+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Price is Right

The Price is Right

Is anyone love to watch The Price is Right?

About AMC, I've been a fan of The Price is Right for 25 years since my birthday September 25, 1978.

My favorite pricing games on The Price is Right are..

Plinko
    10 Chances
    Race Game
    Bonkers

Let me remind you that the 32nd year of The Price is Right starts Monday September 22nd.

allmychildren

I don't get to watch it much anymore but I always enjoyed the Price is Right, I always did awful on any game I tried.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Man oh man, I got the ULTIMATE site for TPIR for you.

http://www.tpir.tv/

You'll love it!

Quote Originally Posted by allmychildren
    Is anyone love to watch The Price is Right?

About AMC, I've been a fan of The Price is Right for 25 years since my birthday September 25, 1978.

My favorite pricing games on The Price is Right are..

Plinko
    10 Chances
    Race Game
    Bonkers

Let me remind you that the 32nd year of The Price is Right starts Monday September 22nd.

allmychildren
    “You know this is a one-way street?”
    “I was only going one way!”

FORT Fogey
    I LOVE the price is right. Great show- I love all game shows, but this one, I love his little microphone thingy that people sometimes stumble on. And I love Plinko too! I can't remember any other games at the moment, but I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by corgi
    Man oh man, I got the ULTIMATE site for TPIR for you.

http://www.tpir.tv/

You'll love it!
    I've been to www.tpir.tv before, it was a long time ago. AWSOME WEBSITE!!!

http://www.80stvthemes.com/ is pretty cool too!

Quote Originally Posted by allmychildren
    I've been to www.tpir.tv before, it was a long time ago. AWSOME WEBSITE!!!
    “You know this is a one-way street?”
    “I was only going one way!”

Quote Originally Posted by corgi
    http://www.80stvthemes.com/ is pretty cool too!
    Been there, done that!!! AWSOME theme song...

Sorry I don't have a link to the official announcement on this, but I heard this morning that Bob Barker is retiring from his long-term gig on The Price is Right!

I was so sad to hear this! He has been an incredible host for so long, but he is turning 83 this December and would like to 'retire while he is still young'.

I wonder if they will replace him and if the new host will be as charismatic as Bob. It just won't be the same without him!
    Don't let the small things sweat

FORT Fogey
    As much as I love The Price is Right, I kind of think they shouldn't replace him. I think it would be a more fitting tribute to Bob if CBS were to just say that Bob Barker IS The Price is Right, and they'll stop production of the show. I tend to think that if they don't do that, ratings will go down so much without Bob that it'll end up cancelled in a year. In my perfect world, CBS would go the route that Mr Rogers did when Fred retired, and just keep the show on in that time period and show the re-runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose;2125475;
    Sorry I don't have a link to the official announcement on this, but I heard this morning that Bob Barker is retiring from his long-term gig on The Price is Right!
    Altho I'm not a Price is Right fan, I saw this thread as I was looking at FoRT just now and remembered reading an article at CNN about Bob Barker yesterday, so thought I'd pop in and put a link to that article if it hadn't been posted. Thought it would be of interest to PiR fans:

Bob Barker Says Goodbye to TV After 50 Years

And here's the article itself:

Quote Originally Posted by CNN

After 50 years, Bob Barker to say goodbye to TV
    POSTED: 4:24 p.m. EST, October 31, 2006

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Bob Barker is heading toward his last showcase, his final "Come on down."

The silver-haired daytime-TV icon is retiring in June, he told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

"I will be 83 years old on December 12," he said, "and I've decided to retire while I'm still young."

He'll hang up his microphone after 35 years as the host of "The Price Is Right" and 50 years overall in television.

Though he has been considering retirement for "at least 10 years," Barker said he has so much fun doing the show that he hasn't been able to leave.

"I've gone on and on and on to this ancient age because I've enjoyed it," he said. "I've thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm going to miss it."

Reaching dual milestones, 50 years on TV and 35 with "Price," made this an "appropriate" time to retire, Barker said. Besides, hosting the daily CBS program -- in which contestants chosen from the crowd "come on down" to compete for "showcases" that include trips, appliances and new cars -- is "demanding physically and mentally," he said.

"I'm just reaching the age where the constant effort to be there and do the show physically is a lot for me," he said. "I might be able to do the show another year, but better (to leave) a year too soon than a year too late."

Leslie Moonves, president and CEO of CBS Corporation, said Barker has left an enduring mark on the network, calling his contribution and loyalty "immeasurable."

"We knew this day would come, but that doesn't make it any easier," Moonves said in a statement. "Bob Barker is a daytime legend, an entertainment icon and one of the most beloved television personalities of our time."

Starting on 'Truth or Consequences'
    Barker began his national television career in 1956 as the host of "Truth or Consequences." He first appeared on "Price" on September 4, 1972, and has been the face of the show ever since. (The show was originally called "The New Price Is Right"; the original, which ran in the '50s and '60s, was hosted by Bill Cullen.)

A CBS prime-time special celebrating the show's longevity and Barker's five decades on TV was already under way, a network spokesman said.

To kick off his retirement, Barker said he will "sit down for maybe a couple of weeks and find out what it feels like to be bored." Then he plans to spend time working with animal-rights causes, including his own DJ&T Foundation, founded in memory of his late wife, Dorothy Jo, and mother, Matilda.

He said he'd take on a movie role if the right one came along, but filmmakers, take note: "I refuse to do nude scenes. These Hollywood producers want to capitalize on my obvious sexuality, but I don't want to be just another beautiful body."

Freemantle Media, which owns "Price," has been looking for Barker's replacement for "two or three years," Barker said. And he has some advice for whoever takes the job: learn the show's 80 games backwards and forward.

"The games have to be just like riding a bicycle," Barker said. "Then he will be relaxed enough to have fun with the audience, to get the laughs with his contestants and make the show more than just straight games, to make it a lot of fun."

As for his fans, Barker said he "doesn't have the words" to express his gratitude.

"From the bottom of my heart, I thank the television viewers, because they have made it possible for me to earn a living for 50 years doing something that I thoroughly enjoy. They have invited me into their homes daily for a half a century."

But when it comes to saying his final TV goodbye, Barker said he'll do it the same way he does each day on "Price": "Help control the pet population. Have your pets spayed or neutered."

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast