+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree432Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Mrs. Chancellor saying "You scared the hell out of me" when she saw Amber was funny. Classic Kay!

I keep expecting a visit from John now that Jack is in danger. You'd think this is the time he'd see his father's ghost.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This show still stinks, even after the garage collapse. I'm still trying to hang in there, though. It's an awfully long habit to try to break.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I used to watch this show a long time ago but it started boring me and I stopped. So after a few years off, I tried to re-watch this week and I have a couple of comments/questions for you long time viewers.

Has it always been so dark? The screen was so dark that I could barely make out their faces! It annoyed me so much that I ended up deleting the episode 15 minutes into it. Also... since when are the characters so boring and ploddish? Wow, this is not the Y&R I remember with the excellent acting and story telling. So disappointed.

The writing has been sad for a while, especially since Bill Bell died. It's like the writers have all changed, and not for the better. And it's been in a really boring slump for at least a month or so. I haven't noticed any problem with the darkness, but I'll pay more attention now that you have mentioned it.

And they are still carrying Summer like she is a ventriloquist's dummy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When they were in the room with Lauren and Michael (can't believe they are still on the show) and then when Paul was taking to some girl who is his secret daughter? The screen was so dark I could barely make out the faces and since I'm trying to catch up after a few years off.. it was just too frustrating to keep trying. If I could figure out how to make my tv screen brighter *and then change it back when I go to any other show* I'd do that.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 11-03-2007 at 09:22 PM.

I don't have a darkness problem. Sounds like your TV.

I'm getting very tired of Victoria languishing in the hospital. Nikki is not a pretty sight with her hair yanked back and no eye makeup.
    Something needs to happen, and soon. If I'd heard any inkling about Amelia Heinle leaving, I would say Victoria was a goner, but I think they're just going to deliver the baby (SOON, I hope) and have her remain comatose until Amelia is ready to return from maternity leave. And if Victoria lives, I figure it must be Brad's son.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I am shocked at how dry and dull this show has become, particularly with this being November sweeps. It has become a total waste of time. What is the problem??

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2675311;
    I'm getting very tired of Victoria languishing in the hospital. Nikki is not a pretty sight with her hair yanked back and no eye makeup.
    Something needs to happen, and soon. If I'd heard any inkling about Amelia Heinle leaving, I would say Victoria was a goner, but I think they're just going to deliver the baby (SOON, I hope) and have her remain comatose until Amelia is ready to return from maternity leave. And if Victoria lives, I figure it must be Brad's son.
    I just came here to comment on Nikki. That poor woman looks older without makeup than I do. I believe if I were her I would insist on a little bit of a hairdo, also.

I have never liked this Victoria and would not miss her in the least. I say, leave her in a coma for a while and when she returns she won't be the same girl, literally.

My Lord, if something doesn't change soon poor Nikki is going to die from a terminal case of ugly, isn't she? We've gone waaay past plain now. The woman needs some makeup and a comb STAT!

+ Reply to Thread