+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Young and the Restless

Saw the b!tch storyline of the year on the show today. JT left work and took the baby home; Victoria was told by daddy to have a report about the security breach on daddy's desk first thing in the morning! Isn't that JT's job??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hey prhoshay and Christopher62 - I didn't notice Maggie was gone either!

Now if we could only get rid of Amber...

Hey, it's only my opinion Christopher 62's Avatar

Amber is really whiny, and she does tend to get on my nerves with her stupid whacked out schemes. She is always pulling other people into her drama and causing them trouble...hey maybe it will come out soon that Amber is actually Gloria's long lost daughter!! Just kidding.

I kind of dropped out of Y@R as the writer's strike really started to affect things; like Amber helping Mrs. C reminisce about her colorful life. It was then that I knew they were making it up as they went along. Now, it just seems hum drum to me, and this pairing of Sabrina and Victor is almost perverted.

Add me to those who didn't even think about the missing Maggie!

And where is Adrian? I don't know when I saw him last.

I don't like Victor with Sabrina either. When he went in for that kiss amongst the lampposts ( ) all those wrinkles on his face were so very prominent!

And now Lily and Cain......and the pregnancy test results.

Adrain was last seen helping Lily move back in with Devon one day I think it was last week, he had like 4 lines, he was with the retched girl they have playing Colleen now.

I have to say I think it would be something if the oh so perfect and self righteous Lily found herself in a really human situation, like being pregnant. Maybe then her little balloon of being perfect would burst and she could actually walk among the normal folk for a bit. I am sure that if she is pregnant Neil will blame Cane for taking advantage of his precious and perfect little girl.

Adrian was also at the boys' night poker game at Brad's.

Now, see, I don't see Lilly as being perfect and self-righteous. I could be overlooking/forgetting, but it's her dad that is determined to have her be his perfect princess. I don't think we should confuse Lilly's naivete with Neil's refusal to let her grow up. They write Lilly more like she is 12 than 20. It's kind of sickening. And she makes a crappy model, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree with shay. I think Lily's character has gone off the rails since Dru left. I also think she's a terrible model, like Dru - beautiful women but not model-esque.

I don't miss Maggie either, and I hated her character. I think Paul got short-changed on the Heather-my-daughter storyline, too. Maybe it's because I can remember the old plots, but I would have liked to seen it more developed. So what's going to happen to the murder investigation now? The writers stopped caring, I suppose. Like when Phyllis tried to murder Christine, back in the day - that somehow got slipped under the rug after a short while and never came up again.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

All right...maybe I was a little harsh on Lily. She is not really a bad character, she is just written that way. You are right when you say Neil is the one who expects perfection of his daughter and you are SO right when you say that she stinks as a model.

It does drive me a little mad when the writers get you all into a storyline and then all of sudden in the middle of everything it takes this weird turn and is just kind of pushed aside. It's like half way through they just feel like they have lost their way and decide not to follow through with the story and try to get our focus some place else.

I agree!

+ Reply to Thread