+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3386444;
    Regarding Kevin and Cliff, where are Joe Izuzu and his ex-wife?

I think they took off for parts unknown.

Wonder if the show is going down the path (although it is an advanced storyline for a soap) of Jill being a chimeric? I know that that is too much to ask.

Chimerics carry more than 1 DNA.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think Jill is just not Kay's daughter. Spoiler alert...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    They're going to exhume Marge's body and that's why she comes back to narrate the episode. I'm assuming they're going to do another dna test. Jill's head is really going to spin when that doesn't come back as a match either.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3386770;
    I'm never able to watch the show when it is on so I try to catch it later on the fan site. For the last three or four shows I have not been able to hear much because it's like the tape is skipping or something. Wonder if there's anything I can do about it. Any ideas?
    Sounds like it's time to get Tivo. The husband is making noises about buying a PVR, so I guess we'll be retiring our VCR soon.

OK, shay, what in the world is a "chimeric"? I've never heard that term.

It would be funny if Marge was Jill's real mom.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

In complete layman's terms here, I think it means that someone whose DNA should be x,y,z, and it isn't. Possibly because they had a transplant of bone marrow or an organ, etc. So in Jill's case, has it ever been aired that she needed any major medical intervention?

OK, I watched a show, maybe on Discovery Channel, about a year ago about this subject. This woman had a couple of children, but DNA tests had come back identifying her husband as the father, but she was not identified as the mother. (I want to say that she had been accused of obtaining this baby from somewhere else.) She became pregnant again, and the court was involved (but I don't remember exactly why). Dad was in the room when the baby delivered from mom's body; a DNA test was immediately done. The baby's mitochondrial DNA (which is from the mother) did not match the mother. Dad had to go to court to tell the judge that he saw THAT baby come out of his wife. Dad's DNA was a match; Mom's wasn't.

The deal with chimerics is that, depending on where you take the DNA from, you can get different results. Taken from another part of the baby's body, the baby can/will match the mother. There was a middle aged woman (I'm thinking, in Great Britain) who was a "true chimeric" (pronounced KY-merick) and she had experienced the same problems. There is speculation that she may have had twin that did not develop, but was absorbed by the other fetus while in utero, thus giving the surviving baby its DNA (there was a single birth, not a twin birth), which could account for the baby carrying 2 different DNAs.

This is not a very common occurrence, but I think I read that it is more likely with in vitro fertilizations... which would make sense...if any of this does. They weren't doing in vitros
    when the middle aged woman was conceived/born.

IIRC, the show was called "I Am My Own Twin".
    Last edited by prhoshay; 03-19-2009 at 07:24 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3387602;
    Sounds like it's time to get Tivo. The husband is making noises about buying a PVR, so I guess we'll be retiring our VCR soon.

OK, shay, what in the world is a "chimeric"? I've never heard that term.

It would be funny if Marge was Jill's real mom.
    I don't even know how Tivo works. I have a DVD recorder, or something like that, but have never used it. Don't know how and sure as heck don't understand those instructions. When my son comes home he will do Cliff Notes for me.

#1 Turn on by pressing red button
    #2 so on and on

I'm electronically challenged.

You are going to LOVE that PVR once you get used to it! Beats the heck out of all those stupid tapes.

I miss more than I see of this show so I have to constantly ask questions. Is Cliff DEAD in that closet? Poor Kevin has definitely gone round the bend, hasn't he? And what's Jenna's problem?

Well, he wasn't dead when Kevin put him in the closet which, in soap opera happenings, means that he is probably not dead now.

Jenna has been having "stress headaches" since her hubby has been missing, but I wouldn't be surprised if her tumor has returned.

Kevin has the PTSD BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3391201;
    Well, he wasn't dead when Kevin put him in the closet which, in soap opera happenings, means that he is probably not dead now.

Jenna has been having "stress headaches" since her hubby has been missing, but I wouldn't be surprised if her tumor has returned.

Kevin has the PTSD BAD!
    But he can whip up a casket in the blink of an eye. And with only a skill saw! What talent!

+ Reply to Thread