+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day 2; 9am-10am

Day 2; 9am-10am

thickening of the plot recipe tonight. Paula, the new girl in CTU thinks she has bitten off more than she can chew finding out that she is at ground zero.

Kim did well tonight when she fought the husband, but why didn't she just charge him and move the car out of the way when she was blocked in the alley? What the hell was with getting out of the SUV in the first place? Kids now a days!!!!

Why was Mason getting out of the office? Being a counter terrorism office complex, you would think that it would be blast proof. Of course we get to see how lousy security is there next week when Jack and company go waltzing in to blow it up with bombs that have fuses packed too tight.

The reporter could have been detained under the national security act, which is probably what happened considering the last shot of him was him pacing a holding room, and who is Aaron? is he supposed to be Palmers chief of staff? IF so, he sure seems to have his own agenda going on here. Don't be surprised if he has his hand in either of the bombing things, especially CTU.

Best line of the night:
    "You broke his ankle, Jack"
    "He shouldn't have been playing with adults."
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

This season doesn't have the same "punch" as last year, but it's got a good storyline (except for Kim's, of course).

Mason irks me more and more each week. How can a guy who can't keep a promise for more than 3 seconds be in charge of all those people? Next week, I hope he dies slowly and painfully from radiation...

Kim is a frickin' idiot. All she had to do was: 1) Step on the gas and hit the guy, or, failing that, when she gets out, 2) yell for those guys in the van to help her, instead of just running quietly by them. And leaving that kid unattended buried in boxes? Helloooooo!

That guy working for Palmer definitely has another agenda, and I also think he's involved in some way. He REALLY wants Palmer to take some military action, but why?

Re: Day 2; 9am-10am

Originally posted by Ilikai
    thickening of the plot recipe tonight. Paula, the new girl in CTU thinks she has bitten off more than she can chew finding out that she is at ground zero.
    I don't know what is going on with her. But I am digging Tony more and more.

Kim did well tonight when she fought the husband, but why didn't she just charge him and move the car out of the way when she was blocked in the alley? What the hell was with getting out of the SUV in the first place? Kids now a days!!!!
    Arrrrrrrgggggg! I just want to slap her. Yes, she did good in the fight. Took some nasty hits, but held her own, but duh, she's in an SUV, Ili, you are right when you say she could hve just run the heck over the dads car! John, I thought the same thing about asking the guys in the van for help, a young girl and a kid screaming for help and they're being chased by some madman, you'd think someone would have helped without being asked!

Why was Mason getting out of the office? Being a counter terrorism office complex, you would think that it would be blast proof. Of course we get to see how lousy security is there next week when Jack and company go waltzing in to blow it up with bombs that have fuses packed too tight.
    I really thought Mason was running from ground Zero. He saw the probability of the threat being real, then takes off. Love that Tony called him on it. Next week though, it seems like he is in deep crap, deep enough that Johns wish may come true! Because of that I have to think maybe he did have something that NEEDS doing

The reporter could have been detained under the national security act, which is probably what happened considering the last shot of him was him pacing a holding room, and who is Aaron? is he supposed to be Palmers chief of staff? IF so, he sure seems to have his own agenda going on here. Don't be surprised if he has his hand in either of the bombing things, especially CTU.
    Yep, I believe you are right on the reporter deal. I have no clue about Aaron.

Best line of the night:
    "You broke his ankle, Jack"
    "He shouldn't have been playing with adults."
    I laughed so hard, rewound a couple times though, as I couldn't tell what he said, thought he said "Adolphs" the first time
    I pronounce the A in ADULTS "UH" not like a long A at all
    Next week looks good
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I'm right there with y'all on the Kim thing ~ glad she racked him a couple of times, but damn girl, why didn't ya just stay in the car & hit him with it?! And hello? Did not a single one of those construction workers hear the dad going on his wild rant when he was screaming at Kim & the little girl?
    The bomb being at the CTU shocked the crap out of me! And Mason ~ great leadership dude ~ NOT!

And is it just me, or does anyone else find the CONSTANT "background" music annoying? Drives me insane. It is so loud it overpowers the dialogue & I'm constantly asking my husband "what'd he just say?"
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Wow, background music usually drives me insane, but I have to say I don'tr even notice it on 24!
    Weird
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    Cool episode, and I was so digging Jack beating the crap out of that guy who kept trying to ditch him. I couldn't understand "adults" either and asked Mr. LG, but I wasn't paying strict attention to the show because I was actually doing some work while watching. Kim definitely should have stayed in the minivan, idiot, and got the worker guys to help her, like they wouldn't have stepped in when psycho-dad was chasing them. Mr. LG thinks psycho-dad is part of the conspiracy, but I disagreed, saying he was way to irrational to be part of a conspiracy.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

PKeeper
    let me just say:

Kim
    :stupid

And Jack is the master at hand-to-hand combat.

labtech
    My heart was pounding by the end of this show. I couldn't really get into 24 last year but a friend of mine kept me informed about what was going on. This year it is like a different show. It seems like you just start getting into what is going on and the show has ended. I can't wait until next week.

OK, I finally watched the second episode last night (only a week behind, which is pretty good for me), and I'm not sure I'm going to watch the third episode. The Kim plotline is so boring! Run, hide, get found, fight back, run, hide, get found, blah blah blah. And she's such an unbelievable idiot I can't stand to watch her. We were predicting every scene before it happened:

- She pulls into the alleyway. I say, "Wouldn't that suck if he pulled up in front and cut her off?"

- He corners her by the phone. I say, "That would be so cool if she kicks him in the jimmy and takes off running again."

- She leaves the little girl hidden in the boxes. I say, "How horrible that would be if she wasn't there when she got back!"

Ridiculous. I told my wife the only value of Kim's scenes is when her boobs are bouncing around all over the place, and she pointed out that she doesn't even get enjoyment out of that. So you can imagine how annoyed she is with Kim.

I do like Jack undercover. Reminds me of the old Wiseguy series, which was the best undercover TV show in recent memory. And I always enjoy the President. But I need Kim to be killed immediately. Didn't we already see Jack blathering away to CTU on his cell phone that he needs Kim found and protected? I'm getting a serious deja vu here, and it's not necessary.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I told my wife the only value of Kim's scenes is when her boobs are bouncing around all over the place
    Well then, you're REALLY going to like Episode 3, where they did almost a slow-motion "Baywatch" scene, with Kim running right at the camera for a long period of time with the most unsupportive bra that could be found.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast