+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sharif Atkins

Sharif Atkins

Michael Gallant

From the official site :

Sharif (pronounced “Sha-REEF”) Atkins continues his role as Michael Gallant, a fourth-year medical student who is working his way through medical school on the U.S. Army’s ticket.

Atkins, who joined the regular cast of “ER” last season, describes the character he plays as very confident, eager and passionate about what he does. Excited by the challenge of being a relative newcomer to the seasoned cast of NBC’s powerhouse drama, the young actor readily admits there are parallels between Gallant and himself. “Like him, I’ve entered a new and challenging environment where I am committed to doing my best, so some of the acting you see isn’t acting.”

Born in Pittsburgh, Atkins moved with his family to Chicago when he was 6 years old. His father, a chief public defender, and mother, a museum executive, still reside there; his sister, Makeba Atkins, a mechanical engineer, now lives in Tucson, Arizona. While he remembers his first acting role as a strawberry in a fourth-grade play, he didn’t feel any special commitment to the arts until he participated in a summer theater arts program at nearby Northwestern University.

Atkins later obtained his bachelor of science degree in speech at the prestigious private university in 1997. He remained in Chicago and worked in small stage productions. He also appeared on the locally filmed series “Early Edition,” and in the feature film “Light It Up.”

After moving to Los Angeles, where he crashed on a friend’s couch, Atkins found an agent and began working, landing guest-starring roles on “That’s Life”, “The District,” and “Arliss.” His big break came, however, when he was cast in “The Big Time,” a two-hour pilot for “ER” executive producer John Wells. Sufficiently impressed with the young actor, Wells offered him the new role of Gallant over an arc of episodes early in the 2001-02 season.

Sharif, resides in Los Angeles; his birthday is January 29.

Eh. Lucy will always be my favourite med student. Go away, Token Black Male.

I love Gallant... at least he's one med student whose pants Carter won't try to get into.

Pratt is nothing but a Benton clone.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I like Gallant too, he's super sweet.

Pratt can go.

And I do miss Lucy. The episode where her and Carter were stabbed freaked me out for days.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I love Lucy and I love how she fought for her patient against Romano. Ah, Romano. He had a soft spot for her.

As far as Gallant goes, I'm really glad they had that Breakfast Club episode last season to kind of flesh him out a bit. Same goes with the episode where he was out in the field with Kerry.

And he doesn't have a giant chip on his shoulder that I assumed all black doctors at County were issued.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I like him a lot, very sweet.
    Pratt is not as good a doctor as he thinks he is.
    I always worry about those types as I feel they will end up doing something rash that costs a life.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread