+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree443Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2507872;
    I've missed a few episodes. Isn't it Jiman that dug up the money?
    I was thinking it was him too.

But Cain did start following her or watching her a bit so it may be him...

I like Jiman, but he's probably the thief. All of a sudden he's being thrust into a big storyline with his engagement to Jill - very suspicious.

Thank God that Phyllis' trial is over - Michael's oratory was making me cringe. There's some Y&R writers who need to be fired, immediately.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Loved the cliffhanger in the show yesterday. Can't wait to see what happens on today's show.

I need someone to refresh my memory about Kevin - since he is thinking now of selling the coffeehouse to get money for Jana's operation.

Didn't he win a lottery a few years back? If so, how much did he win? Was it enough to just really buy the coffeehouse, and maybe his apartment/condo, or was it much, much more?

The reason I am asking is this....if he had won a lot of money, wouldn't he still have some left to pay for Jana's operation without selling the coffeehouse?

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2510109;
    I like Jiman, but he's probably the thief. All of a sudden he's being thrust into a big storyline with his engagement to Jill - very suspicious.

Thank God that Phyllis' trial is over - Michael's oratory was making me cringe. There's some Y&R writers who need to be fired, immediately.
    I must have missed the part about the trial being over. What happened? I know she is "getting away" to a hotel and Nick called about his rights as a father if he thought his wife was "running" and taking the baby. Did they find her guilty? Are they (the jury) in deliberations? I am a little lost on that part of the show.

Great cliffhanger!

Didn't he win a lottery a few years back? If so, how much did he win? Was it enough to just really buy the coffeehouse, and maybe his apartment/condo, or was it much, much more?
    From what I recall the lottery winnings were used to buy the condo and the share he had with Mac in Crimson Lights.

When Mac left town he did buy her out so I assume that he used what was left of the lottery money. He certainly isn't poor right now but his Mama with $50 million is probably where he'll get the money to assist Jana in getting her operation.

The one thing that bugs me about Kevin and Jana is when exactly did he go back to loving her again. One day he wants her dead and the next he's begging everyone he knows to help pay for her surgery because she's really good and the brain tumor is what made her do all of her hateful things. Just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Didn't that winning lottery ticket belong to Michael?

Also want to say that there is something about the "new" Colleen that is bugging me. Not only are they changing that actress too frequently, but there is something about this one's nose and mouth that bug me. Has anyone heard, yet, why the last actress to play Colleen was fired?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

B&B News | Heather Tom Is Latest Y&R Star to Join B&B | The Bold and the Beautiful @ soapcentral.com

Heather Tom Is Latest Y&R Star to Join B&B
    Posted Monday, July 30, 2007 9:35:30 PM

Ten-time Daytime Emmy nominee Heather Tom will join the cast of The Bold and the Beautiful next month. Tom, known for roles on The Young and the Restless and One Life to Live, has already started taping at B&B. The actress earned Emmy wins in 1993 and 1997.

Two-time Emmy winner Heather Tom has returned to daytime television. The actress, perhaps best known as Victoria Newman on CBS's The Young and the Restless, has signed on to appear on Y&R's sister soap, The Bold and the Beautiful.

Though an official statement has yet to be issued, soapcentral.com has learned that Tom has been cast as Katie Logan, Brooke and Donna's younger sister. It's been three years since Katie was last spotted on B&B. Back in 2004, Katie was then played by actress Nancy Sloan.

This will mark the third daytime role for Tom. The actress enjoyed a 12-year run on CBS's top-rated soap, The Young and the Restless as Victoria Newman. During her tenure with Y&R earned eight consecutive Daytime Emmy nominations in the Outstanding Younger Actress category. In 1993 and 1997, Tom took home the Emmy in that category.

In November 2003, Tom exited The Young and the Restless, citing "creative differences" as her reason for bolting. It wasn't the first time that the actress exited the show. She had previously taken a six-month break from Y&R in 1997. One month later, Tom jumped ship to ABC's One Life to Live and assumed the role of Kelly Cramer. Tom expressed excitement over having a chance to relocate to New York and experience life in The Big Apple. Though her stay with One Life to Live lasted just four years, Tom added another two Emmy nominations to her impressive tally. This time around, the actress earned her nods in the Outstanding Supporting Actress field.

Upon leaving One Life to Live in December 2006, Tom expressed a desire to return to Los Angeles, where she had spent her Y&R years and seek out new opportunities. Tom did land a recurring role on the short-lived FOX primetime series, The Wedding Bells.

Meanwhile, daytime vet Amelia Heinle took over the role of Y&R's Victoria in March 2005. Despite rumors last year that Tom would return to Y&R, the show issued a statement indicating that they were pleased with Heinle's work as Victoria and denied rumors that Tom had been asked to return to the show.

Tom has already started work at The Bold and the Beautiful; she reported for work on July 18th. Her stay is expected to be short-term - insiders say she inked a six-month contract. However, as soap fans know anything is possible.

A first airdate for Tom has not yet been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2513581;
    Didn't that winning lottery ticket belong to Michael?

Also want to say that there is something about the "new" Colleen that is bugging me. Not only are they changing that actress too frequently, but there is something about this one's nose and mouth that bug me. Has anyone heard, yet, why the last actress to play Colleen was fired?
    The money did belong to Michael and he gave Kevin some of the winnings.

You are not alone with the new Colleen. I think her mouth looks somewhat like the Joker's smile from Batman. I can't help but look at it whenever she's on.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That is the exact character that came to my mind, too!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Okay, now I remember Michael and Kevin sitting on the sofa discussing the lottery winnings. Guess I got confused as to which one of them actually bought the winning ticket. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Add me to the list of being bugged by the looks of the new Colleen. Hell, the most recent Colleen bugged me too compared to the original Colleen, whom I liked the best. The newest one does have that "Joker" look about her.

Same with Heather Tom as the original Victoria. Amelia bugs me still!

If the original Lily wasn't now back on the show, I would be adding her replacement to the list as well.

I wasn't home to watch today's show, but was able to listen to parts of it in my car (how pathetic is it to listen to Y&R on the car radio if I am out and about??? Don't answer! LOL) I will have to watch it on the soap channel later. Can't wait to see how William's twin and Gloria interract with each other.

As far as Kevin goes, I still wonder why he wasn't readmitted to the hospital after he got Jana to come back to Genoa City. It was like he was pretty touch-and-go there when he was in the hospital and he was in a whole lot of pain when he was holding Jana hostage. Another soap opera miracle I guess. Or did i miss something?

Right now he isn't thinking straight and I think Jana is still playing mind games on him. She's saying the right things to him to make him fall in love with her all over again and that is wearing away at the part of him that wants her to go to the slammer.

I can see two scenarios coming out of this storyline....either he will get the money and be ready to pay for the operation and then it will be found out that there is no brain tumor and she's been faking it. (Maybe Michael will tell him about seeing her practicing saying 'I love you Kevin' over and over again)And Kevin will be all bent out of shape for allowing himself to be taken in by her again. Or, if she really does have a tumor, he will pay for the operation and it will be a success, she will be tried and found not guilty by reason of mental defect or whatever. Kevin will then think that there will be a chance for them getting back together, he will have forgiven her for trying to kill him and Colleen and she will flee in the night.....hey, maybe with Adrian!.....and break Kevin's heart once again. Either way, Kevin looks like he is setting himself up for another heartbreak.

+ Reply to Thread