+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 521 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102502 ... LastLast
Like Tree443Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

I don't like Phyllis and Nick together either. Sharon is a crybaby, but geeze, hasn't she had enough? I would like Phyllis to be gone. I couldn't stand it when she was the evil Phyllis with Danny Romalotti, and I guess that has just stuck with me over the years. I dare say, this may be the last straw for the Nick/Sharon marriage.

I just saw this thread! I've watched this show forever. The funniest thing is that my step-dad is hooked on it. My mom gets mad because everyday he sits in his chair until Y & R is over. If I miss it, I call him for a recap!

Add me to that list that doesn't like Nick and Phyllis together. I haven't liked Nick for a while. He's gotten so cocky! And Phyllis is...well, Phyllis. Although I'd rather watch them than Brad and Victoria together. Yuck!

I don't know about anyone else but I don't like the new Colleen. And how old is she supposed to be now?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    . Later, after escaping from basement, she returned to Scott's and tried to kill him because she felt that he betrayed her.

Cricket is now known as Christine. She and Michael have become law partners. Who'd of thunk it... How did they redeam a rapist? I cannot remember exactly, but I think if you Google "Young & Restless History" you can learn all you need to know.

It has been revealed that Jill is Kay's biological daughter. So, after a turmultuous start, they have tried to live in harmony as a family. Kay is still there, we just don't see enough of her (and Esther is still around as well.)

Ashley came back to reprise her original role, about a year or 2 back. Her daughter, Abby, is actually Victor's biological daughter. Ashley stole a sperm sample that was Victor's. He was unaware of it, until Ashley was diagnosed with cancer, created a living will, and soon it was viewed by one too many people so she confessed.
    But....and the plot thickens!.....the "Sheila" that stabbed Scott was not the real Sheila. Rather, it was the woman who Lauren thought was the real Sheila when she went to visit the mental institution. The nurse or guard who had befriended Sheila. Sheila told her that she would pay for her plastic surgery or something. When she woke up, she now looked like the real Sheila. The fake Sheila's voice was very raspy and raw when she was talking to Scott, etc. There was also a scene where the real Sheila is seen talking to someone off camera. She says she has another job for that person, shows him a picture of someone, and says she wants plastic surgery to look like the person in the picture. They haven't done any more with that story line since.

I don't remember how Michael and Christine ever became friends and law partners after the whole rape incident. I think I recall at one time, they dated and were very serious and may have even been engaged. But Paul was also in and out of Chris's life at that time.

Yeah Esther is still there.....I think some of the time she is still wearing her little maid's outfit too.

I started watching this show in the 70s and then again in the 80s and there have been plenty of times that I skip the show for months if not years. It really is easy to catch up with the plot lines after watching it for about a week or two!

I too am not crazy about the Phyllis/Nick storyline. And while I don't particularly care for Sharon, I was seeing a lot of chemistry between her and Brad! I do not like the new Victoria Newman. Don't like her look or her personality.

This is going back a long time but....what ever happened to Nina? She was Cricket's friend....and either Ryan's girlfriend or wife when the old Victoria was going out with him?

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    Yeah Esther is still there.....I think some of the time she is still wearing her little maid's outfit too.

This is going back a long time but....what ever happened to Nina? She was Cricket's friend....and either Ryan's girlfriend or wife when the old Victoria was going out with him?
    I think she married someone boring, a writer wasn't it? They moved to California, I think. Christine mentions her name from time to time. She has a son, too. Ryan's son. I'm sure they'll bring him back eventually.

Thanks you guys! Those were some real shockers

I am stunned by the revelation about Jill -- how did they explain that?

When you all say Nick and Phyllis, are you talking about the redhead who engineered Danny's and Cricket's breakup, and Victor and Nikki's son Nick? Isn't she way too old for him even though he went to Y&R's amazing age-accelerating boarding school? (We used to think it was hilarious how all the little kids on the show would go to boarding school for a little while and suddenly be all grown up!)

I still can't believe Cricket would go out with her rapist -- didn't he take her virginity as well? I think there was some type of blackmail that forced her to work with him, but no reason for it to get personal, imo!

Sorry to anyone who thinks it's weird to talk about the characters like real people, but arguably it really is and has always been the best daytime soap on TV.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest View Post
    Thanks you guys! Those were some real shockers

I am stunned by the revelation about Jill -- how did they explain that?
    Jill's father brought home a baby from work one day (much like the stork might) from a case he was working. Way, way later (and I'm sorry I can't be more detailed) it was revealed that Katherine Chancellor had become pregnant before marrying Philip, delivered a baby girl while she was married to a man who was away overseas in the service. She had a friend put her name on the birth certificate, claiming that the baby was hers; Jill's true father was a judge.) The Judge was on the show about a year ago, coming back into Katherine's life, wanting to marry her, and getting acquainted with his daughter, Jill. The Judge was outed for being thought to be responsible for his previous wife's death; she, too, was a very wealthy woman. That revelation led to The Judge leaving town; it was his son who outed him. We haven't seen him since.

Kind of a crappy "catch-up', but I'm sure somebody will add to it to make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post

I think she married someone boring, a writer wasn't it? They moved to California, I think. Christine mentions her name from time to time. She has a son, too. Ryan's son. I'm sure they'll bring him back eventually.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ryan dead?

It's so good to see so many familiar names in here!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Nina's son is not Ryan's son, it's her son by Jill's son - Phillip Chancellor the third. Although she was married to Ryan, they didn't have children together. Her son with Jill's son is named Phillip Chancellor the fourth. And yes, Ryan is dead. His deranged ex named Tricia shot him when he was about to marry Victoria. He and Nina divorced a little while earlier. (I don't remember all this stuff from memory - I had to look some of it up!)

Nina also has a son that was stolen from her by Rose Deville when Nina was a teenager. We don't have any further info on that child but if they wanted to do the Rapid Aging Syndrome, he could easily be Nick's age or older. Maybe one day they will revisit that storyline.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 01-30-2006 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Nina's son is not Ryan's son, it's her son by Jill's son - Phillip Chancellor the third. Although she was married to Ryan, they didn't have children together. Her son with Jill's son is named Phillip Chancellor the fourth. And yes, Ryan is dead. His deranged ex named Tricia shot him when he was about to marry Victoria. He and Nina divorced a little while earlier. (I don't remember all this stuff from memory - I had to look some of it up!)

Nina also has a son that was stolen from her by Rose Deville when Nina was a teenager. We don't have any further info on that child but if they wanted to do the Rapid Aging Syndrome, he could easily be Nick's age or older. Maybe one day they will revisit that storyline.
    Ah, I forgot that Nina's son was Phillip Chancellor's! I also forgot about that whole Rose Deville story! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest View Post
    When you all say Nick and Phyllis, are you talking about the redhead who engineered Danny's and Cricket's breakup, and Victor and Nikki's son Nick? Isn't she way too old for him even though he went to Y&R's amazing age-accelerating boarding school? (We used to think it was hilarious how all the little kids on the show would go to boarding school for a little while and suddenly be all grown up!)
    That's Phyllis. Michelle Stafford is back in the role - there's just no one else who can play Phyllis. And yeah, she is WAY too old for Nick. Although I think they're catching up a bit age-wise - Victoria, for instance (hate the *new* Vicki, btw) seems to be at her correct age...by my reckoning, she should be about 27. She's still a closet sociopath, IMO (Phyllis, I mean)- oh, and she & Jack were married for awhile. Last I saw, Jack was trying to reconcile with her.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    That's Phyllis. Michelle Stafford is back in the role - there's just no one else who can play Phyllis. And yeah, she is WAY too old for Nick. Although I think they're catching up a bit age-wise - Victoria, for instance (hate the *new* Vicki, btw) seems to be at her correct age...by my reckoning, she should be about 27. She's still a closet sociopath, IMO (Phyllis, I mean)- oh, and she & Jack were married for awhile. Last I saw, Jack was trying to reconcile with her.
    Lol Well, I always thought Victoria was kind of a sociopath too, or at least something was wrong with her.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post

What happened to Jill's other son when she was married to John Abbott? I won't say her son by John Abbott because 9 months before she had him, she slept with Victor, although I don't think they ever pursued that possible plot line.

Speaking of Jill, don't you ever wish her family would come back on the show, like her mom or her older brother David Hasselhoff? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Jill's father brought home a baby from work one day (much like the stork might) from a case he was working. Way, way later (and I'm sorry I can't be more detailed) it was revealed that Katherine Chancellor had become pregnant before marrying Philip, delivered a baby girl while she was married to a man who was away overseas in the service. She had a friend put her name on the birth certificate, claiming that the baby was hers; Jill's true father was a judge.)
    I always thought Brock was Kay's son by another marriage. Could he be Jill's brother? I always wished he'd come back on the show for a visit, kind of like Nikki's older sister -- not to stay, just to catch up
    Last edited by Harvest; 01-30-2006 at 10:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread