+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Price is Right

Re: The Price is Right

He was better today. I think he will work out the nervousness. He will be a good host.

He was always a good host on "Who's Line is It Anyway" and "Power of 10". I honestly think he will get better as the weeks and months go on. Its a huge huge huge responsibility trying to fit into Bob Barker's shoes !

FORT Fogey

I used to love Drew, but much like a lot of celebrities that hit the big time they become full of themselves. He has made like three or four money comments on both TPIR and the Power of 10 that really just are not what I have come to expect from him. I think he is letting fame go to his head, and I think he is horrible on TPIR and definitely the show should have been put to retirement with Bob.

I watched TPIR with Drew for the first time today and was sorely disappointed. Since nothing has changed (down to the neutering your pets line at the end), you cannot help but compare Drew to Bob. And he fails miserable to compare.

I was never a big fan of Drew in any case. He seems like a nice person, but he just doesn't cut if for me in anything he's been in. The others always stood out and hid his weaknesses, but now that it's all him, he can't hide.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

"The Price Is Right" is inviting folks to come on down and place an online bid to own a part of TV history. The popular CBS game show has donated six pieces from its set to raise funds for The Paley Center for Media (formerly the Museum of Television & Radio), which are being auctioned off at Charity Folks. The auction ends on Monday, Dec. 17 at 6 p.m. ET, so don't waste time!

The funds will be used by The Paley Center for its programs designed to increase the public's understanding of the media and its growing significance in today's society.

"A number of institutions as well as individuals wanted pieces from this classic, 35-year-old set," said SYD VINNEDGE, executive producer of "The Price is Right." "We think it is fitting that the proceeds of this auction will go to The Paley Center, named after the founder of CBS and one of the giant legends of broadcasting."

The six items in the auction include: Three green door frames with door panels to be signed by former host BOB BARKER, two lightable "The Price is Right" signs and one "Race Drop" canvas used on stage to hide prizes from view.
    If there was the PLINKO set up for grabs, my son would ask for that for Christmas!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Looks like it's been a LONG time since anyone visited this thread.

Daughter and I caught the show today and found they are featuring different celebrities who have charities all this week. Today was Jennie McCarthy for her autism charity. Some one really needs to remind her that she is "miked up" and that her screams of joy are deafening!

Tomorrow (Wednesday) is NEIL PATRICK HARRIS. Thursday is CHRIS DAUGHTRY and Friday is HEIDI KLUM.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Looks like it's been a LONG time since anyone visited this thread.

Daughter and I caught the show today and found they are featuring different celebrities who have charities all this week. Today was Jennie McCarthy for her autism charity. Some one really needs to remind her that she is "miked up" and that her screams of joy are deafening!

Tomorrow (Wednesday) is NEIL PATRICK HARRIS. Thursday is CHRIS DAUGHTRY and Friday is HEIDI KLUM.
    Oh good, I will be home tomorrow to see NPH!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Snoop Dog was on Monday and he was fun. Most contestants won with him.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Snoop Dog was on Monday and he was fun. Most contestants won with him.
    I saw this and I think 5 out of 6 did. And I noticed he was really working with them on guesses and prices etc, he even told the lady where to put the Plinko chip.... today NPH seemed to let the contestant choose and guess.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I love this! Having celebs playing along is new and different. Especially if they are real fans of the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast