+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree474Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Is Olivia back permanently? I wonder if her presence is maybe an excuse to bring Nate back, all grown-up and as a love interest for Abby?
    I don't get why she's pushing Tyra to go after Neil either. I just wish Drucilla would come back and kick all these chicks out of her apartment and away from Neil.

I've lost interest in this whole stupid storyline with Katherine/Marge. Good thing Victor got sprung from jail, it's getting pretty crowded in there lately.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

yeah the jail is getting almost as crowded as the coffeehouse! It's the new place to meet up with everyone in GC!

I still hold out hope that Dru does return someday.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3261169;
    I still hold out hope that Dru does return someday.
    Speaking of, can Neil legally marry? (since they have never found Dru's body and it's not been seven years since she went over the cliff?)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katkitty;3261335;
    Speaking of, can Neil legally marry? (since they have never found Dru's body and it's not been seven years since she went over the cliff?)
    If they can lock up Kay Chancellor w/o anyone thinking "hey! how 'bout a DNA test!" then yes, Neil can remarry

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

or even fingerprinting. Or did I miss something about that?

Is it on tomorrow?

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;3261780;
    or even fingerprinting. Or did I miss something about that?

Is it on tomorrow?
    oh heck yeah, you're right... simple fingerprints woulda been enough for the cops to know it was Kay (though heck no not enough for JILL to ever believe it).

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I ended up watching the show at 7 pm on the soap channel when Kay showed up at the mansion and Jill freaked out. So hubby caught some of it with me. Even he said, "Do a DNA test!"

As far as declaring Dru legally dead, actually it can be done before seven years have passed. When that Steve Fossett guy went missing in his plane, in real life!, his wife had him declared legally dead. Of course, then his remains were actually found.

With Dru, they have never found her remains and I don't remember Neil ever doing anything to have her declared legally dead. That's why I can still see them bringing her back....but it could only be if Victoria Rowell came back, no one else could be Dru.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3261858;
    oh heck yeah, you're right... simple fingerprints woulda been enough for the cops to know it was Kay (though heck no not enough for JILL to ever believe it).
    Yes, hauling Katherine off just because Jill said to is a stretch. There are pictures of Katherine in the living room, or there used to be, so wouldn't someone have just looked around ad seen them? And is Murph going to become the next Mr Chancelor? Remember that she got Rex off a park bench so Murph would be a step up.

And MamaC, I agree that Victoria/Drucilla are one and the same. No one else will do.

When Katherine was arrested, did she have a mugshot taken and her fingerprints taken? Isn't that SOP (standard operating procedure not soap-opera procedure? )

And isn't it strange that someone who has lived in a town for a hundred years, been very socially and professionally active is unrecognized by the police? You'd think that SOMEONE at that jail would have seen her before. Supposedly Katherine is out in left field. Murph isn't supposed to be. Why doesn't he go down to her office, factory or whatever and tell everyone he meets that she's in jail? Do we think that Jill is 100% sure that that isn't Katherine, or is she just so pissed off that she may have to postpone her inheritance that she's doing what she's doing?

And here's another thought. Reporters are always hanging around jails trying to get information. Wouldn't the fact that some woman pretending to be Katherine(and looking identical) broke into the Chancellor Estate seem newsworthy? I still say that we could write the soaps better than the people who are making megabucks do.

+ Reply to Thread