devious schemes, Jill hired a conman named Brian Romalotti (the father of Danny Romalotti and Gina Roma), who she dressed up as a wealthy man and rechristened "Rex Sterling". Jill's plan backfired, though, and Katherine and Rex eventually fell in love for real. Unfortunately, their romance ended tragically when Rex spooked a prowler in the middle of the night and was subsequently shot.

There was also Gary Reynolds, Katherine's first husband. She has spoken of him very little over the years. Other than the fact that he is Brock's father, and that they spent a year apart near the end of their rocky marriage, little is known about Gary. Judge Arthur Hendricks was Gary Reynold's best friend, and the man with whom Katherine conducted an affair during her time apart from Brock's father.

Katherine and Jill were mortified when, in 2003, they discovered that they were in fact mother and daughter. While her then-husband, Gary Reynolds, was spending time overseas with their son Brock, Katherine had an affair with Gary's best friend, a local judge named Arthur Hendricks. Shortly before Gary returned, Katherine gave birth to Jill and handed her over to a friend from school named Charlotte Ramsey, with instructions to give her up for adoption. Unfortunately, Charlotte was unable to drop the baby off as planned, and was forced to give her own name as the child's birth mother.

Katherine began to have disturbing nightmares involving a baby. She soon determined that they were actually fragments of a repressed memory. Eventually Katherine recalled that years ago--unable to accept the fact that Jill had given birth to a child with her deceased husband Phillip--she kidnapped the baby, and gave him to a woman named Violet Montgomery, whom she met in a bar. Violet was to place the child with a different family. The woman then gave Katherine a different baby that Jill raised as her son, Phillip Chancellor III.

While Jill adamantly refused to believe this at first, DNA testing of Phillip's remains confirmed that he was not Jill's biological son. It was then revealed that Jill's real son was, in fact, new-in-town Cane Ashby.

In return for the Jabot shares which Victor purchased from Gloria, Jill allows the corpse buried in Katherine's grave to be exhumed, and it is subjected to a third DNA test. Ultimately, Jill's DNA matches neither the corpse nor Katherine (whom Jill believes to be Marge). Thus, Katherine's claim about her true identity is bolstered, and it is proven conclusively that Katherine and Jill are not biological mother and daughter after all. After a final pair of DNA tests between Katherine and her son Brock are a match, not even Jill can deny the truth any longer.

addison h.

you guys are fantastic! Now I'm cracking up because it seems like - if everyone's character is supposed to be the age that the writers act like they are - then Lilly, Cane, Nina, Paul, and Nikki would all be the same age

(Obviously that's not true but think about it: Nikki and Paul are dating and they're supposed to be the same age - but he was supposed to be the same age as Nina and Cricket as well. Nina was with Phillip who WE NOW KNOW was the exact same age as Cane. And CANE is supposed to be the same age as Lilly.)

It doesn't mean anything - it just makes me giggle.

addison h.

...also - the new mac is quickly becoming a character I cannot stand!!!

I'm excited about having the character back but I hope they switch out the actress (like they most recently did with Eden) She is AWFUL.

Actually, Cane didn't want to date Lily at first because she was "too young". Lily's age is 20 on the show, so being that Cane is Jill's son, he would be 30+. Nikki and Paul dating is about right - I think Victor is supposed to be considerably older than Nikki (and Ashley, and, come to think of it, the rest of his wives - Katherine would be a better age-match for him ). Nina was a teen when she got pregnant with Phillip III, which was somewhere in the late '80's, so she would be about Cane's age.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here goes Phyllis, acting as crazy as her arch-enemy. Maybe they can be roommates in the loony bin?

I guess ol' Phyllis never learned that "what they'll do WITH you, they'll do TO you," huh?
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-13-2009 at 08:37 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3412271;
    Here goes Phyllis, acting as crazy as her arch-enemy. Maybe they can be roommates in the loony bin?

I guess ol' Phyllis never learned that "what they'll do WITH you, they'll do TO you," huh?
    I don't think Phyllis is acting. Phyllis never has had all of her chairs pulled up to the table.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I just watched part of yesterday's show and missed a lot last week. Can someone tell me how Nick and Sharon finally hooked up again? And how did Phyllis know? If I'm not mistaken, Phyllis taking the scissors to Sharon's lingerie is something that has been done before. Didn't Drucilla do that to Carmen's clothes?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Noah and Eden went up to the love shack that is also known as the Abbott cottage. They were parked along the road, just talking about how they want the first time to be special, etc., when a ranger came upon them asking if they were okay. Noah said they were going to his stepdad's place, and mentioned Jack Abbott by name.

Ranger calls Jack and says the kids are there. Jack calls Sharon who then calls Nick. Nick tells Phyllis that he has to go pick Sharon up and go up to the mountains. Phyllis offers to go along, but Nick said no. Too much going on between those two.

Meanwhile, back at the cottage.....Noah and Eden have second thoughts and decide to leave and head back to GC. They end up at Nick and Phyllis' place.

When Nick and Sharon get to the cottage, the kids are already gone. They talk and then one thing leads to another.

Phyllis knew that Nick was going up there with Sharon because she was right there when Sharon called Nick. Phyllis begged him not to go but he didn't listen to her.

Yes Dru hacked up Carman's clothes. I thought the same thing when Phylllis was hacking up Sharon's stuff yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3412271;

And of course that goes for "real" life too. I can't count the times I've known of people marrying a cheat and then being heartbroken when they get cheated on. I just want to say well DUH! What makes YOU so special?

Didn't Phyllis get that lipstick out of her purse? Couldn't Sharon recognize it as a shade she doesn't wear or something? Oh and by the way, how easy is it for a left handed person to operate a pair of right handed scissors? She seemed to do a pretty good job on Sharon's undies.

+ Reply to Thread