+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree443Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

  1. #1351
    Give Me A Hug biggbaddgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,816

    Re: Young and the Restless

    Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2865230;
    Does anyone know the backstory with Amber and the Forrester woman? I never watched that other soap (Bold & Beautiful? ) but I'm wondering why she doesn't like Amber. Besides the fact she's a liar and a thief.
    Amber used to be married to Felicia's little brother Rick on B&B. Basically, she was the same over there. Lied about everything. She tried to pass her cousin's baby off as her and Rick's at one point.

  2. #1352
    FORT Fogey PGM35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,400

    Re: Young and the Restless

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2862555;
    We didn't have new shows on Thursday or Friday due to NCAA games. Even on the soap network they repeated the Tuesday and Wednesday shows (the ones with "Allistair" in his role as John Abbott.) Heather was the same old Heather as before.

    Did others have new shows on those days?
    no wonder!!! My dvr didnt' tape them so I set the dvr to tape them from the Soap Network and I was like, I've seen these episodes!!! Thanks for clearing that up! LOL

  3. #1353
    addicted MamaC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,494

    Re: Young and the Restless

    No prob, PGM!

    I must have missed something along the way......what did Gloria do to Noah's dog?

  4. #1354
    Anarchist AJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Charming
    Posts
    9,353

    Re: Young and the Restless

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2866401;
    I must have missed something along the way......what did Gloria do to Noah's dog?
    She lured it out of the house - twice, I believe - hoping it would run off and be lost forever. I don't normally advocate anyone being cruel to pets, but Gloria did look pretty funny tossing that steak out the door for the dog. I can't remember if they found it the second time, though, unless he's camped out at Phyllis and Nick's house with Noah. Who looks after all those kids and animals while Nick & Phyllis are flitting around their new office and partying it up, anyway? When Phyllis got out of jail she was hauling that baby around like a prize new Prada bag and saying she never wanted to be separated from her again, but her maternal instincts seem to have deserted her now that they have their magazine up and running.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

  5. #1355
    FORT Fogey PGM35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,400

    Re: Young and the Restless

    Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2866987;
    She lured it out of the house - twice, I believe - hoping it would run off and be lost forever. I don't normally advocate anyone being cruel to pets, but Gloria did look pretty funny tossing that steak out the door for the dog. I can't remember if they found it the second time, though, unless he's camped out at Phyllis and Nick's house with Noah. Who looks after all those kids and animals while Nick & Phyllis are flitting around their new office and partying it up, anyway? When Phyllis got out of jail she was hauling that baby around like a prize new Prada bag and saying she never wanted to be separated from her again, but her maternal instincts seem to have deserted her now that they have their magazine up and running.
    I thought the same thing! Noah is always at a friends and they call him every now and then. I guess Summer is at Newman's daycare center 24/7 even thought neither of them work there anymore! And what is up with Victoria not being able to find a babysitter so Sabrina had to stay with him, uh, isn't Miguel available anymore?

  6. #1356
    Hey, it's only my opinion Christopher 62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Age
    51
    Posts
    15

    Re: Young and the Restless

    Alright I have been a fan of Y&R for awhile now and they have come up with some pretty far fetched stories but his whole John Abbott look alike thing with this Alister is just plain stupid. If you want to use the actor more write it that John faked his death or something like that...it was bad enough when they killed William and brought in look alike Jeffrey. Just my opinion, let me know what you think.

  7. #1357
    FORT Fanatic rcurrytoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    675

    Re: Young and the Restless

    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher 62;2897201;
    Alright I have been a fan of Y&R for awhile now and they have come up with some pretty far fetched stories but his whole John Abbott look alike thing with this Alister is just plain stupid. If you want to use the actor more write it that John faked his death or something like that...it was bad enough when they killed William and brought in look alike Jeffrey. Just my opinion, let me know what you think.
    I understand how you feel, and I probably would feel the same way if my hatred wasn't focused somewhere else, and that's on Gloria, I HATE gloria, I DESPISE Gloria, I want Gloria to pay for all the wrong she has done, and until that happens I really can't focus on what else happens on the show everything else is a blur. I can't even enjoy the rest of the show because of Gloria. I just want someone to KILL Gloria!
    Last edited by rcurrytoo; 04-05-2008 at 10:37 PM.

  8. #1358
    addicted MamaC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,494

    Re: Young and the Restless

    Tell us how you REALLY feel, rcurrytoo! LOL

    Gloria drives me nuts a lot of the time too. But I actually found myself laughing when she redecorated the mansion with all that god-awful stuff and hung her protrait up over the fireplace. I see the portrait is still there, but they went back to the more traditional furniture pretty quick!

    Jack was driving me crazy when he was getting all teary-eyed over moving out of the mansion. Um, come on Jack, suck it up! It's about time you left the nest!

    I can't wait to see what the storyline is on the Korean woman. On the previews, Gloria was telling Jeffrey to get out and stay out.

    I wonder if Jerry Douglas has had second thoughts about retirement. Maybe he just felt like working a little bit longer, but not on a somewhat full-time basis.

    Sabrina.....anyone else think she looks too old to be a friend of Victoria's? Victoria seems to be in her 20s on the show (even though in real life she is 35) but Sabrina seems to look 10 years older that Victoria on the show.

  9. #1359
    Give Me A Hug biggbaddgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,816

    Re: Young and the Restless

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2897679;
    I wonder if Jerry Douglas has had second thoughts about retirement. Maybe he just felt like working a little bit longer, but not on a somewhat full-time basis

    He wasn't retiring from my understanding. At the time, he was just supposed to be cutting back a bit and that awful writer whom they finally got rid of (Lynn Marie Lathan, I think that's her name) decided she wanted to kill anyone she could, while she could, off of the show. Nick was almost killed but Joshua Morrow decided to comply with her terms and that's how he came back from that place crash. She killed John, Dru and Ji Min. My belief was Katherine was next on the list to go.

    I believe the current writers are just trying to right all the wrong that was done while she was in charge and is just trying to find a way to get him comfortably back into the show.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I also read that Dru might return but it's just hearsay for now.

  10. #1360
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,122

    Re: Young and the Restless

    Interesting that Dru might return, since she's the one that quit the show. She was not a happy camper and, basically, said "To hell with you all." I really miss her and her interactions with Phyllis. It's my understanding that she wanted to do some directing or producing, and they weren't cooperating with her. I guess it could be another actress playing Dru, though...and you know that wouldn't be right!!!

    I love Gloria's presence! I think she is one of the few people who make the show fun.

    Hate Cane, Lilly, sick of Neil and Karen. Even if Lilly is pregnant, that won't help the show. Cane and Lilly have no chemistry. I'd like to see Cane's uncle come into the show. Kay has been on the show long enough to die, now. I really hate it when the actor dies in real life while they are still on the show.

    Is it just me, or does David Chow have a belly??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.