+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree396Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

I loved when he was disgusted with Phyllis. I did, however, find it unbelievable that they (1)they let Phyllis in there without first warning her; and (2)that she would just lean over and start kissing Nick that way.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I was laughing when he called for Sharon to get Phyllis out of there. I actually like Phyllis but it's karma.

FORT Fogey

It was sadly funny. Strange how Nick couldn't stand Phyllis perviously but now are married. Most people who have affairs at least like the person in some capacity before they hooked up but it's like a 180 with him. That just show the sillyness of soap operas some times. Nick/Phyllis have physical chemistry, they both are gorgeous but from a character stand point I always thought it was strange that Nick chose Phyllis and married her twice. I understand the baby but they don't have any common outlook or character or value traits. They both have a sense of humor but Phyllis is more manic in her humor and Nick is more sophiscated in that department. I guess, Logan is going to be the new thorn in Phyllis side until Nick remembers.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2453818;
    Well, come to think of it...they haven't, really.

Am I the only one taking evil pleasure that Nick thinks he should be married to Sharon and is apparently disgusted by Phyllis?
    Not on this board or so it seems but I think it's heartbreaking. I like Nick & Phyllis together so this storyline is not a fave of mine.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

FORT Fogey

I think the story line is totally out of whack. I can understand Nick not remembering but today he went so far to say Phyllis isn't his type and can't fathom how they fell in love. I think that is a low blow. On some subconscious physical chemical level Nick has to have found Phyllis attractive. And the same would hold true with his memory loss. This whole disgusted thing doesn't make sense with their history and the affair they had.

FORT Fan

I love the story line and totally want nick & sharon back together!!

FORT Fogey

Sharon next husband will be Brad before Nick.

I think - and this is a stretch - that the writers are trying to draw some kind of parallel between the current Nikki/Victor blowup and the fact that Cassie's death put the nail in the coffin of Nick & Sharon's marriage. Victor leaves town (and Nikki) abruptly after Nick's death. Nikki turns to David. After Cassie died, Nick and Sharon grow apart - she turns to Brad, and Nick begins the affair with Phyllis. Now, Nick has conveniently lost his memory and is again grieving for Cassie. Sharon is the one who shares his grief, and this is one of the things that will bring them together once again. (I don't know this, I'm speculating. And spending too much time thinking about it. )

My guess is that this is some kind of grand design to bring all the star-crossed couples together eventually - Nikki & Victor (AGAIN), Nick & Sharon, Jack & Phyllis. I can only guess what will happen to poor Brad. He's run through pretty much all of Genoa City's available (and un-available) women. Maybe Gloria will get her hooks in him one day.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

These storylines have shown me just how much I am not that tickled with the writers who seemed to have been hired since Mr. Bell's death. Nothing has been right since then, and I know that Mr. Bell really was not in the loop for quite a while before he died from Alzheimer's complications.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2453831;
    I loved when he was disgusted with Phyllis. I did, however, find it unbelievable that they (1)they let Phyllis in there without first warning her; and (2)that she would just lean over and start kissing Nick that way.
    I couldn't believe they didn't warn her either. That was just wrong.

Must be very strange for him to see that he and Jack switched spouses.

+ Reply to Thread