+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

Simpsons

Anyone catch it last night?
    The opening sequence (what we call "the couch" in my house) had the Simpsons "Jumping the shark"

Loved Homer in Taxicab Confessions.

Loved the song about the girl wondering if teachers would have enough chalk... especially funny because my daughter bought some chalk for her teacher who was running out and had started using the huge sidewalk chalk!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Last night's episode was hilarious. I really laughed out loud about one of the scenes, and now I can't even remember which one. I said to my wife "how can they still make us laugh like this after 14 years???"

It's amazing that the Simpsons is still doing it, and doing it right, after all these years. It's STILL one of the top 5 comedies on TV.

It is amazing John. They have BY FAR the best writers out there.
    The fact that they can make me laugh out loud at some truly serious issues of our times is incredible.

It's been said that the key to the writing in the Simpsons is that it constantly has two comedy approaches. One is the traditional slap stick and low brow method, and the other is very high end intellectual references and humor.

It is their ability to meld all of that together that keeps it funny.

Here's a great Simpson's site: http://www.snpp.com/
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Princess
    I'm so relieved.... I thought I was the only adult who liked The Simpsons, and I've been so embarrassed for watching it!

Oh My Modesty!
    EVERYONE loves the Simpsons

well, all intelligent people anyway

The Simpsons and Seinfeld rank as my two favorite tv shows of all time.

One of my favorite Simpsons quotes was when they did a behind the scenes of the Simpsons parody, and some asked the narrator if they ever thought of doing a live show.

He (Phil Hartmann's Troy McClure) kind of chuckles and says something like, "yes we considered it, but the strain on the animators hands would be to great..."

For some reason that just cracks me up...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

11-17-02 Tonight at 8pm
    All new Simpsons:
    Bart gets held back...Will the 3rd grade be big enough for two Simpsons?

Last night as the Simosons were watching TV on their new Dish (funny stuff getting the idsh too)
    They were watching ANIMAL SURVIVOR
    A bunch on animals are at tribal council and Jeff says "So, rhino you lost the tribes fishing gear", then says "and the alliance between the gazelle and the lion has taken an ugly turn" Flash to lion eating gazelle!

I have no idea if that is going to read as funny as it was

Princess
    Cali - it did!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast