+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree474Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3339221;
    You've got a deal!!!
    You may have to tell it to my grave marker.

Yeah now that anna is back living with Neil and Karen, Tyra is back on the screen. She has had a bit of a crush on Neil for a long time but never told him so until recently. What surprises me is that Olivia sees this "connection" (sounds like the bachelor! HA!) between Neil and Tyra and wanted Tyra to tell Neil of her feelings for him. She thinks that Tyra is better suited for Neil, she has this kind of wild and crazy that Dru also had. There is also something in Karen's past that Olivia is privvy to and that is why Olivia doesn't think Karen is well suited for Neil. Tyra never did anything about it before Neil and Karen married. Karen also has some issues over how Tyra acts around Neil.

So when Karen walked in and saw Neil and Tyra kissing, what she didn't see was that Tyra is the one who initiated it. (Of course, she also didn't see Neil trying to put a stop to it either! He didn't even try to stop the kiss!)

So now Neil and Karen are Anna'a foster parents. They would like to adopt Anna, just like Neil and Dru did with Devon. But Neil wants to wait, and make sure that Tyra is okay with it. She isn't! Karen is rushing to get this adoption thing going mainly to get Tyra to go away!

Omg If only Dru could come back and tell them both to back away from her man!

Now that is what we would call, "Must see TV!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Nicki has been on Y&R for 30 years this year!! WOW!!! I remember when she was just a "pup"! (A stripping pup, but a pup, nonetheless!)

Why have the writers/producers been showing us so much of Kevin/Amber and Daniel/Kevin's wife lately? What is with all of this co-mingling? They have been all coupled off.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3369871;
    Why have the writers/producers been showing us so much of Kevin/Amber and Daniel/Kevin's wife lately? What is with all of this co-mingling? They have been all coupled off.
    I've been noticing it too. I hope we don't have any swapping going on in the future.

I think it's gonna lead to Daniel cheating with Jana, commiserating about their sig other's preoccupation.

I don't know how true it is but rumor is that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Amber and Kevin are going to sleep together

Also
    Click to see Spoiler:
    TV Guide magazine is reporting that after Kevin is drugged and kidnapped by Clint, Gloria goes on TV to plead for his release. During her TV appearance she reveals how Kevin's father abused him and his captors use this information to bainwash Kevin and torment him. Clint puts Kevin in a closet with no food or water and that makes him regress to his childhood and his abuse. Kevin becomes willing to do anything to please his captors including armed robbery. On March 12th Kevin robs a check cashing place and then graduates to banks.
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

Ewwwww. That's certainly some creative plot-spinning by the writers, but
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kevin as a victim of Stockholm Syndrome
    is a bit much.

I'm more interested in this Billy/Chloe/Cane/Lily/baby thing. The complete opposite of a Maury show, the daddies are fighting over custody. I'm curious about the real-life legalities involved in Cane pursuing a custody case. I saw a couple on TV where after many years, it was discovered that the husband was not the biological parent of their daughters (who were tweens/teens). The couple had divorced some time ago and the husband had been paying child support. When he discovered the girls were not "his", he refused to pay child support any longer and cut off contact with the children (that part was cruel, IMO). The court, however, sided with the wife and he was ordered to continue support payments because legally he was the father. Now this is soapland and the child in question is an infant whose bio dad has come forward, but IRL would Cane have a shot at obtaining custody?

Another ewwww at Sharon & Billy hopping in the sack again. If Sharon is losing it, fine, but that bit just doesn't make sense. Mind you Billy would be closer in age to Sharon than she was to Jack.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fan

I'm starting to lose faith in the show again. I get it that Sharon's lost it but something about the story doesn't sit right with me. I guess the sleeping with Billy plus the stuff that happened on today's CDN show, is just all rubbing me the wrong way.

Then there's Victor with his super sperm. I'm definitely not into him and Ashley.

Like you guys, I think we're in for a swamp with Kevin, Jana, Daniel, and Amber. I hate swamping. Not to mention Daniel and Amber have already swamped once with Cane and Lily. And Jack, Sharon, Nick, and Phyllis have done. Enough already.

Billy/Chloe/Lily/Cane...I'm not sure where I stand with this story. I lost interest in it long ago, and really I'm having a hard time rooting for any of them at the moment.

A month ago I was really excited about where the show was headed but now I think the writers are getting a little too carried away.
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

+ Reply to Thread