+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Price is Right

Re: The Price is Right

Oh Lordy. If Mario Lopez takes over, I just might cry.

I'd like to see them bury the hatchet with Dian and Holly and have all the original models back for the last show with Bob.
    I remember when it was on in the afternoon with Match Game.

I thought perhaps they could just start re-showing TPIR from the beginning.
    I think it would be fun to see the old shows!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv;2327479;
    I thought perhaps they could just start re-showing TPIR from the beginning.
    I think it would be fun to see the old shows!
    That would be fun! I remember when the Game Show Network first started up, they showed all the old episodes of Price is Right and a lot of other shows (they still do some, but not as much) and I LOVED it! But it does take away the "play at home" aspect of a show like TPIR. When they're looking for bids on a brand new car, and you're thinking "Oh, I'd say about $12,000" and the actual retail price is ... $1500!!!!!

Ian Ziering Wants Price Is Right Gig; Steines, Newton Are Finalists - Today's News: My Take | TVGuide.com

According to the New York Daily News, 90210/Dancing with the Stars alum Ian Ziering has gotten a callback from The Price Is Right, where he is among the crop of possibles to follow in Bob Barker's shoes. "He was all jittery" upon hearing the good news, a source tells the tab. "He really, really wants it."

The New York Post, meanwhile, hears that ET's Mark Steines and Todd Newton, who have long been in this seemingly endless race, are the two final frontrunners.

It may all come down to whether Nat at the Peach Pit gives Ian a good reference.

Interesting considering his ex-wife was a Barker's beauty

lei
    FORT Fogey

Just noticed this thread. Always been a fan of Bob. Except for as a child with my grandma, or being home sick in bed, I haven't made time to watch TPIR, but I would enjoy seeing the very old shows rerun.

I don't know what they're showing now (recent reruns?) and am curious about who will host. I can kinda picture Ian doing it...

I didn't know he was in the running. I like him, I hope he does well with it.

CBS Makes Right Choice: Drew Carey, Come On Down! - Today's News: My Take | TVGuide.com

CBS Makes Right Choice: Drew Carey, Come On Down!

Let the speculation subside. Funnyman and improv king Drew Carey announced during the taping of Monday night's Late Show with David Letterman that he has been tapped to succeed Bob Barker as the host of The Price Is Right.

"Honestly, it [happened] like 15 minutes ago," Carey tells Dave upon sitting down as a guest. "They called me. It's a done deal. I'm the new host."

Carey's name surfaced as a contender to Barker's throne in mid-June, amid much conflicting buzz naming any number of folks Rosie O'Donnell, Ian Ziering and Mark Steines included as front-runners. Carey has bluntly (and as recently as this past Friday, while speaking to this writer) dismissed such speculation as reckless reportage by the press.

Why the prolonged "We're in talks" stance by Carey? A longtime friend of his tells TV Guide that cutting a deal was "never only about dollars and cents. Drew has a very busy calendar. This was a very, very big move to sign for a show like this; he really wanted
    to think it through."

Carey tells Letterman he is uncertain of when precisely he starts the new gig, but that his girlfriend is already "on the phone with a personal shopper from Bergdorf's." (Psst, the actual retail price for that DVF dress is $399.99.)

When you think of "The Price Is Right", you automatically think of Bob Barker!
    Yeah, I know, he's retired, he's done, but imo so is the show.
    My God, I was 12 when this show premiered. You cannot get a replacement for a show that has this much popularity, appeal and such longevity. It will tank out, disolve (or at least it should or should I say Should have)... this makes as much sense as someone trying to replace Victor Newman on The Young & Restless... no good - can't be done... don't even try it!
    (07/20/07 Eric Braeden got a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame! )
    TPIR will be like a firecracker dud on the 4th of July!
    I will feel like I'm watching the substitute emcee all the time...
    No Can Do! I don't even like the idea.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that others (just might) agree that
    this show needed to go with BOB... be done, The End...
    some things are better left alone! God, if I could only practice what I preach!
    Last edited by BoBoFan; 07-23-2007 at 10:26 PM.

And the new face of TPIR is......

Drew Carey!

A pretty good fit I guess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast