+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Angel

I am dissapointed but not surprised. The last two years on this show have not been the best that Joss has done. The characters got stale and the shift this year was not as good as it could have been. Spike was a great addition but not enough to salvage the bad characters and acting of Gunn, Fred and Wesley. IMO Gunn and Fred should never have been main characters. Joss tried too hard to recapture the Buffy magic and all he got were pale imitations. Wesley was at his best when he stole Conner and he was in love with Lyla ( I loved that he infiltrated Wolfram to tear up her contract ). It is time for Joss to pass the torch he so ably carried.
    From Gene Roddenberry to Chris Carter to Joss Whedon. People who took old ideas, made them new, made us love what they did and then moved on for the next great old-new idea.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

This last episode was awesome. Angel was hilarious as a little puppet. He tried to be all serious at one point with his monologue in front of Nina's cage. I just cracked up. He really meant it, but that puppet face saying it...funny stuff. But, the whole Smile Time concept was creepy. Those kids had those creepy smiles on their faces. That master puppet was really messed up.

I'm so glad Fred and Wes kissed. It's about time!!!!!! It's been like 2 years of desire and hope. But, next week's trailers...oh no...whatever's gonna happen is gonna make me so sad and pissed.

Also, I read an article saying that Joss and 20th Century Fox are trying to check out other networks for a 6th season. I hope it gets picked up somewhere...

WB Press Release 02.18.2004

Cancelled!!!

IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT ANGEL
    A statement from The WB:
    For the last seven years Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer have been cornerstones of our network. The sum total of the work done on those shows has produced some of the proudest moments in our history. Like some of the great series that are leaving the air this year, including Frasier and Friends, the cast, crew, writers and producers of Angel deserve to be able to wrap up the series in a way befitting a classic television series and that is why we went to Joss to let him know that this would be the last year of the series on The WB. We have discussed continuing the Angel legacy with special movie events next year, which is still on the table. In a perfect world, all of these details would be completed before this information went to the press so that we could be definitive about the show's ongoing future. But in any case, we did not want to contemplate this being the last year of Angel without giving the show the option of crafting their own destiny for this character and for this series. David Boreanaz continues to be one of the finest, classiest and friendliest actors we have had the pleasure to work with and we hope that the relationship furthers from here. The same can be said for all the actors and producers on the show.
    Source: http://www.thewb.com/PressRelease/In...156980,00.html
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

But hope springs eternal...

Some more news from TV Guide Online:
    HIGH STAKES
    Angel fans may be deeply divided as to whether or not a certain slayer should play a part in the show's series finale in May, but exec producer Joss Whedon isn't: He wants Sarah Michelle Gellar back. "We'll put out some feelers [again] to see if there's some interest there," he told TV Guide Online last night. "We'd certainly love to have her." But Gellar nixed an earlier offer to guest-star on Angel this season and Whedon says he isn't "banking" on her changing her mind. Still, we had to ask: If the Chosen One were to reappear in the Buffyverse, which of her undead loves would she be returning for Spike or Angel? "You think I'm going to tell you that? I'm not going to tell you that," Whedon says. "If she were to come back it would be to answer that question."
    MORE HIGH STAKES
    In other Angel news, rumors that the axed WB drama could follow in Buffy the Vampire Slayer's footsteps and put down stakes at rival network UPN are just that rumors. "We've talked about the possibility," Whedon says, "but it's a long shot." A UPN spokeswoman had no comment, but an Angel insider confirms that execs at Twentieth Century Fox (Angel's producer) are putting together a proposal for UPN.
    Source: http://entertainment.iwon.com/celebg...18_2004.html#2
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Angel cancelled? It's just gotten really good again!

I'll have to take a moment to collect myself.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I hearby promise to NEVER watch another show on the WB as long as I live!

But what will I do without my weekly dose of Spike

According to Sci Fi Wire:

Angel Doubtful For UPN

Joss Whedon, co-creator of The WB's canceled vampire series Angel, told TV Guide Online that he doubts the series could move to UPN next year, much as its predecessor show Buffy the Vampire Slayer did after the frog network staked it. "We've talked about the possibility, but it's a long shot," Whedon told the site. A UPN spokeswoman had no comment for TV Guide, but an Angel insider told the site that executives at Angel's production studio Twentieth Century Fox are putting together a proposal for UPN.

Whedon, meanwhile, reiterated that he'd love to have Buffy star Sarah Michelle Gellar make a guest appearance in the Angel series finale, though Gellar has already said she's not interested in appearing on Angel this season. "We'll put out some feelers [again] to see if there's some interest there," Whedon told the site. "We'd certainly love to have her." Gellar is currently in Tokyo shooting The Grudge, a supernatural horror film.

I want SO badly for Angel to be picked up by another network. I can't imagine life without it! Plus, I bet the 6th season would be really good. Oh, info about next week's episode...

"A Hole in the World"
    When Fred (Amy Acker) opens up an ancient sarcophagus that was anonymously sent to her, she is infected by a mysterious, parasitic demon called Illyria. When Angel (David Boreanaz) and Spike (James Marsters) learn that Illyria is an ancient demon who existed before recorded time, they must return her to the demon burial ground before she kills Fred and thousands of other innocent victims.

I do not have puppet canc KimmiSue's Avatar
    I of course LOVED Smile Time! I can't wait for next week, but I really remember reading somewhere that Fred wasn't leaving the cast so she can't be dying.

Joss has been very vocal to the press lately about trying to get SMG over for the final show....I would bet money however that she will refuse. I so loved the Buffy Angel romance.
    You turned my boss into a frickin puppet!..Gunn

Joss has been very vocal to the press lately about trying to get SMG over for the final show....
    SMG needs to do for David Boreanaz what David Boreanaz did for her.

+ Reply to Thread