+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Season Premire - The Truth & Other Lies

Well this was a pretty powerful episode! When I was younger, I was totally against helping someone else die. But as I have gotten older and have felt the pain in my own body (nowhere near as bad as the captain last night), I have changed my views.

So how do people feel about Doc helping the captain out of his pain? I agreed 100%, since there was little chance he was going to survive. And even if he did, he would have a life of intense pain and continuing operations. They say there is no worse pain than being burned.

Though I have to say that his wifes reaction outside his room was a little over the top. I know she was very distressed, but if we follow her line of thinking that the firemen are not heros and that they are wasting their time, then there would be no fireman in the world to help others that need it. The Police & Firemen & EMT's are heros in our world and need to be recognized as that. Sure they are always in the line of danger, but their profession is a noble one.

I liked Freds reaction to what happened to his wife. Bosco deserved that punch and a lot more. But he's still my favorite character on the show. And those FBI agents are scum. It looks like everyone is going to come out of this keeping their jobs.

And hey LG, sorry but it looks like Cruz is a permanent member of the cast, if you saw the credits at the beginning. But it's great to have someone else to despise! ... who's nice to look at!

Chris

OK, so what happened?

My STUPID VCR that I HATE only taped the first, like, 15 minutes.

LG.
    Ok ducky, here goes . . .

They start out with some schmaltzy ER type scene with internal paddle heart shocking, which I don't think was actually Faith, given their later description of having a bullet near her spine and a collapsed lung, neither of which would screw up her heart like that because people hardly ever survive once you start shocking them like that. We know that Faith is in rough shape.

Also in rough shape, the fire-fighter boss dude (Johnson?, I dunno), the guy who got burned at the same time that poor Alex got blown to bits. He's covered in burns and howling in agony. More overly gory details, they tell us he's lost an eye, has burns over more than half his body, he'll like die from an infection (many serious burn victims do), but even though he's in an insane amount of pain they can't give him any more morphine because it would probably kill him. The firefighter guy's wife shows up and makes some stupid speech about how her kids' dad is now a monster, and it's way OTT and a bunch of crap about how they aren't heros. Whatever, crazy bitch, she hops in the helicopter with Doc to fly burned guy to a better hospital, but this guy begs Doc to relieve his pain, so Doc ups the morphine and the guy dies. Expect an inquiry.

Kim and Ty drive Alex' mom home. While they're out, a reporter asks Carlos if he can confirm that the writer (tom Berringer's character?) is dead, shot by the police. Carlos doesn't know it, but in fact the writer is dead, and Bosco shot him in the whole end of the season standoff. Cruz shot Faith and Faith shot Cruz, but Faith didn't get her good enough as she hit her head and gave her a concussion, but didn't lobotomize her so she isn't such a raging bitch. Damn. Bosco is distraught and trying to find out Faith's status. Fred knows (because Faith was saying "Bosco" when they hauled her off for surgery) that he'd gotten her into this trouble, so when Bosco comes down the hallway Fred beats the crap out of his punkass (luscious as it is) for jeopardizing his wife. Fred threatens to kill Bosco if he ever gets near his family again. Fred is in "a mood" and Emily is sulking around the hallways, but nobody apparently called Charlie as he's nowhere to be seen. Sorry Charlie.

Carlos goes to the morgue to see if the reporters were right about the writer, and sure enough, dead Tom Berringer. He calls Ty and tell him to keep Kim away from the reporters so she doesn't find out about the writer / her current squeeze, from them. Ty brings Kim back to Carlos and they tell her about whatshisname, and she's blue. Poor Kim. As if that wasn't bad enough, Jimmy shows up and tells Kim that the firefighter boss guy is dead. Kim is so damn distraught, she kisses the human boob that is Jimmy. *hands Ducky clorox*

The sarge cop dude is trying to figure out what the hell happened with Bos and Faith and figures out from Bos that he got Faith into trouble and the boss tells Sully to stay with Bos and take him back to "the house". On the way to the station, the FBI pulls over Sully and tells him to hand over Bosco, and Bosco wants to go with them. Sully shrugs, glad to be free of his terrible Russian mafia plotline, and leave Bos with them, who threaten Bos into not exposing Cruz as a bad cop as she's "an operative" and he seems to go along with that, but I'm sure it will be some moral delimma for Bosco to later come forward and put himself at risk to make sure Faith doesn't get heat for shooting Cruz, when we all know that the bitch deserved it.

