+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

12-01-02 This was the funniest Simpsons I've seen in a long time. They managed to make fun of so many things! I was laughing the entire time.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Unlike other comedy shows this one seems to get funnier the longer it airs.I was cracking up last night.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

They poked fun at :
    Hockey
    King of the Hill
    ALL reality shows
    Law and Order (Elevator Inspection Unit )
    jeez... there was more. It was so well done. Excellent show

D'oh! If it was on last night, I missed it.

It was a classic John.

The whole reality show spoof had me dying on the floor I hurt so bad from laughing. Homer's plea to the Big Brother type producers on the other side of the glass about the Latte Boy not coming back, then he curls up and cries is just too good!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Princess
    Have you seen that they are selling talking Simpson watches now at BK? "are we there yet - no, are we there yet - no, are we there yet - no, are we there yet - no,..." is one of them!

Yeah, I had to laugh, because Bart is saying something that he's never said on the show - and I mentioned to my wife that it probably wouldn't have been wise for Burger King to have Bart saying "Don't have a cow, man!" (she understands my subtle attempts at humor)

From Yahoo News

D'oh! British PM Blair Meets Homer Simpson
    Sat Apr 12, 6:54 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

LONDON (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Tony Blair (news - web sites) put aside his concerns about Iraq (news - web sites) for a few minutes to star as an animated version of himself in an episode of cult TV cartoon "The Simpsons (news - Y! TV)," a Downing Street spokesman said on Saturday.

Blair, a longtime fan of the show, spent a short time on Friday recording a few lines of dialogue for a special edition of the hit series in which the dysfunctional yellow cartoon family come to Britain for a holiday.

"The Prime Minister takes every opportunity he can to promote Britain and the script enables him to bang the drum for the tourist industry to a worldwide audience," the spokesman said, adding that the long-planned episode had nothing to do with the war on Iraq.

U.S. citizens make up the largest number of tourists to Britain but visitor numbers have fallen sharply this year because of the war on Iraq and its lead-up.

The series is known for the steady parade of guest celebrities -- including former U.S. President Bill Clinton (news - web sites) and actress Elizabeth Taylor -- who queue up to be lampooned by lending their voices and animated caricatures in guest appearances.

Blair's cartoon alter-ego is depicted with a big cheesy grin and sticky-out ears.

Harry Potter (news - web sites) author J.K. Rowling (news - web sites) and actor Sir Ian McKellen also feature in the British episode.

"The Simpsons," featuring beer-guzzling, doughnut-chomping family man Homer Simpson, his blue-haired wife Marge and kids, Bart, Lisa and Maggie, remains one of the most watched TV shows in the United States and elsewhere around the world after more than 10 years on air.

The show derives much of its humor from sharp-edged social commentary, skewering authority figures and institutions such as politics, education, the medical profession, law enforcement and the entertainment industry

I'm happy he's doing it. I always enjoy it when celebrities and politicos can poke fun at themselves for a few moments. And the Simpsons is a good venue for that.

Me too John.
    I laughed long and hard when Clinton was hitting on Marge!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast