+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 522 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119519 ... LastLast
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Wow you guys really know your Y&R history!

I've read in the recent Weekly Scoop that Canadian Tonya Lee Williams (Olivia) has been asked to return to Y&R for some shows. She's been busy with her successful Reel World Film Fesitval. It will be interesting to see where she will fit into the new messes in Genoa City. Do you think she will get the hots for Drew's hubby? Now that he's so angry with his wife? I think she and Malcolm had a thing but he's been busy with Criminal Intent.
    I've watched the show, off and on, since it premiered. Often something comes up that I don't remember and it suddenly occurs to me that I took four years off to go to college, back in the eighties.

The first Y&R epi I ever saw had Nikki pregnant with Victoria, and married to some guy with a lot of curly hair and a mustache. Victor, I think, may have been married to Julia. I was in junior high or thereabouts.

One thing I am grateful for - the virtual disappearance of Cricket (Christine, Shmistine - she'll always be a bug to me). I despised her from the minute she arrived on the show - they should have given her the nose job BEFORE they tried to pass her off as a model. She ruined Paul for me.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I've missed an episode here and there lately. Can someone tell me what's up between Ashley and the D.A. I thought she and Paul were an item. Is that over? Is she seeing the D.A. to influence him to have her father released early.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    "Ashley and the D.A." is a still a developing storyline. Nothing has happened between them yet. Paul's story with Ashley just seemed to fade into the background. Poor Paul...he has no luck with women.

Speaking of children, wonder when Paul's son (the one he had with Eva Longoria, I think) will fade back in? He never speaks of him, either.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    The first Y&R epi I ever saw had Nikki pregnant with Victoria, and married to some guy with a lot of curly hair and a mustache. Victor, I think, may have been married to Julia. I was in junior high or thereabouts.

One thing I am grateful for - the virtual disappearance of Cricket (Christine, Shmistine - she'll always be a bug to me). I despised her from the minute she arrived on the show - they should have given her the nose job BEFORE they tried to pass her off as a model. She ruined Paul for me.
    If you remember, the nose was the least of her worries. Remember the flat chest and big butt and thighs? I still remember once when she had on a bikini. It wasn't a pretty sight.

I have wished for a long time that Nina would come back. I liked her so much.

I've missed some lately, too. I saw it today and was surprised to see Ashley with the DA. I've had a hard time with Ashley's choice in men since she had the fling with one of the creepiest guys I ever saw, Gloria's ex husband. That was disgusting.
    Last edited by Muduh; 05-23-2006 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post

That's funny...the first episode I clearly remember also had to do with Nikki and Victoria. I believe Jack and Nikki were married and Victoria was drowning and Jack saved her...That had to be somewhere around 1990 or 1991 because Victoria was still a little girl.

I was only about 5 or 6 when I began watching the show with my mother, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    If you remember, the nose was the least of her worries. Remember the flat chest and big butt and thighs? I still remember once when she had on a bikini. It wasn't a pretty sight.

I have wished for a long time that Nina would come back. I liked her so much.

I've missed some lately, too. I saw it today and was surprised to see Ashley with the DA. I've had a hard time with Ashley's choice in men since she had the fling with one of the creepiest guys I ever saw, Gloria's ex husband. That was disgusting.
    I really miss Nina. I always preferred her to "Cricket". Wow, I wonder how old her son would be now.

Wouldn't he be about the same age as Lily and Nate? Meaning, somewhere between toddlerhood and the geriatric ward. I've also noticed that these kids often pass others in age. And man, do they ever cram a lot of living into their short lives! Not sure how old victoria is supposed to be but for sure she's had a heck of a lot more life experiences that I've had, and I have to assume that I have about forty years on her.

Now another thing. How many people do we know, in real life, who have ever been held captive by another person? Years ago, didn't Victor have someone stashed in the basement? Then a few years later, some nut woman had Brad in a cage in her living room. What are the odds on that happening to people who actually know each other? I am a little too down to earth to just accept all these shenanigans. Just how would you go about explaining to the carpenter, blacksmith, or whoever you hired, that you needed an iron cage constructed in your living room? And just exactly where does the captive go to the bathroom and shower? I'm a bundle of questions, and sadly, I don't think there are many answers.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Victor had Cash (Nicki's strip club boyfriend, I think) stashed in the basement. Do not ask me why. Your memory is waaaay superior to mine when it comes to these shows!

These cages can be picked up for a song at IKEA...didn't you know that??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

With plumbing?

+ Reply to Thread