+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Price is Right

FORT Fogey

Re: The Price is Right

i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2487502;
    When you think of "The Price Is Right", you automatically think of Bob Barker!
    Yeah, I know, he's retired, he's done, but imo so is the show.
    My God, I was 12 when this show premiered.
    Well, except that Bill Cullen hosted it when it actually premiered (and for 9 whole years after that).

As I've said elsewhere, I find it REALLY odd that CBS didn't let Carey's "Power of 10" show air before they made this decision. People know Carey's approximate style from his various ABC shows, but game shows are different than sitcoms and improv shows.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I am actually liking this choice. I loved "Who's Line" and he was so laid back and funny. I can't wait to see what he does with TPIR!

I think Drew Carey is a good choice for this, but for some reason I think this show will pass on in a year or two without Barker.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

That's great! I thought it was going to be Rosie and the show would fall apart from the word go...

Drew Carey is about as good as you can get, I think.

FORT Newbie

I just hope they tweak the set around and change the entrance of the host so that it fits the new era

I liked Drew Carey in his other ventures....but not so sure he can pull of The Price is Right......He certainly will be quick witted, but will he come off as aloof? ....or even a tad bit goofy?

still, I'm willing to give him a try.....

John O'hurly is doing excellent with Family Feud, thing he would have been perfect for TPIR....but oh well
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Straight from CBS:

"CBS' Emmy Award-winning The Price Is Right, with new host Drew Carey, will have its 36th-season premiere on Monday, Oct. 15. Carey was recently named host of television's long-running game show, succeeding former host Bob Barker, who retired in June after 35 years on the show.

"The new season will start out with some exciting wins, as several contestants make some lucky spins on the big Wheel. Others have the chance to win some of the most expensive cars ever given away on the show, as well as trips to exotic locations and more amazing prizes. In addition, the familiar set has been refreshed to give it an updated look while keeping the recognizable Price Is Right theme and appearance."

Drew Carey's Actual Retail Price Is Revealed Oct. 15 - Today's News: My Take | TVGuide.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2494056;
    I think Drew Carey is a good choice for this, but for some reason I think this show will pass on in a year or two without Barker.
    I agree. POR is not going to last very much longer without Bob Barker. I mean first to lose Rob Roddy (or whatever that announcer guy's name was) and now with BB leaving, it's definitely "jumped the shark" if it's possible for game shows to do that. When Roddy died, it really started to fall apart IMO so without BB as it's host, this show is on the way out. How long has it been on now? 30 something years at least?? It's time for it to go.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Anybody catch Drew's premiere yesterday? I think he seemed nervous, definitely not himself. Hopefully he'll get into the swing of things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast