+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree474Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Yeah, I agree with lildago about the singing. Sure that little girl can sing, Devon too but, really, we wanted to see what else was going to happen.

I also really thought that Walter would have abducted Heather while she was waiting for Adam to come back out onto the patio, but that didn't happen. Now we will have to see if Heather realizes the David/Walter/House of Kim connection or touches base with Paul about it.

I did like how JT got Nikki out of the gala, and David was running around frantically looking for her.

When David and Sabrina were ready to leave, the limo driver said something like, "Mrs. Newman, is there anything I can get for you?" Of course it didn't seem all that much out of place since Sabrina is Mrs. Newman. BUT Nikki is still going by the name Nikki Newman. So I think the limo driver thought he had Nikki in the car rather than Sabrina.

It should be interesting when everyone arrives at the hospital and both Mrs. Newmans are there.

Parasolpink, Cane's friend can't be the guy who got Chloe preggars. She had just met him the night when she "got drunk" with Cane and this friend and then ended up with the passed out Cane in the car. She found out she was pg before that night. So whoever it is, he is someone from her past....someone we don't know about.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3146540;
    Yeah, I agree with lildago about the singing. Sure that little girl can sing, Devon too but, really, we wanted to see what else was going to happen.

I also really thought that Walter would have abducted Heather while she was waiting for Adam to come back out onto the patio, but that didn't happen. Now we will have to see if Heather realizes the David/Walter/House of Kim connection or touches base with Paul about it.

I did like how JT got Nikki out of the gala, and David was running around frantically looking for her.

When David and Sabrina were ready to leave, the limo driver said something like, "Mrs. Newman, is there anything I can get for you?" Of course it didn't seem all that much out of place since Sabrina is Mrs. Newman. BUT Nikki is still going by the name Nikki Newman. So I think the limo driver thought he had Nikki in the car rather than Sabrina.
    It should be interesting when everyone arrives at the hospital and both Mrs. Newmans are there.

Parasolpink, Cane's friend can't be the guy who got Chloe preggars. She had just met him the night when she "got drunk" with Cane and this friend and then ended up with the passed out Cane in the car. She found out she was pg before that night. So whoever it is, he is someone from her past....someone we don't know about.
    Very interesting observation about "Mrs. Newman"! I hadn't even thought about that one. Why, if she's "Mrs. Chow", does she still go by "Mrs. Newman"? That's just dumb. Seems like she would have, at least, changed it to "Mrs. Newman-Chow", if she was determined to hang onto Victor's and her childrens' name.

About the singing people, Devon and his little cousin sang, but there was that third singer that was as featured as either of them. Does anyone know her name? I was surprised that she had such a prominent part in the song. Even the little girl looked at her in amazement.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Don't you imagine that the name Newman would open a few more doors for Nikki than Chow would?
    Whoever the third singer was, she was well worth listening to. I liked her a lot.

So, how long is it going to take for Sabrina to die...or are they reconsidering keeping her? For somebody who only had "a few hours", she is wearing me out!

And did you guys catch the part about Victor had his vasectomy "quietly reversed"? I'm guessing that this was the only way that the idiot writers could save face?

I am hating Phyllis' center part, especially when she had her hair curled for The Gala. It looks like her hairline comes down too far on her forehead to make this look work. I also thought her face looked rather pudgy when her hair was curled. I think she needs bangs again (she did have them, didn't she?). Her hair looks better straight.

Whomever speculated about Nicki and Paul may have been onto something. I didn't really see it, but that's what it's looking like is going to happen.

And how NUTS is Chloe?? Which asylum did she escape from??

Adam.......... Still can't stand him!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3150758;
    So, how long is it going to take for Sabrina to die...or are they reconsidering keeping her? For somebody who only had "a few hours", she is wearing me out!

And did you guys catch the part about Victor had his vasectomy "quietly reversed"? I'm guessing that this was the only way that the idiot writers could save face?

I am hating Phyllis' center part, especially when she had her hair curled for The Gala. It looks like her hairline comes down too far on her forehead to make this look work. I also thought her face looked rather pudgy when her hair was curled. I think she needs bangs again (she did have them, didn't she?). Her hair looks better straight.

Whomever speculated about Nicki and Paul may have been onto something. I didn't really see it, but that's what it's looking like is going to happen.

And how NUTS is Chloe?? Which asylum did she escape from??

Adam.......... Still can't stand him!
    You took the thoughts right out of my head! ITA with every observation you made. From the looks of the promo for tomorrow, it looks like we're finally done with Sabrina...hopefully. Yes, Phyllis has been looking rather frumpy lately. I hate her hair that way.
    Susan

I also did not like Phyllis' hair. :nono to the writers for that lame move they pulled on Victor's vasectomy.

I actually like Adam

Adam's presumptuous behavior is completely out of line. And the way he tries to get away with talking to/dealing with Neil......... Victor brings him back into line when he can, but I think Adam might benefit from meeting Supernanny. Somebody needs to teach that boy his place.

Does anyone realize that now Adam is the main beneficiary of Victor's will?
    Yikes.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

I think Victor kept Abby in the will also, didn't he?

When Nikki was hallucinating and seeing David, Sabrina and Sabrina's daughter, it kind of creeped me out. But then I just had to look at her hair and I cracked up!

And yes, I think Adam has big plans on getting the Newman empire under his control.

Ran across this.

Michael Gross finds family ties in The Young and the Restless - TV Squad

Michael Gross finds family ties in The Young and the Restless
    Posted Aug 3rd 2008 9:57AM by Allison Waldman
    Filed under: Daytime, Casting, Reality-Free

The addition of Hogan Sheffer to the headwriting duties on The Young and the Restless is already making waves. In quick order, David and Sabrina have been killed off to make way for new characters. With new characters comes news of a major former prime time star joining the cast.

TV Guide's Michael Logan reports that Michael Gross will be playing River Baldwin, Michael's father, the one whom he thinks is a low-life, reprobate. A guy who refused to go to Vietnam and left Gloria to raise their son alone.

Best known as Steven Keaton on NBC's Emmy-winning sitcom Family Ties (1982-89), Michael is sure to bring instant credibility to the role. For one thing, we're going to find out that River is not at all what we've been told he is. In fact, I'm betting that River will be a politically charged character, a man who objected to the war and chose not to fight because he didn't believe it was a just cause.

Watch for Michael Baldwin to discover all kinds of things about himself and the kind of man he is because he shares the genes of a man he's never known.

Michael Gross will begin appearing on August 15.

+ Reply to Thread