+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2481789;
    No, William just slumped over and died, shortly after coming back from the hospital, where he was diagnosed with pneumonia. Gloria had gone to get him a pillow to make him more comfortable, and when she returned ....he was "outta there".

I actually thought that Michael was thinking about doing him in right before he got sick, and Michael came to his senses and called -911.
    Yeah and I noticed that, even though Gloria went off to get a pillow, when she returned to the living room, she didn't have a pillow!

And now that he is gone, I often thought how it would have been to have his storyline play out with Joan Van Ark, when she played Gloria for a few months before this Gloria came on board.

Valene & Gary....take two!! LOL

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, I didn't even notice that she didn't have a pillow!!

I think I'm happy for her about the $50M inheritance, but you know it can't go smoothly. That sure is a heck of a return on a little bitty investment, though. There's bound to be an intense investigation! The only thing she really did wrong was vamp him/marry him for his money. I wasn't mad at her....you can love whom you think is a rich man as easily as you can marry whom you know is a poor man!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Exactly!

I can see her dreaming up how she will be spending/using this newly found fortune and then.....BAM!.....something will happen that will put it all in jeopardy.

What is up with Victor these days? He has had his head up his butt ever since returning from his quest to find Victor, Jr. He has no clue as to just how much Nikki needed him when they all thought Nick was dead. He wasn't there for her when she needed him most. Instead of thinking about that and, yes, apologizing to Nikki about his lapse in judgement, all he can think about is how PO'd he is that she was caught kissing David. Get over it!

Oh well, at least Nick finally shaved off all that facial growth!

FORT Fogey

I thought they already knew that William's inhertaince was nothing but a failed business riddled with debt from his uncle.

I don't think Gloria knew that until after she married William, did she?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

She didn't know. It was after she was married to him that she found out his inheritance was nothing but debts. However after he died Michael opened a letter from his lawyer and it read that the courts had sided with William's uncle and that William was now worth $50million. So now Glo's rich.

Yeah, that was another poorly executed storyline.

Before Gloria got her hooks into William, she knew (or thought) that he came from money (I think he inherited the uncle's business).

It wasn't until William was in the hospital after his stroke, that Gloria and her boys found out that the uncle's business was in financial ruin. They were looking into paying for William's rehab when they found out he was not wealthy.

Of course, as a DA, he would have had insurance to cover some, if not all, the costs of rehab! And if he was on Gloria's health benefits, since they were married, he would also be covered under her policy. Well, that's how it works in the real world, maybe not in soap world.

I missed most of the week and finally caught up last night on Soap. About this new DA, Paul's daughter...I find her too young and baby-faced to take her seriously in that role. She just doesn't "look" the part to me. Extreme Catwalk model, yes. Lauren's boutique, yes. Coffee house waitress, yes. The district attorney, no.

Looks like somebody concentrated on college and law school, instead of coming out of high school and getting a job! At least that's "my" storyline behind her youth! And she was really smart, so she got out of high school early and got mega-money in scholarships! In other words, she lived my fantasy life!! And she has good genetics which helps her be a babyface! Who is her mother, anyway??

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2485512;
    Looks like somebody concentrated on college and law school, instead of coming out of high school and getting a job! At least that's "my" storyline behind her youth! And she was really smart, so she got out of high school early and got mega-money in scholarships! In other words, she lived my fantasy life!! And she has good genetics which helps her be a babyface! Who is her mother, anyway??
    Her mother is April Stevens a former girlfriend from back in the 80's. A few years ago April came to town telling Paul that she was being physically abused by her then husband and paul helped her out somehow. Heather grew up believing April's husband was her father and Paul nor April told her differently. She believes Paul is a family friend

+ Reply to Thread