+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree396Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3155679;
    Wow, rcurrytoo, that is something!

Susan, I say the same thing everytime I see her on that commercial. I have seen her on other TV shows, like Without a Trace and Shark. I just did a search on IMDB and she seems to have been in other soaps, Port Charles and General Hospital, but I don't watch them.
    What's her real name? I thought she was so good in the role of Carmen, but she is so recognizable because of it, I suspect she may have a hard time getting work.
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Elizabeth;3156156;
    What's her real name? I thought she was so good in the role of Carmen, but she is so recognizable because of it, I suspect she may have a hard time getting work.

Her name is Marisa Ramirez. On GH she played Gia Campbell, a fashion model, and she was engaged to Nikolas Cassidine.
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

Quote Originally Posted by rcurrytoo;3156169;
    Her name is Marisa Ramirez. On GH she played Gia Campbell, a fashion model, and she was engaged to Nikolas Cassidine.
    Hey, thank you! I don't watch any other soap but Y&R, so I've probably missed her work. I'm glad she seems to be gainfully employed. Acting is such a tenuous job.
    Susan

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3156132;
    Right, how are you going to ask your best friend's ex-husband on a date? What is she thinking?

It sounded more like a 'buddy date' to me, but what do I know?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yeah it did when I actually saw the show today. But in yesterday's preview I was like WTH???

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3156801;
    Yeah it did when I actually saw the show today. But in yesterday's preview I was like WTH???
    Well, I don't think it will be much a story line. I'm more annoyed about this Neil/Tyra thing. Poor Karen, she uproots herself from New York after the death of her mother, takes a demotion from that ass Adam, and then gets this crap flung in her face? I know people, it's only a soap, but Geez this story line makes me mad.

Oh, I did like what Nikki did with David's ashes though, throwing them on the horse dung heap. I thought she looked pretty today. Hair good, and also Phyllis; back to the straight hair, much better.
    Susan

[QUOTE=Susan Elizabeth;3157326;]
    Poor Karen, she uproots herself from New York after the death of her mother, takes a demotion from that ass Adam, and then gets this crap flung in her face?QUOTE]

I don't have any sympathy for Karen what so ever. Yeah, Neil was wrong awhile back when he was still pining over Dru and leading Karen on but once he came to his senses, he basically begged Karen for another chance. She left and he gave her some space. He then flew to NY to beg her to come back again and she turned him down. Next thing you know, she's on his door step talking about "let's be friends."

It seems to me like she was playing games herself until Tyra came into the picture.

[QUOTE=biggbaddgirl;3157405;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Elizabeth;3157326;
    Poor Karen, she uproots herself from New York after the death of her mother, takes a demotion from that ass Adam, and then gets this crap flung in her face?QUOTE]

I don't have any sympathy for Karen what so ever. Yeah, Neil was wrong awhile back when he was still pining over Dru and leading Karen on but once he came to his senses, he basically begged Karen for another chance. She left and he gave her some space. He then flew to NY to beg her to come back again and she turned him down. Next thing you know, she's on his door step talking about "let's be friends."

It seems to me like she was playing games herself until Tyra came into the picture.
    Oh, I don't think she was playing games. Neil spurned her, and I think it took a lot of courage to come back to "Genoa City," and, now for her trouble, he's doing it to her all over again. To me she was guarding fragile emotions. Neil used her the first time around, and he's doing it again. Neil's not that great a guy, but from his portrayal by the scriptwriters, you're supposed to think that he's as pure as the driven snow Frankly, I never thought he was that wonderful to Dru, although Dru made her share of mistakes.
    Last edited by Susan Elizabeth; 08-06-2008 at 05:25 PM.
    Susan

Honestly though, Neil is boring. I don't get why they like him anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3157453;
    Honestly though, Neil is boring. I don't get why they like him anyways.
    I miss Malcolm.
    Susan

+ Reply to Thread