+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree474Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

I like the suicide theory, but I notice that kind of death is really not very common on soaps. The real badasses are murdered, but David is actually pretty likeable. His character is written very well, really - he's two different men, one with Nikki and one while he's gambling. An interesting depiction of addiction, and more realistic than the rich women alcoholics (Kay and Nikki) that we've seen previously.

I see Paul playing a big part in David's demise, whether he dies, goes to prison, or possibly just runs off and is never heard from again. Until the writers need him, of course.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Because David was in trouble with his loan shark before he agreed to commit a murder to pay his debt. Right now he is in the same boat and is waiting for instructions on who is going to be killed next. I can't see it being Gloria. Walter has no bone to pick with her.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I kind of agree...Gloria has already told Nicki that David was in Vegas, so killing her won't stop anything on that end. I thought, for sure, if he was going to kill Glo it would have been before she had a chance to bust him out to his wife.

Ol' Dave is steadily trying to get away from Nicki, probably to protect her, and she just isn't having any of it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3098066;
    Ol' Dave is steadily trying to get away from Nicki, probably to protect her, and she just isn't having any of it.
    That's what I think too.

Can someone refresh my memory.....where/when did Gloria get all those diamonds?

to hide her money she bought tons of diamonds. She sent them off to her bank in the Cayman Islands. When Jeffrey took off will all her money she had a courier bring her "diamonds" to her. When the appraiser said they were all cubic zirconia, our poor Gloria almost died. She suspected he had done it, but didn't know for sure until he pulled the huge necklace from around Fisher's neck and gave it to her. Her diamonds are now back, Jeffrey's back, her money is back, Gloria is looking very pleased with herself now.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3094699;
    Did you notice that Nicki was in her "Michelle Obama-inspired black and white dress"? We're going to be in black and white hell before long!

Maybe David will end up offing himself, instead. At least if I was writing the storyline....yada,yada,yada... ..
    Something about Nikki in that dress, and her posture, reminded me so much of Misses aWiggins, Carol Burnett's character. She looked very strange.

Thanks Val....I knew she had the diamonds in the Cayman Islands....and figured that Jeffrey got to them first and switched them with CZ. I just must have missed the show where she bought them all.

Muduh, Nikki needs a new stylist. She has put on weight and some of these outfits are just downright atrocious. There was one a few weeks ago that had a hugely wide black belt that did her no favors. And it seems the uglier the dress, the more days she has to be in it. Black and white number=3days so far!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3102293;
    Thanks Val....I knew she had the diamonds in the Cayman Islands....and figured that Jeffrey got to them first and switched them with CZ. I just must have missed the show where she bought them all.

Muduh, Nikki needs a new stylist. She has put on weight and some of these outfits are just downright atrocious. There was one a few weeks ago that had a hugely wide black belt that did her no favors. And it seems the uglier the dress, the more days she has to be in it. Black and white number=3days so far!
    I agree. Nikki (actually, Melody, the actress who portrays her) is still a beautiful woman, but as women do, we get older. Also, unfortunately, gravity takes over. You would think that the Y&R people would want her represented in a more attractive light, unless, of course, it is to show the difference between Victor's new sweetie and the more mature mother of his children. Or, they will use this as a device; divergence that Melody, has in fact, gained some weight ie. the older woman/younger man story line. I saw her on the Daytime Emmy's and she looked pretty, but was dressed as someone who had seen better days. Don't want to be mean, but that was my opinion.
    Susan

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Nicki is not being dressed for her body type/shape. Somebody is not on top of their game on that show....well, actually, a whole lot of somebodies aren't on top of their games on that show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Melody Scott has packed on a ton of weight and she's carrying it in a very unfortunate way. Lord, the front of her is like the prow of a ship. Someone should tell her those tight, low-cut dresses make her look terribly matronly. She should really lose some weight - she doesn't even look comfortable anymore - and I would go for some well-cut suits and less cleavage. At least her hair looks better these days. She could hit the gym at the Athletic Club, maybe. It's obviously done wonders for the actress who plays Heather - I'm sure she wasn't that fit last year, she looks amazing now.

ETA: I just saw Muduh's Miss Wiggins comment - spot on.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread