+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Season Premire - The Truth & Other Lies

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy

re: Tivo and Direct TV ... sometimes (not very often) living in Canada sucks!!
    We should just annex you guys and you can become our 51st state!

Chris

Aiight, lessee if I can catch up . . .

Mrpayroll, you brought up a very interesting question. Personally, I believe I agree with you. I was bawling my eyes out when Doc placed his "solution" into Lou's IV, but with him howling in pain as others have described, and his surgeon ticking off the body parts he was going to lose and already lost, there was no hope for the poor man. There are times when "preservation of life" goes too far and you're just nursing a vegetable on a machine.

Otherwise . . .

Guys, give the poor woman a break, eh? I personally don't think her little jibe was over the top. Any one'f us'd probably do the same in the same situation. Although the are some interesting questions concerning his three jobs and her (we don't know), I've been taking a media-literacy class which has been pointing out that television shows do a pretty good job of directing your thoughts.

So pretend for a minute that you weren't super-slueths and see it from the point of view of the wife. She's just lost her husband (actually she had to see him die 'twice,' once as a burn victim, again under Doc's hand, if that makes sense), and -- she's just lost her husband. That'd be enough to make anyone go over the top I'd think.

Here's another interesting point: I think it's true that the PDs and FDs of our nation were sung as wonderful heroes for about a week and then sank back down in the murky zone they've always been in. It's kindah the same with teachers: low pay, not enough respect politically . . . But that's not why any of those guys were there that day; Lou didn't die because he wanted to be a hero. Lou died because he wanted to help. That's all any firefighter or police officer wants to do -- at least initially (Rampart anyone?) -- help people. Ferget the bad pay, the bad publicity, if you really wanna help the people, you get down and do the dirty work.

"Thank you's" are great, but you didn't see New York offering any'f those guys extra pay, did you?

Okay I think I've derailed this topic long enough . . . Carry on. *hem*
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

Great comments Guardian105!

Chris

*chuckles and reddens* I thank you Mrpayroll.

Oh, yeah, and Charlie was accounted for, in speech anyway. Fred asked Emily about him and she said something along the lines of him being with someone, I assume someone in their building.

So he's cool -- for now anyway.

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

LG.
    cool thread, gang. Wow, I can remember when it was just me Ducky, Guardian in this forum. This place is practically crawling with TWits.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    cool thread, gang. Wow, I can remember when it was just me Ducky, Guardian in this forum. This place is practically crawling with TWits.
    Hey I would have been here last year, but I only joined in July because of Last Comic Standing. I've been watching Third Watch since the first episode. I still like the first season the best. I didn't like it as much when they started giving an episode to each character and following them. I like to see the interaction of all of the characters in the same episode. But it still is might fine television.

Chris

I just joined in June for Big Brother and Paradise Hotel..I'm so glad to have found like minded people
    I didnt see the first season of Third Watch, I was the night auditor at a hotel and it was on while I was getting ready for work.. I found it when I was on maternity leave.. my mom watched it.. I came home on a Wednesday and she switched it on.. my husband and I have been hooked ever since.

side note: Bosco looked damned sexy in that leather jacket last night hubba! hubba!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

If you ever have a chance to watch the first season in reruns or if the DVD ever comes out, you won't be disappointed. Some of the most intense drama that you will see on T.V.

Chris

Long live the new TWits! Whoo-hoo!

Yeah I remember when it was just the little triad'f me, Ducky, and LG, way over at that "dark place." Scary times.

But we survived! Now we have this really cool FORT (I absolutely love how that acronym turned out), and new friends, and new Character to harass! Much yayness!

I don't think there's been an episode of Third Watch where I haven't been moved to tears. It's such a great show, better'n all the others I watch (those being CSI, Law & Order, and Boomtown). Greatest Character development I've ever seen.

Well, except for NBC's little snafu about not closing up Ty's relationship with poor Taylor . . . But it looks like they're starting to make up for that.

I'll bet poor Ty's gonna hit the drink next, and it'll be Sully's turn to take him to an intervention.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I will first say that I was annoyed to see Cruz in the beginning credits. It means she's here to stay. Yuck.

It was a very intense episode - but I'm wondering if what Doc did will go away or will there be some sort of inquiry? The Lieutenant was in a bad way, I'm not sure they just don't let it go.

Kim needs to get a good storyline. The end.

Fred is getting better and better, but from next week's scenes, the whole "I can't feel my legs" is getting too dramatic.

What was up with Ty? He had a weird attitude about Alex dying.

Good first episode - and I know they're going to be focusing more on the cops, but I like all 3 stories - the EMTs and the Firefighters could have some great stories.

And my favorite character actor was there - he's a fireman who is never really in any stories, just the background, but for some reason I just love him! I feel complete when I see him (they showed him when Jimmy arrived at the hospital). He's on FDNY in real life.

Okay then - on to next week

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast