+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goran Visnjic

Goran Visnjic

Luka Kovac

From the official site:

Goran Visnjic joined the cast of NBC’s “ER” in 1999, playing the role of Dr. Luka Kovac, a Croatian doctor who immigrated to the United States after the violent deaths of his wife and children.

Visnjic grew up in Sibenik, Croatia, a port town on the Adriatic Sea, where he decided at an early age that he wanted to be an actor. He first performed in local theater groups and then entered the Academy of Dramatic Arts in Zagreb. He gained popularity in Croatia when, at the age of 21, he was cast as Hamlet in the prestigious Dubrovnik Summer Festival’s staging of Shakespeare’s play. The production received rave reviews, with Visnjic’s own performance earning him three national Best Actor awards, including an Orlando (the Croatian equivalent of a Tony).

Visnjic’s additional theater credits include “Les Fourberies de Scapin,” “L’Ecole des Femmes,” “Miss Julie,” “Ivanov,” “The Brothers Karamazov” and “Le Baruffe Chiozotte.”

During his recent summer hiatus, Visnjic completed the independent film “The Deep End” directed by Scott McGhee, in which he starred opposite Tilda Swinton. He appeared with Heather Graham in Miramax 2000 film “Committed,” which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, and will star in the upcoming independent film “Doctor Sleep.”

Among Visnjic’s other film credits are “Practical Magic,” in which he starred alongside Nicole Kidman, and “The Peacemaker” also with Kidman and former “ER” star George Clooney.

Visnjic also starred in three Croatian features, and made his American motion-picture debut in the critically acclaimed drama, “Welcome to Sarajevo,” directed by Michael Winterbottom.

In his leisure time, Visnjic enjoys fencing, swimming and diving. He lives in Los Angeles with his wife, Ivana, and his birthday is September 9.

I didn't really warm to him at first, but I am starting to like his character.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I hardly ever watch ER, but I just think this guy is a cutie
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I Luka
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I hope Luka actually gets to do something this season or else I think Goran is going to go the way of the Erik- be the really hot guy that leaves because he never gets any plotline. *sigh* I really really really miss Malucci.

Hmmm, I really don't find him remotely attractive.

Look at the length of his eyebrows!!!
    "That's Numberwang!"

OMG, I never noticed that before!

Ah, I'd still do him. He was looking mighty fine in the first episode.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.

Ugh, what's he dpoing picking up a hooker in a bar.
    I hardly think he needs to go to those lengths.

I really hope they aren't going to give him some Michael Douglas style sex addiction, or have him get some strain of clap from the prostitute.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well things only get worse from here. Let me know if you'd like some spoilers.

It might be a matter of hitting rock bottom before he turns around. Although with the prosititute... you don't necessarily pay the woman for sex.. but to go away.

Maybe that's what was attractive to him.

wow! no one has touched this thread in a long time... hmm...
    anyway, i really liked luka from the beginning, but now he's just a neurotic mess. he should've never let abby go - and, i think he knows it.

spoilers, miss f??? if you have any, i would love them...
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast