+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Is it just me, or has Y@R relegated most of the main characters, e.g. Paul, Brad, Jill, Phyllis, Nick, Adrian, etc. to sub plots, if that? What happened to Heather (didn't like her much either,) Colleen (really don't like the actress that portrays her now,) at one time their characters were integral to the plot lines. Too many dead ends. I find Nikki and David boring, same with Neil and Karen, am sick of that silly Amber, and the Lily/Cain thing just kind of ambles along with no real direction. At one time, Y@R was head and shoulders above other shows of the same genre, but not anymore. The plots and writing have become very pedestrian and eminently missable.
    Susan

Did they ever do an abortion story on this show?

Quote Originally Posted by laura000;2904180;
    Did they ever do an abortion story on this show?

Didn't Ashley have an abortion, when she got pregnant by Victor, (the natural way) and it caused her to have a mental brake down?

Quote Originally Posted by rcurrytoo;2904309;
    Didn't Ashley have an abortion, when she got pregnant by Victor, (the natural way) and it caused her to have a mental brake down?
    Yep. Similar to the amnesiac wandering around Kay did (when she ended up in the homeless shelter and met Mac). I believe she remembered who she was when she looked in the lining of her fur coat and saw the initials "AA". (I wish I could remember important stuff this well. )
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I wonder if Victor took a "mighty blue" before sweeping Sabrina off her feet. Can't wait to see Victoria's reaction when she finds out.

Okay, now that it has been mentioned, I do remember Adrian being at the poker party and helping Lily move back into the campus house.

Okay.....here's another where is he......what happened to Zapato? LOL

Hey, it's only my opinion Christopher 62's Avatar

Poor Zapato...like so many other characters on this show these days he has out lasted his usefulness for the story and has been placed on the back burner. The back burner of the old fashioned cooking stove in the old grounds keepers shack on the outskirts of the Newman ranch. Most likely never to be heard from again...until one of those Newman grandchildren make an appearance or have a birthday.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And where is Fisher? Noah's dog (and how did that kid give that dog such a stupid name?)? Gloria tried to get rid of him, but it didn't work, as I recall.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My guess is that Miguel is taking care of both Zapato and Fisher somewhere on the Newman Ranch.....and toss in Noah too. He can't still be sleeping over at his friend's house, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2905948;
    My guess is that Miguel is taking care of both Zapato and Fisher somewhere on the Newman Ranch.....and toss in Noah too. He can't still be sleeping over at his friend's house, right?

Ha ha. Yeah this soap is getting pretty lame. I can't stand Victor and Sabrina, it's as bad as Jack and Sharon, no one wants to that.

That's so what Lily gets. Cane isn't as cute as he used to be.

Now looks like Adam is going all crazy stalker. Has she told Nick at all. I think she told Victoria he was hitting on her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, Victor is starting to throw his money at Sabrina. He's hiring her as his art consultant (yeah, everybody needs one of those), wants her to travel here and there, with Genoa City as her base. Now that they have consummated their relationship, I'm sure he looks pretty tall standing on his money! He is rather shameless, but rich. I guess you use what you've got. He no longer has youth on his side. She becomes a kept woman if she takes him up on his offer.

I've always thought Jack and Phyllis belonged together.

Adam has great potential to up the interest in this show, if the writers will cooperate. I think Amber and Gloria and the Korean woman are the only people keeping this show even slightly interesting right now.

Felicia Forrester always dresses like a high priced call girl. I thought she was shamelessly flirting with Jack when she got on that elevator after their meeting at the Restless Style office, but now they're making it out to be Nick. OK, whatever. That girl has been around more times than a wheel of rolling cheese. Geez....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread