+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree474Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Hey, it's only my opinion Christopher 62's Avatar

Re: Young and the Restless

I must say that while Gloria is not my favorite character on the show there are so many other characters that need work. What is up with Heather? I did not like her from the time they brought her in to replace William. She is not a good actress and she does absolutely nothing in this role...granted that may be in part to the writing but she could at least make it believable. I do have to agree that I see no chemistry between Cane and Lily...in fact I am so tired of Lily and at times kind of wish she went over the cliff with her mother. I do miss the character of Dru and would love if they brought her back, but only if Victoria Rowell comes back to play her. Dru added so much to the show, over acted at times but was always fun to watch. Finally, I am not really thrilled with the way they have kind of turned JT in Victoria's bitch. It seems like the man has no back bone anymore, he just does whatever he is told to do.

One of the soap mags that I read in the grocery store checkout line said either Dru, Malcolm, or ?(can't remember the third choice) would be returning.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher 62;2898242;
    Finally, I am not really thrilled with the way they have kind of turned JT in Victoria's bitch. It seems like the man has no back bone anymore, he just does whatever he is told to do.
    I guess their thinking is that since he, supposedly, came so close to losing her, her wish is his command? I see JT as the next Brad Carlton. He is a failed musician, a private investigator, and now he's probably got a 6 figure income as head of security at Newman and has taken to wearing suits everyday. Brad went from pool boy to executive. Amazing how things work in that town!

And I've never thought of Victoria as being in her 20s. She's 30s to me, and looks to be about the same age as her buddy, Sabrina. Sabrina comes off with that European sophistication that Victoria doesn't have, to me. Goofy Lilly seems 20, to me.

Victor has gotten boring and rather 'one-note' to me. He's not even chasing Sabrina, like she's chasing him....and she is red hot! This art stuff has gotten boring, though. Bring back the hound dog in Victor!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

*shudder* I can't stand Sabrina with Victor. He's as old as dirt and she's so young, not to mention insanely beautiful. She's a terrible actor, though, and I hate the way she talks - so stilted and it sounds like she's trying to mimic the accent of some Euro-trash finishing-school dilettante. If they must stick her with Victor, I hope she ends up irresistibly attracted to Adam and then he can steal her away from his father.

It does seem like the current writing staff is trying to fix some of the mess that the last year or so of plotlines has been. I would love to see Dru back, and now would be a fantastic time, with Neil & Karen just having moved in together.

Oh, and add me to the list of those who despise Gloria. I'm not even amused by her anymore -she's taking that hammy Cruella DeVille thing way over the top. I also hate the way Jerry Douglas has been brought back in - John Abbott was such an iconic character, and it seems ridiculous to basically turn him into an alcoholic out-of-work actor.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I am so right there with you on the Jerry Douglas, like I said in an earlier post...bring him back as John who faked his death or something like that but this whole Alister thing...especially hooking him up with Gloria again is just plain stupid. Can I say how glad I am that Michael and Kevin have finally stood up to the batty woman they call mother. It is about time someone said to her just how crazy and outlandish she really is. Also...I so miss the evil Victor, they have made him so wishy washy lately and he just is no longer the strong character he used to be. I am hoping the writing does get better and they can get back to what works on this show.

to FORT, Christoper62!

I'm pretty bored with Y&R lately... as much as I love to look at Cane, his relationship with Lilly does nothing for me. And Chloe needs to RELAX. I also agree the Allister story is pretty stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2898195;
    Interesting that Dru might return, since she's the one that quit the show. She was not a happy camper and, basically, said "To hell with you all." I really miss her and her interactions with Phyllis. It's my understanding that she wanted to do some directing or producing, and they weren't cooperating with her.
    Makes sense to me that she'd come back considering the person who wasn't cooperating with her is now gone.

Maggie (Paul's stalkerish wanna be girlfriend) is also MIA due to the head writer being let go. The woman who played Maggie and her were close friends and that's how she was cast in the part.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;2900151;
    Maggie (Paul's stalkerish wanna be girlfriend) is also MIA due to the head writer being let go. The woman who played Maggie and her were close friends and that's how she was cast in the part.
    I never cared for the actress playing Maggie anyway. She did not look like someone I'd put Paul with at all.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, I didn't even notice that Maggie was missing until you said that! That really says a lot about her acting/role that I never missed her and she's been gone for a while.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The girl that played Maggie was Tammy Lauren. I remember her when she was just a child actor. The funny thing is like someone else sad on here, I never even missed Maggie, and did not really even realize she was gone until I just read it here. You guys are right...that says a lot about her acting and the character. Of course, lets face it, Paul has been a very sideline character for a while too. So many of the old timers tend to show up only at weddings, funerals and baby showers.

+ Reply to Thread