+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher 62;2903408;
    It does drive me a little mad when the writers get you all into a storyline and then all of sudden in the middle of everything it takes this weird turn and is just kind of pushed aside. It's like half way through they just feel like they have lost their way and decide not to follow through with the story and try to get our focus some place else.

Yeah, like that phone call that Kane made to his uncle that raised him. Last we saw, Kane called him and said something about being "in" at Chancellor Industries (when Katherine first hired him for the Clear Springs project) and then it was dropped. Whatever happened there? I hate when they do that.

I guess we'll also never know who killed Ji Min ( I don't really care but clearly there's a murderer running loose around Genoa City).

Someone mentioned what an unlikely "model" Lily is and it brought back the memory of Cricket Blair(Laura Lee Bell) as a model for Jabot. A few of you probably remember that. I can still see her standing there in a bikini, flat chested and thighs out to here. The only way that child would have ever been thought of as model material is because her daddy was Mr Bell. I liked her, and still do, but model? I don't think so.

I would just like to say that today, my high school classmate, Cathy Wolveck, known to most of you as Kate Linder,aka, Esther Valentine, (Katherine Chancellor's confidante/housekeeper,) got her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. She has been a regular on Y@R for 26 years, and got her start with one line..."Dinner is served." Cathy has been involved with tons of charity work over the years and has never sought the spotlight for it. Additionally, to keep her "feet on the ground," so to speak, she has been a flight attendant for American Airlines for the same amount of time. As a matter of fact, she got the news of this honor while on a layover for a flight to Portland. Just wanted you all to know how proud all of us Arcadia High School alumni are of her.
    Susan

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Elizabeth;2913083;
    I would just like to say that today, my high school classmate, Cathy Wolveck, known to most of you as Kate Linder,aka, Esther Valentine, (Katherine Chancellor's confidante/housekeeper,) got her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. She has been a regular on Y@R for 26 years, and got her start with one line..."Dinner is served." Cathy has been involved with tons of charity work over the years and has never sought the spotlight for it. Additionally, to keep her "feet on the ground," so to speak, she has been a flight attendant for American Airlines for the same amount of time. As a matter of fact, she got the news of this honor while on a layover for a flight to Portland. Just wanted you all to know how proud all of us Arcadia High School alumni are of her.

I've always been impressed with Kate's dual careers!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That is great. I have always liked the character of Esther and think her and Mrs. C are good together. I was glad when they gave her a bigger storyline...and a kid

Esther has a "kid"...a "kid" to me is always a goat. That is complete news to me. Tell me more!!
    Looks like I've missed something!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2914400;
    Esther has a "kid"...a "kid" to me is always a goat. That is complete news to me. Tell me more!!
    Looks like I've missed something!
    Some years ago, the storyline had Esther give birth to a baby out of wedlock. The child is only referenced from time to time, usually during holiday's like Christmas. We never see the child, as it is off in "boarding school."
    Susan

Was this baby "born" before or after Esther came on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2915451;
    Was this baby "born" before or after Esther came on the show?
    Esther's daughter was born way after she came onto the show. I believe the father is a guy named Tiny (actually he was a pretty big guy ). He was a one night stand. Her daughter is named Kate (after Katherine) and I think it was late 80's when she was born so there's no telling how old the show would make her if they ever brought her back.

Shouldn't Nina's son make an appearance by now? And what happened to Paul's child with Isabella? Do they ever mention her (or him - I can't remember which sex the child is). I haven't watched in a long time and only keep up through forums.

I don't mind when soaps age the children but I wish they would at least age them accordingly when it comes to who was born first. I've never forgiven the writer's for aging Lily to be older than Nate. I thought that was just too stupid for words.

And Bill Bell promised never to have a "who is the father of Lily" story and then they went and did one years later anyway. Maybe Mr. Bell had died by then though.

I slightly remember "Tiny", but I don't remember her being pregnant. Oh well...thanks, everybody!

+ Reply to Thread