+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree473Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

I thought the whole Victor/Nikki scene was really moving, actually...similar to Nick & Sharon's vault scene. One of the few things the writers are doing well this year is humanizing the characters, and giving them more realistic experiences that the audience can relate to. I thought that final conversation between Victor and Nikki was far more compelling than any of their silly re-marriages to each other, or Nikki's shooting, or Victor's "illness" last year.

On another note, Victoria really looks quite lovely these past few weeks. Is it me or did she look pretty bedraggled the first couple of months into her pregnancy? Even her hair looked awful then. It helps that she's not as painfully thin as she was before she became pregnant.

Anyone else rooting for Lily & Cane to get together? How old is Cane supposed to be, anyway? I mean, realistically. The late Philip - who was Jill's son until she found out he wasn't - would have to be well into his 30's, but Cane seems younger than that.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Since she is/was pregnant in real life (I do believe)....the first 3 months of pregnancy do whip your butt...and then you blossom for the next 3....and then you want to sleep the last 3-4. I'd like to know the actual timeline involved.

And to as Lilly and Cane...anything too easy is bound to not be good for you. But rebound situations (which is what Lilly and Cane are) usually don't work out anyway.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-05-2007 at 09:50 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This is now on page 2 - I have to get it back up top. I haven't seen today's episode....but looks like stuff was going on with Sharon and Brad...right?

Not really.......this show is as boring and dry as ever, right now. Pray for November sweeps to hurry and get here.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I think the show is doing a writing correction. I don't think they will do the baby switch story. In looking at other boards, I came across an online transcript of Michelle Stafford (Phyllis), she was saying that both her and Nick (Josh Marrow) didn't like the baby is Jack storyline, especially Nick. Josh believed that it would destroy his character that Nick wouldn't do something like lie about the paternity of Summer. That he wouldn't take a child from his father. He said even with the Cassie/Daniel at fault storyline, he withheld evidence but came thru and did the right thing. Josh/Phyllis couldn't image Nick throwing away his family to be with a woman whose child wasn't his. This makes sense to me, especially with the longwinded hiatus Josh was on during contract negoations and rumors of Michelle leaving the show when her contract expired. I think their was alot of behind the scene bickering and Phick fan protest. That is why the whole abrupt change of heart of Nick, falling in love with Phyllis again, Phyllis getting out of prison soon, Logan being dropped suddenly especially since she was flirting with Brad. I think the triangle now is Brad/Sharon and Jack and Phick love is alive and well.

That's interesting, because I was thinking pretty much the same thing. It did seem weird that the gears of several relationships shifted so suddenly. I don't know about the Brad/Sharon thing though, seeing as how Brad stabbed her in the back by leaking the kiss to the tabloids. I think they'll have Victoria's baby turn out to be Brad's, and keep him busy fighting with her and JT. Since the writers obviously love these May-December relationships, maybe Brad can hook up with Heather.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I was amazed at how much Karen looked like Dru in that hat today.

When she walked in wearing the hat, my first thought was, "Oh no! Dru reincarnated! Please don't have her start going all hat crazy!"

Then when she said that she bought it at a thrift shop, my first thought was "Ewwww!"

Has anyone seen the commercial airing for what is going to happen next week on Y&R? I saw one today at the end of B&B and it looks like next week ought to be must see tv!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2606359;
    Has anyone seen the commercial airing for what is going to happen next week on Y&R? I saw one today at the end of B&B and it looks like next week ought to be must see tv!

I saw it and I can't wait!

I haven't seen it, but anything would be an improvement on what's NOT going on now. They are waaay overdue for giving us something to kick up the old heart rate a little bit.

+ Reply to Thread