+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree467Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepless;3179980;
    Thaks to AJANE and MamaC for the reply! I know it's just a SOAP, but sometimes I wonder why the writers don't research technical things a little better. Also, if Ester was in Cloe's life - it's hard to believe she was a bad mother to Cloe. Can't wait to hear more about that. Oh maybe Ester had an affair with Mr. Chancelor and Cloe is really Cane's half sister! (LOL)
    You saying that reminded me of that time that Victoria was in love with some guy who turned out to be a relative. Was he Victor's son. If so, where is he. MAMAC, where ARE you?

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3179986;
    You saying that reminded me of that time that Victoria was in love with some guy who turned out to be a relative. Was he Victor's son. If so, where is he. MAMAC, where ARE you?
    His name was Cole but I am not sure where he went to.....

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3179986;
    Found this on wiki but I don't remember Cole and Nikki?!?!

When Ryan McNeil (Scott Reeves) left his wife Victoria Newman (then played by Heather Tom, now Amelia Heinle) for Nina Kimble (Tricia Cast), Victoria set her sights on the new ranch hand, Cole Howard.

When Victoria's father, Victor Newman (Eric Braeden), was presumed dead in a car accident, Cole offered his support to his grieving 'widow', Victoria's mother Nikki Abbott (Melody Thomas Scott). Victoria, unaware of Cole's friendship with Nikki, told him she wanted to sleep with him. Cole turned her down and began an affair with Nikki. When Victoria found out about this, she told Cole that she loved him. Cole then wrote to his mother, Eve (Margaret Mason), informing her that he had fallen for Victor Newman's daughter. Unbeknown to Cole, Eve had had an affair with Victor years ago, and had been keeping a secret from him - that Cole was Victor's son. Distraught that her son was romantically involved with his half-sister, Eve rushed to Genoa City, determined to stop their wedding. However, before she could tell her son the truth, she suffered a massive stroke that left her in a coma. Cole and Victoria eloped to Las Vegas.

When they returned, Victor (who had returned, having spent months on a farm in Kansas) and Nikki were horrified that Cole and Victoria had wed. Victor told Cole that he was his father, forcing Cole and Victoria to annull the marriage. It was soon revealed that Victor, in fact, wasn't Cole's father after all, and Cole and Victoria remarried. They tried for a child and Victoria conceived, but the pregnancy ended in the stillbirth of Eve Nicole Howard (named for Cole's mother Eve and Victoria's mother Nicole).

Apart from some minor problems, and Cole's brief flirtation with Nina, Cole and Victoria's marriage remained strong for the next three years. While Victoria was out of town for a while, Cole developed an attraction to Ashley Bladeson (then Shari Shattuck, later Eileen Davidson). The two shared a few kisses at work. When Victoria returned, she was shocked to see Cole and Ashley kissing through the window. She left Cole and moved back in with Nikki, who had separated from Victor. Victoria and Ashley began to compete for Cole's affections, with Ashley ultimately winning.

After divorcing Victoria, Cole married Ashley in mid-1998. When Ashley went to Paris on a business trip later that year, Victoria began trying to seduce Cole. She was unsuccessful. When Ashley returned, she began pressuring Cole to have a child with her. Instead, Cole left to take a teaching position in Oxford.

That's just the thing, Sleepless....when the lab sent the results to Cane all it said was that he could not be excluded as being the father. It never said he was the father! So I really don't know why everyone, including Cane, was in such a rush to have him marry Chloe.
    There is an Internet rumour that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Billy Abbott is the father of Chloe's baby. Billy and Cane share Jill as their mother and therefore would have similiar DNA. Also Billy Abbott is coming back to Genoa City in the next week or so (recasted with an AMC actor).

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;3180003;
    There is an Internet rumour that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Billy Abbott is the father of Chloe's baby. Billy and Cane share Jill as their mother and therefore would have similiar DNA. Also Billy Abbott is coming back to Genoa City in the next week or so (recasted with an AMC actor).
    Thanks IC! This explains why they're making such a to-do about this engagement-now-wedding-party that Jill's planning. It's going to be one hell of a reunion.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

PGM, wow, that brought back a lot of things I had forgotten. But as I read your post, I could remember the exact scenes when they occurred.

And IC, if those rumours are true, that changes everything! Both would have the same mitochondrial DNA thanks to Jill! Hmmmmm.

The snark in me is still hoping that when the baby is born, he/she turns out to be black or Asian.....or, if Mexican, we can say that Miguel is the father!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Has anyone thought that Adam may have gotten that death certificate so quickly because he paid some corrupt official to move things along? Sounds like "Adam-behavior" to me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Boy, I just got home and saw the last few minutes of today's show.I have a word of advice to you girls.

You should never, never go into business with your wife's ex husband. And you should especially not do that if your wife is your business partners ex wife. That's just way too much togetherness for the average business partnership to survive. Add in the fact that one of the partners is a proven lowlife dog and you have a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3180484;
    Add in the fact that one of the partners is a proven lowlife dog and you have a recipe for disaster.
    I'm going to pretend the lowlife dog you're talking about is Phyllis.

Did you catch the crack Phyllis made in the article about Jack & Sharon, referring to Sharon as a "hair-chewing child bride"? So shouldn't that make Phyllis a homewrecking cougar?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3180764;
    I'm going to pretend the lowlife dog you're talking about is Phyllis.

Did you catch the crack Phyllis made in the article about Jack & Sharon, referring to Sharon as a "hair-chewing child bride"? So shouldn't that make Phyllis a homewrecking cougar?
    - love it!!!

+ Reply to Thread