+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree443Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

I don't remember if I mentioned this, what the heck was with Daniel's (I almost put Danielle's) hair? And I don't know why they were blamming Amber for causing a scene etc, Cane is the one who drew the attention.

In my experience you can cancel an ambulance, the dispatcher should send the PD for a welfare check though.

But yeah, they get so much stuff wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;2774138;
    I don't remember if I mentioned this, what the heck was with Daniel's (I almost put Danielle's) hair?
    I thought it was funny when Kevin asked if he was wearing a wig too.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I liked Daniel's hair. I guess it matches his new persona as a cool edgy photographer. Seriously, though, he's really growing into a very good-looking young man. It seems like only yesterday he was an annoying little punk. And somehow Kevin is growing on me too - maybe because they're writing his character to be more like Michael and less garden-variety psycho.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"cool edgy" are not 2 words that even slightly come to mind when I think about the actor that plays the character, Daniel. Honestly, I think his acting is weak and his portrayal of Daniel is juvenile, however he's been the only Daniel Romalotti, hasn't he? That was not a wig he was wearing??? OK, so I'm just not a Daniel fan, I guess, because if it was a wig, I thought it was pretty chintzy looking and that they were making a joke of Amber's looks. I'd like to see an actor with more "spice" play that role....he's just a little too "white bread" for my viewing pleasure.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2774091;
    Okay, when someone calls 911, they cannot change their mind and call them back to cancel! Geesh! In the real world the ambulance would have had to come to the Chancellor estate and the EMTs would at least take her BP, temperature and listened to her heart. As it was, when the doc arrived and told her to go to the hospital, they could have called the ambulance to get her there rather than have Amber drive her.

Regarding Victoria and her baby. Wasn't the baby born at 22 weeks or something incredibly early? There is no way that two months later, that baby would be out of the NICU. That would make the baby around 30 weeks and a preemie born at 30 weeks still ends up spending a good two months in the NICU.

And where was this private nurse they hired to care for Victoria at the ranch? We only saw her what....once? If Victoria just hops out of bed tomorrow to pick up the crying baby, I will flip! If anything, someone in a coma that long will have to have some sort of physical therapy to regain muscle strength.

Who writes this stuff???
    It's a soap opera. In the soaps people come back from the dead and make unrealistic recoveries. The writers have to speed things up. Soaps move slow enough. If they had to move along in real time nothing would ever happen.

toothdoc

I don't know what's worse. The fact that I remember watching the scenes with Katharine and Phillip when they originally aired, or that I am still watching,lol.

Same here!

When they did that flashback of Katherine and Philip in the car, I noticed neither had their seatbelt on. That's how old that clip is....predates the seatbelt laws!

Hey Everyone! It's been a while since I've posted in thread but I'm still keeping up with the Y&R when I can. Here's my 2 cents:
    • Gloria vs. Jack: While she was entertaining for a while, I've about had it with Gloria. The whole moving into the Abbott Family home story is already starting to get on my nerves and it hasn't even begun yet.
    • Daniel's new hair colour: while I agree with AJane that he is a very handsome young man, I don't like blond.
    • Daniel and the Prosecutor (can't remember her name): I am not liking that storyline either. I just don't see the chemistry.
    • Amber: Amber, Amber, Amber. I am glad to see she's no longer 'Marina' but now I'm worried Kat will kick the bucket and leave her loads of cash. Anyone know if Jeanne Cooper is planning on leaving anytime soon?

I have more to say re: the Newman family but it's nothing nice. I wonder why I'm so disillusioned with the show lately? It's just not as exciting as it used to be.

And just in case some don't know (it's on the www), look who's making an appearance:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The week of February 4 - 8, Victor (Eric Braeden) receives a mysterious call from Hope. After J.T.(Thad Luckinbill) and Victoria's (Amelia Heinle) wedding, he hops on a plane to be by her side leaving the Newman family scratching their heads. Victor confides in his old pal Kay Chancellor (Jeanne Cooper) the truth behind his trip.

Fan favorite Signy Coleman reprises her role as Hope, bringing an old love to the front burner and introducing a new cast member to the Y&R canvas when Victor Jr. is re-introduced to fans by actor Chris Engen. Don't miss the episode airing on February 18!

What secrets will unfold? How will Jr. take to Victor Sr.? Will he meet the rest of the Newmans? Stay tuned....

ITA on Gloria & Jeffrey moving into the Abbott house. Totally unnecessary storyline and yeah, it's not in the least bit amusing.

It certainly looks like Kay is planning to leave the show, isn't it? The mysterious dizzy spells, losing consciousness while with Amber...it's all pointing towards Amber getting a big old inheiritance from her. If that's the case I'll be very sorry to see Jeanne Cooper go. I've been watching the show for decades and it just won't be the same without her.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, I guess they have a serious space problem on this show. Nick and Phyllis don't have a bedroom and, continuously "get it on on their living room sofa, where they allow company to sit (please, at least, use some Febreze!)", there's no place for Gloria and Jeffrey to live, so they move in with Jack and Sharon...I know TPTB could do better!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread