+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Coupling

I say stick with the American version of Coupling....but do a little re-casting. I think Jeff(?) is terrible! Actually, I think all 3 guys are terrible. How about a little depth? Ever hear of comedic TIMING guys?? Watching these guys is worse than watching a first year acting class.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiomobprincess
    I can't believe they're taking Coupling off for the next couple of weeks and replacing it with one of the WORST shows on TV right now. I can't stand Whoopi Goldberg and every movie she has been in. Who is SHE sleeping with to get this much air time?? LOL
    I am beyond hurt! You don't have to like everything she's been in, but I've never met anyone who didn't at least like Sister Act. I loved her in Rat Race too, but I just think she's hilarious! And I love her show too. Last week, the one they replayed in Coupling's time slot was hysterical! I'm glad they did that cause I missed it on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    I am beyond hurt! I've never met anyone who didn't at least like Sister Act.
    nice to meet you.

now you have.

hey - here's some trivia for you? anyone know what good ole' whoopi did before she became an "actress"?
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

You don't like Sister Act either? Wow . . . this is a bit of thread-jacking, but go ahead, what did Whoopi do before becoming an actress?

sorry - didn't mean to jack. but, i find it rather amusing. she did hair and makeup for dead people.

and... i really like coupling. (now we're back on course.)
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Hmm, didn't know that.

Me too. I almost considered buying the Season 1 DVD of the British Coupling while the American one was still fresh in my mind to compare them, but then I didn't, so there ya go.

I only saw a couple of minutes of this show, and I've never seen the British version, but from what I saw, I thought this show was terrible. I agree with the rest of you who said that bad acting and poor timing are the main issues. It sounded to me like the actors were trying to deliver the lines in a manner that was a mix between Seinfeld and Friends. (Particularly in the 'the pause became a silent third party in the conversation' bit).
    The whole thing just seemed really contrived to me. I'm sure that the British version is better.
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    My sentiments exactly. It just won't be the same without the British accents and humo(u)r.
    In all fairness it took watching Trading Spaces a number of times before I quit comparing it to BBC's Changing Rooms because it was so much the same down to the way the host crossed her arms when they exchanged house keys. Now I love both shows. Coupling is different. I watched a few minutes of the first show/pilot and just hated it. I just love the characters on the BBC version of Coupling and really just don't even want to watch the American version. It's really too bad because all the actors on NBC are fine...nothing wrong with them at all. It would be like a new actor trying to come in and take Ted Danson place as Sam Malone. Can't be done.

I havent seen the British one... but the American one really is terrible. I watched the first episode and I thought the acting sucked and the actors didn't seem to mesh well. They all don't seem to have the special connection like the Friends cast does. But I'm not a producer or director so what do i know? So, I thought I would give it a try the second show.... but it was even worse. I didnt like the first season of Friends and didn't finish the season but when they went into the second season it seemed to get wayyy better.. so I decided I wont be watching coupling anymore... but if they make it to a second season I will probably try it again.
    "One of the most difficult things in the world is to convince a woman that even a bargain costs money."
    -Edgar Watson Howe

Now the funny thing is....last nights show was actually funny. And I wasn't bugged so much by the acting. Maybe they finally got their chemistry as a troupe.

The even funnier thing is that NBC has basically cancelled the show! They finally show the funny episode, and now its cancelled!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast