+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree454Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

This is interesting!

Tricia Cast returns;
    Emmy winner Tricia Cast (Nina) is reprising her iconic role on The Young and The Restless later this spring or early summer, report sources. The best part? This time around, Cast’s comeback is not a cameo.

Jess Walton refuses pay cut
    Soapoperadigest.com reported Friday that Y&R sent out a casting notice to replace Emmy winner Jess Walton (Jill) due to illness. TVGuide.ca has since learned Walton leaving due to sickness is not true. “Y&R asked Jess to take a pay cut, and she walked off the set. She had been feeling ill, but that’s not the reason she bolted.” So, is Walton’s walkout a contract ploy? “Nope,” continues the insider. “She’s serious. Jess may be the first daytime actor to actually stand up to these pay cuts everyone is being forced to take.” Let’s see how Walton’s historic decision will affect the industry… Sorry, Brenda Dickson (ex-Jill) fans, Y&R is looking for a “big name” to fill in Jill’s pumps. More in Friday’s Suds Report.

The Nelson Ratings - Mar30/09 | Sympatico / MSN TV Guide

Tricia's returning could be cool.
    Actors shouldn't be glad to have a job in these economic times, especially considering all soaps are having financial difficulties.
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't see anyone else playing Jill Abbott, anymore than I can see some other actress playing Drucilla Winters, other than Victoria Rowell. WTH???

JUST "NO"!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3397078;
    I can't see anyone else playing Jill Abbott, anymore than I can see some other actress playing Drucilla Winters, other than Victoria Rowell. WTH???

JUST "NO"!!!
    Jess Walton is not the original Jill. I have not watched in about a month. How did Kevin and Amber get to the point of robbing a bank?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She is not the original but she has, without question (IMO), the strongest presence of Jill that has been on this show. I think replacing Jess would be like replacing the actor who plays Katherine Chancellor.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Woo-hoo, Nina returns! Wonder what she's going to be doing and if Philip Jr. is going to be around as well? The Chancellor family relationships are such a mess...now Jr. isn't the "real" Jr., and Jill's maybe not Kay's daughter, then I guess the only true Chancellors would be Brock, Mackenzie, and Kay?

I will be seriously pissed if they dump Jess Walton. I thought they got rid of Don Diamont to save money, why are they going after another longtime character? I don't want a *new* Jill.

BTW, do you suppose Stephen King knows about Y&R's "Annie Wilkes"?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3397183;
    She is not the original but she has, without question (IMO), the strongest presence of Jill that has been on this show. I think replacing Jess would be like replacing the actor who plays Katherine Chancellor.
    I grew to like Jess Walton as Jill. I do however think that Brenda Dickson as Jill was what actually pulled me into watching Y&R all those years ago. Jill then and the Original Jack, Terry Lester. I have not liked Jack since then.

I remember the other Jill and also Terry Lester too. And when his character and Jill had their affair!

MsDiva.....when Clint kidnapped Kay and Esther, Kevin found them in that apartment/hotel room. Clint and Joe Izuzu (I can never remember his character's name!) had a bomb and took pictures of a drugged Kevin holding the bomb, which was sent to the news after the bomb went off. Kay, Esther, Gloria all survived the blast. Clint took Kevin and hid him in a different apartment somewhere. If Kevin got to be too much for Clint, Clint would toss Kevin in the closet. Of course, this brought back the painful memories of Kevin's childhood. Then a sort of Stockholm syndrome thing developed and a freaked out Kevin thought Clint was his father, Tom. Kevin would try to please Clint to avoid going back into that closet.

Kevin was used to rob a pawn shop while wearing a big head of a chipmunk. The kind that is so big, a team mascot would wear it. Kevin became known as the chipmunk bandit. Meanwhile back in GC, Daniel shows Amber and Jana a video on the net of the chipmunk bandit. Amber recognizes the bandit as Kevin due to the scarf he is wearing. She knitted it for him for Christmas.

In the meantime, Kevin is now robbing banks, etc., all over the midwest and the authorities are looking for him. He robs another place (could have been a bank, I can't remember) and gets a lot of $$$. He brings his loot back to Clint who, in all the excitement, ends up having a heart attack and dies. Kevin stuffs him in the closet.

Amber is on a mission to find Kevin and get him to stop robbing banks and get him back home safely. Even Daniel and Michael are out trying to find him. Jana, meanwhile, is freaking out at home and having headaches which may or may not be related to Kevin's absence. Could be her tumor returning or something.

Amber is now in the same town as Kevin and near a bank which has just been robbed. She ends up grabbing Kevin as he is running down a street and tries to get him out of there. But he has been shot in the leg and should really be going to a hospital instead.

Now Amber looks more like an accomplice than someone trying to help her friend get the help he needs.

Thanks for the updates. I remember when I could miss Y&R for a couple of weeks and still not have missed much.

Soap Opera Digest is reporting that Jess Walton has re-signed with Y&R.

Breaking News - Soap Opera News - Soap News - Soap Updates - Spoilers - Scoops

I wonder if she took the pay cut.
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3397529;
    Woo-hoo, Nina returns! Wonder what she's going to be doing and if Philip Jr. is going to be around as well? The Chancellor family relationships are such a mess...now Jr. isn't the "real" Jr., and Jill's maybe not Kay's daughter, then I guess the only true Chancellors would be Brock, Mackenzie, and Kay?

I will be seriously pissed if they dump Jess Walton. I thought they got rid of Don Diamont to save money, why are they going after another longtime character? I don't want a *new* Jill.

BTW, do you suppose Stephen King knows about Y&R's "Annie Wilkes"?
    Brock isn't a Chancellor. His last name is Reynolds.

How come I have to call the roll when I'm talking to my grandkids but can remember Brock's last name?

+ Reply to Thread