+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree474Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Young and the Restless

Oh wow!! Loving that "maybe"!! But, wouldn't Mrs. Chancellor know?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It's no longer a rumor, Chloe is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Esther's daughter. Jill throws a wedding reception at the Chancellor estate, at first Chloe (who has changed her name from Kate) doesn't want to go, but then changes her mind. That's when Esther sees her for the first time. Jill is not happy about this!
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

All I can say is...... WOW!!!!!!
    Last edited by MamaC; 08-27-2008 at 04:58 PM.

FORT Newbie

I missed the episode - how did the DNA test get swapped out proving Cane to be the father? Did they show Victor as presumed dead today? (not the body that washed up)

Quote Originally Posted by rcurrytoo;3179478;
    It's no longer a rumor, Chloe is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Esther's daughter. Jill throws a wedding reception at the Chancellor estate, at first Chloe (who has changed her name from Kate) doesn't want to go, but then changes her mind. That's when Esther sees her for the first time. Jill is not happy about this!
    I love it. Well, if any revelation could make Kay drop dead...

Sleepless, I think the DNA test is a mystery so far. As for Victor (I'm putting this is spoiler tags because I've mixed up yesterday's and today's shows) -
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The body they found was Walter's. Victor is still missing (and hasn't been shown on the show) but a death certificate was issued. Nicki is hanging around in Mexico, hungover and in denial. Nick & Vicki are supposed to be taking a break from picking on Adam and plan to continue a search on their own. Paul returned from Mexico when he heard Heather was ill but is now heading back there
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

That's just the thing, Sleepless....when the lab sent the results to Cane all it said was that he could not be excluded as being the father. It never said he was the father! So I really don't know why everyone, including Cane, was in such a rush to have him marry Chloe.

To my way of thinking, maybe Cane would have been excluded if he was black or Chinese or a frog or a tree or something. The way I am reading the results is that he is just a white guy and so is the real father of Chloe's baby. So because he is a white guy he cannot be excluded. But what do I know!

(I posted earlier on this thread about this whole paternity test thing. I was always under the assumption that a patenity test involved the father and the baby. That they would need a sample from both to prove paternity. I had never heard of the mother and father giving samples to determine paternity.)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3179676;
    (I posted earlier on this thread about this whole paternity test thing. I was always under the assumption that a patenity test involved the father and the baby. That they would need a sample from both to prove paternity. I had never heard of the mother and father giving samples to determine paternity.)
    It's making me crazy too. How is it remotely possible to determine paternity without a sample from the child? It defies all common sense. If Cane is that stupid, that's another good reason he has no business being CEO of Jabot.

ETA: Proof it's not possible. I checked a couple of sites and both procedures to determine paternity while pregnant are invasive techniques - amnio and something called CVS.
    Last edited by AJane; 08-27-2008 at 07:41 PM.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Thanks AJane! I thought I was the only one who wondered about this stuff.

I knew that an invasive procedure could be done on the mother, which they did not do with Chloe! They both just got swabbed.....what's that going to prove? They would get a read out of Chloe's DNA and Cane's DNA....none of the baby's DNA.

CVS is chorionic villus sampling or something like that. It is a procedure that can be earlier than an amnio.

Yeah, it's impossible to determine paternity without testing the child. That's too silly for words. Sometimes I wonder if they think they are playing to total morons. But then I've been watching this show since the day it came on the air, so what does that say about me?

And wouldn't a death certificate be a mite premature at this 'juncture'? Adam was a bit hasty in making that request but I still doubt that they would issue one within a day or two of someone going missing. Damn, he could probably tread water for that long.

FORT Newbie

Thaks to AJANE and MamaC for the reply! I know it's just a SOAP, but sometimes I wonder why the writers don't research technical things a little better. Also, if Ester was in Cloe's life - it's hard to believe she was a bad mother to Cloe. Can't wait to hear more about that. Oh maybe Ester had an affair with Mr. Chancelor and Cloe is really Cane's half sister! (LOL)

+ Reply to Thread