Did that catch you up?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Well I will try to remember the important parts. You see Bosco washing the blood off his hand and telling the Lieutenant that it's 'all on me'. We see Fred running thru the streets and when he gets to the hospital, no one will tell him what has happened to Faith. He gets pissed and throws down one of the those hospital thingys on wheels that carry blood and plasma. She's still unconcious and it doesn't look good for her, since the bullet punctured her lung and didn't exit the body. It stopped right before her spine, bruising it. The doctor operates and tells Fred and their daughter Emily that it was a success, but they had to leave the bullet in there, saying that it should not cause any problems in the future. Bosco goes up to see Faith, against the advice Sully and Fred sees him and attacks him, slaming him against the hall window breaking it and then punches him out. Skipp tells Fred to cool it or he will be spending the night in jail. Bosco's got a nice bruise on his face, but he knows that he deserved that and more.

Let see, Kim trys calling her boyfriend the writer/drug addict, but he does not answer, cause he's been shot and killed by Bosco. So she see's Alex blown up, see's her captain burned really bad and then finds out he's dead (Doc mercifully kills him with drugs) and also finds out her boyfriend is dead also. A good day for her. I was hoping she wasn't going to start crying like she did when Bobby died, because if you remember that had to be the worse 'cry' acting that I have seen. And many others made that comment back in 2001.

We find out that Sgt. Cruz (new regular cast member) was shot in the head, but only grazed, so she's okay in the hospital. She won't talk to the lieutenant about what happened. She's visited by 2 FBI guys and we find out she's been working with them to bust that biker dude from last season, but this shootout may have blown her cover. She says that she can still bust him if they give her the chance. They say, no more chances.

While Sully & Ty are taking Bosco home, after he got beaten up by Fred, the FBI pulls the squad car over and they want to talk to Bosco. So he finds out about Cruz working with the FBI, who tell him to keep his mouth shut and they will fix everything and he will continue being a cop like before (kinda lame story line - everythings going to be okay).

There were other things that happened, but these were the most important parts. Sorry it sounds so jumbled, but I'm at work, working on my memory from last nights show.

Hey duckgirl, it's time to get a Tivo!

Chris

Damn all that time spent and LG beat me to it!

Well you can piece together the story from both posts. I'm sure LG is a better writer than I am, but I bet I have more Tivo's than LG does!

Chris

Hey, I live in CAnada, and would buy a Tivo if I could. :shakesfist

Thanks for your help, you two.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    Also in rough shape, the fire-fighter boss dude (Johnson?, I dunno), the guy who got burned at the same time that poor Alex got blown to bits. He's covered in burns and howling in agony. More overly gory details, they tell us he's lost an eye, has burns over more than half his body, he'll like die from an infection (many serious burn victims do), but even though he's in an insane amount of pain they can't give him any more morphine because it would probably kill him. The firefighter guy's wife shows up and makes some stupid speech about how her kids' dad is now a monster, and it's way OTT and a bunch of crap about how they aren't heros. Whatever, crazy bitch, she hops in the helicopter with Doc to fly burned guy to a better hospital, but this guy begs Doc to relieve his pain, so Doc ups the morphine and the guy dies. Expect an inquiry.

Man I agree with this part. Boo Hoo her and her 'hero' firefighting husband getting all burned up. It's all about her and her kids. What about all of the people that he has saved in his lifetime. They should be proud of him and his career and working 3 jobs to get the kids thru school. She had 20 or 30 good years with him, so she should be happy. Cause if you had seen her, she was lucky to get a living, breathing human male!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    Hey, I live in CAnada, and would buy a Tivo if I could. :shakesfist

Thanks for your help, you two.
    Ooops, sorry! I never like to put down the less fortunate! What's up with Canada and no Directv and no Tivo?

Chris

We have Bell ExpressVu which I think is supposed to be like that, but talk to Eny about Bell if you get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    Cause if you had seen her, she was lucky to get a living, breathing human male! Chris
    LMAO! thats what I was thinking too! And also .. why is he working 3 jobs? what the hell are you doing to contribute?? I'm a stay at home mom with a 60 hour a week job.. if I can do it, so can she. I'll be damned if I would send my husband out to work and I sat at home .. but enough of that rant..

All I could think of when I saw that actress was: Omg she looks like the Wicked Witch of the West (Margaret Hamilton).. seriously.. put green face makeup and a black pointy hat on her and *poof* we aren't in Kansas anymore.

re: Tivo and Direct TV ... sometimes (not very often) living in Canada sucks!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast