+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3162394;
    Since you seem to have a mind like a steel trap, can you remind me how Dru came to be an illiterate street urchin when her sister was a doctor? Also, remember that dancing teacher she had? I couldn't stand that woman.
    Of course Nikki also had a sister who was a doctor. Seems to me that there is only one successful member allowed in some of those families.

I miss Aunt Mamie. I liked her and she was on the show for a long time, then just disappeared.
    That's right. Nikki's sister was Casey, and I remember her because the actress who portrayed her was a dead ringer for Jane Fonda. I'm real hazy on the Drucilla ballet teacher thing, except I think I remember that she was mean. I loved Aunt Mamie. They brought her back occasionally in the last few years, but then, like you say, she disappeared. BTW, why don't they bring back Dru, she always made Neil seem less boring.
    Susan

Dru ran away from home and lived on the streets and that is why she was Illiterate. If I can recall Dru and her mom(lillie Belle) didn't get along mom favored Olivia. Dru was taught how to read by Nate Hastings. Didn't the mom come to GC for awhile? I watched this show from the time that Lance and his thing for the two sisters,Laurie and the one that was the concert Pianist.
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 08-10-2008 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Elizabeth;3162405;
    That's right. Nikki's sister was Casey, and I remember her because the actress who portrayed her was a dead ringer for Jane Fonda. I'm real hazy on the Drucilla ballet teacher thing, except I think I remember that she was mean. I loved Aunt Mamie. They brought her back occasionally in the last few years, but then, like you say, she disappeared. BTW, why don't they bring back Dru, she always made Neil seem less boring.

The ballet teacher, Madame whatshername, made a recent appearance on the show when Lily was pregnant. Lily went to the ballet studio to "be near" her mom. Madame whatshername spoke with her French accent.

I loved Mamie too.

Another one we don't see anymore is Paul's mother, Mary Williams. She used to appear from time to time. Same with Brock. And even Jill's mother, Mrs. Foster, not Kay Chancellor. And even Sharon's mom, the one in the wheelchair. They used to pop in every now and then.

Dru.....hmmmmm, I don't know. I can see her being dead for good. But, this being a soap, I can see Neil and Karen (or maybe even Tyra?) taking their relationship to the next level and get married. Then Dru will magically recover from amnesia that resulted from her fall off the cliff, etc., and come back to GC.

Back when Dru died, I was disappointed that Olivia basically did a fly-by (from Africa). Seemed she was in GC for about 24 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3162463;
    The ballet teacher, Madame whatshername, made a recent appearance on the show when Lily was pregnant. Lily went to the ballet studio to "be near" her mom. Madame whatshername spoke with her French accent.

I loved Mamie too.

Another one we don't see anymore is Paul's mother, Mary Williams. She used to appear from time to time. Same with Brock. And even Jill's mother, Mrs. Foster, not Kay Chancellor. And even Sharon's mom, the one in the wheelchair. They used to pop in every now and then.

Dru.....hmmmmm, I don't know. I can see her being dead for good. But, this being a soap, I can see Neil and Karen (or maybe even Tyra?) taking their relationship to the next level and get married. Then Dru will magically recover from amnesia that resulted from her fall off the cliff, etc., and come back to GC.

Back when Dru died, I was disappointed that Olivia basically did a fly-by (from Africa). Seemed she was in GC for about 24 hours!
    Mary Williams, the busy body? lol That woman could fit in more unwanted advice between church women's circle meetings than anyone I ever knew. Do you remember Paul's dad, Carl?

I always like Brock but he sure had his priorities jumbled. Every time he was needed at home he would show up for a day or two and then have to go back to his missionary work, or whatever he did.

Liz Foster had the prettiest eyes I think I've ever seen.

Doris was Sharon's mother. That lady really was a wheelchair patient I believe.

I think it's highly possible that Dru is floating around out there somewhere. I'd like to see her come back. I like her a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3162901;
    Mary Williams, the busy body? lol That woman could fit in more unwanted advice between church women's circle meetings than anyone I ever knew. Do you remember Paul's dad, Carl?

I always like Brock but he sure had his priorities jumbled. Every time he was needed at home he would show up for a day or two and then have to go back to his missionary work, or whatever he did.

Liz Foster had the prettiest eyes I think I've ever seen.

Doris was Sharon's mother. That lady really was a wheelchair patient I believe.

I think it's highly possible that Dru is floating around out there somewhere. I'd like to see her come back. I like her a lot.
    That's right, and Brock was MacKenzie's father, by way of Jill, and Mac got involved with Billy whom she married only to find out just before the consummation that they were brother and sister. Yuck! Glad that storyline went away.
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Elizabeth;3162914;
    That's right, and Brock was MacKenzie's father, by way of Jill, and Mac got involved with Billy whom she married only to find out just before the consummation that they were brother and sister. Yuck! Glad that storyline went away.
    No, that's a little twisted up. Brock is Mac's father but her mom is not Jill. When the story opened that Kay was actually Jill's bio-mom, Jill tried to run and stop the wedding to tell Mac and Billy that they were cousins but was too late. I can't remember who found them to finally tell them but they received the information the night they were going to consimate their marriage and that's when Billy left the show to do work with Brock, I think. He then returned as the gambling addicted Billy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Whew! Thank you, bbg!! I didn't think that Jill was Mac's mother, but I feared that my memory was failing me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3163039;
    No, that's a little twisted up. Brock is Mac's father but her mom is not Jill. When the story opened that Kay was actually Jill's bio-mom, Jill tried to run and stop the wedding to tell Mac and Billy that they were cousins but was too late. I can't remember who found them to finally tell them but they received the information the night they were going to consimate their marriage and that's when Billy left the show to do work with Brock, I think. He then returned as the gambling addicted Billy.
    That's right. It was such a convoluted storyline, it was hard to keep track of who had fathered whom. I liked the first actor, Billy Tom, who portrayed Billy, but couldn't stand the kid that replaced him. Whatever happened to Billy Tom, anyway?
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Elizabeth;3163063;
    That's right. It was such a convoluted storyline, it was hard to keep track of who had fathered whom. I liked the first actor, Billy Tom, who portrayed Billy, but couldn't stand the kid that replaced him. Whatever happened to Billy Tom, anyway?
    He went to One Life to Live for awhile and he got fired or something.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3163085;
    He went to One Life to Live for awhile and he got fired or something.
    Thanks for the info. That whole Tom family are actors. The original Victoria
    (Heather Tom, now on B&B,) and another sister whose name escapes me was the oldest child on the Nanny. I remember her, because she was anorexically skinny.
    Susan

+ Reply to Thread