+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree441Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2586335;
    Phyllis had a child before Daniel? I don't remember that. Daniel's def younger than Nick so I'm trying to figure out when Phyllis had another child prior to her involvement with Danny Romolatti.
    I'm sure you're right. I think I'm having a senior moment. I may have her confused with Diane or whoever that really insane woman is.

I was surprised to read that "Colonel Austin" died yesterday. I thought he died when he stopped appearing on the show.

And has anyone seen Miguel lately? I wonder if he's even on the show any more.

I'm thinking Miguel is no longer on the show. They never seem to ship Noah off to him anymore.

Is Nikki still living at the ranch? I don't recall seeing her in the act of moving out, even temporarily, and considering how acrimonious her relationship with Victor is these days, surely she's not still there?

And by the way, nice to see you back in the threads, Muduh.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

'Young and Restless' actor dead - CNN.com

'Young and Restless' actor dead

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- British-born actor Michael Evans, who wooed Audrey Hepburn on Broadway in "Gigi" and was the best friend to a billionaire on the soap opera "The Young and the Restless," has died. He was 87.

Evans died September 4 from age-related complications, said his son Nick Evans.

From 1980 to 1995, Evans played Col. Douglas Austin, the friend of billionaire Victor Newman, on CBS's long-running "The Young and the Restless." Newman is played by Eric Braeden, who hailed Evans as "a total professional from the old English school, a gentleman through and through."

Evans made his London stage debut in 1948. In 1950, he came to Broadway for the short-lived play "Ring Round the Moon."

He went on co-star in the 1951 production of "Gigi" as the handsome Parisian who falls in love with young Gigi, played by Audrey Hepburn. The play, which made Hepburn a star, was based on the same novel by the French author Colette that was later turned into a Hollywood musical starring Leslie Caron.

In the late 1950s he played Henry Higgins in a touring production of "My Fair Lady," performing in the United States and abroad, including in Russia at the height of the Cold War.

Evans also appeared on numerous TV shows, including "Dr. Kildare," "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.," "Hunter" and "I Spy," as well as in such films as "Bye Bye Birdie" and "Time After Time."

John Michael Evans was born in 1920 in Sittingbourne, England; his father had been a flier in World War I and his mother a concert violinist. The younger Evans served in the Royal Air Force in World War
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't care for Sharon's hair now. Actually I'm trying to think of what woman on the show does have a good do.

Lately I have also been noticing how funny Sharon's ears are when she pulls her hair behind them!

That outfit Nikki had on today made her look 50 lbs heavier too! Especially noticable when she walked into "the club" and ran into Victor.

I wasn't paying attention towards the end of the show and missed something..... How was it that Jack heard what Brad and Sharon were saying in the other room....something about a kiss..... Jack had a shocked look on his face and then, when he walked into the room, Sharon nervously started talking about Noah. Was there a telephone set to speaker mode or something?

Yes, Brad purposely set the scene up and put the speaker on so Jack could hear everything. Brad is such a scum bucket. What makes him think Sharon would want to be with him when he's trying to sabotage her marriage?

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;2590467;
    Yes, Brad purposely set the scene up and put the speaker on so Jack could hear everything. Brad is such a scum bucket. What makes him think Sharon would want to be with him when he's trying to sabotage her marriage?
    Because Sharon's a mental-midget and doesn't get it that Brad is no friend to her.

As an aside, Sharon has elf-ears... the top part is waaaaay too big. Next time she doesn't have her hair covering her ears, check it out... you'll see what I'm talking about. Ever since my friend pointed this out to me years ago it's been a complete distraction hahahahaha

As another aside, Sharon Case has been gaining weight lately... her upper arms look awful (not that mine look good but I don't make a living based on how I look! LOL LOL LOL)

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2590597;
    Because Sharon's a mental-midget and doesn't get it that Brad is no friend to her.

As an aside, Sharon has elf-ears... the top part is waaaaay too big. Next time she doesn't have her hair covering her ears, check it out... you'll see what I'm talking about. Ever since my friend pointed this out to me years ago it's been a complete distraction hahahahaha

As another aside, Sharon Case has been gaining weight lately... her upper arms look awful (not that mine look good but I don't make a living based on how I look! LOL LOL LOL)
    Oh, and thanks for pointing out the ear abnormality. I will certainly be looking for that today ...and always, no doubt. lol

And MamaC the dress did make Nikki look larger than her normal large look. I've noticed for quite a while that Nikki has fallen victim to the middle age spread. I can surely sympathize with that but apparently the wardrobe person can't, or won't.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2590611;
    And MamaC the dress did make Nikki look larger than her normal large look. I've noticed for quite a while that Nikki has fallen victim to the middle age spread. I can surely sympathize with that but apparently the wardrobe person can't, or won't.
    Jess Walton (Jill Abbott) has the same issue. I can't say anything cuz I sure have it too... but I don't make a living off my looks so it's a different situation here ;-) Usually people in the wardrobe dept are normal sized so I can't figure out why they can't seem to dress anyone besides a size 2... not that they do a hot job with that either! LOL

Oh yeah, def check out Sharon's ears! LOL LOL LOL ... you'll hate me for it afterwards though cuz you'll never be able to NOT notice them again! LOL

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My goodness, but we're awfully critical today.....I can hardly wait to see the show!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread