+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Amber became another Nikki to Kay, just a younger version. She was Katherine's other confidante and I think Katherine left her such a nice sum of money because she knew Amber didn't have much.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Plus she was/is a true and genuine friend.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3239382;
    Plus she was/is a true and genuine friend.
    How long did they know each other, do you know? I only saw the show a couple of times when they were together. Must have been quite a friendship to leave her almost as much as she left her grandkids.

I believe their relationship started when Amber was with Cane but deepened when the truth came out about her duping Cane into believing they were married. Katherine said Amber reminded her of herself. They've been buds ever since.

I think I missed that whole thing. lol I really don't care for Amber so probably just turned the tv when she showed up. I haven't liked her since she was on B&B.

Soap Opera Digest has learned exclusively that Y&R's Don Diamont, who originated the role of Brad Carlton in 1985, is leaving Genoa City. For now, Y&R is not commenting on the ouster but an insider reports that it's a done deal and details of Brad's exit are very hush hush.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Sounds like he got fired.......big time?! Why else, if it's true, would it be hush-hush?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What will Sharon do now?

Question for the Canadians on this board.....are you still one day ahead of us? We had a new show last Wednesday. Thursday (our Thanksgiving) we had football and Friday was a rerun. So today was the first new show since last Wednesday.

(The recap was a real trip! I didn't get to watch it all but Jack and Phyllis were stuck in the elevator....with Phyllis in labor. Nick was out on a stormy night rescuing Daniel and Lily who were in a car accident. Neil and Dru were trying to reach Lily, whose cell phone was out due to the storm. JT was with the Newmans somewhere and he was worried about Colleen [the second Colleen], who was in bed with Adrian! Victoria, JT, Nikki and Victor were stuck somewhere with Brad's mother, all the while he is at his house with Sharon.)

We got the old epi as well, MamaC, and when it's pre-empted in the U.S. for whatever reason, we lose a day as well. So we're still one day ahead. Today, you U.S. viewers will get the Jabot stockholders meeting where Gloria makes her big power move to take over. Not as much fun as I would have hoped, but the fallout from Billy's defection should be good. I'm starting to like him as the next evil Abbott. I'm assuming that Billy & Adam are being primed as Jack & Victor, the next generation?

I'm really disappointed to hear about Don Diamont. I know they've been slowly diminishing his role, but I was hoping for a resurgence of the character because of his "deal" with Phyllis and then his starting to pursue Sharon again. I guess they're dropping that now and Sharon & Nick will end up reuniting after all (which is fine with me ). Strange, though, that they just didn't have the FBI cart off Brad to jail when they had the chance. Well, he disappeared for a while some years back, so maybe he'll return once again. I've always liked the character and Don Diamont is not too hard on the eyes.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Hey! Even soap opera actors get days off for our huge holidays, too! I'm guessing that their holiday celebrations have to be creatively scheduled, and are not necessarily on the exact days that the holiday falls on. Can be a drag, but it's workable/do-able.

+ Reply to Thread