+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Obscure TV Show?

I originally misread your post, Shayla, and thought you said they were fishing for squid AND Dennis Hopper. That would be really funny, fishing for specific celebrities.

"Today we'll be fishing for Tina Yothers. We're not hopeful, but it's worth a shot."
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Paulie! I originally misread it as well, but a little bit differently. I was picturing Dennis Hopper as the bait. "Here's a tip for our newer viewers: largemouth bass, unlike their human predators, *loved* the movie 'Waterworld', making Mr. Hopper a most excellent bait."

If I caught Tina Yothers, I'd throw her back in.

ajg! There appear to be a number of untapped possibilities here for new fishing shows.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    My favorite shows always get cancelled...

1. Action

2. House of Bugging

3. RObberyHomicide

But i also love ...The Wire on HBO...great show...
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Did anyone here ever watch Roswell? It was on for several seasons. I always thought of it as X-files meets Dawson's Creek. Loved it and hated to see it go...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Roswell was awesome. That show had a lot going for it and great talent. It makes you not want to get into a TV show because you don't know if it will last long enough to be worth it.

Speaking of sci-fi/aliens, well, this is a movie, but I saw it on TV years ago: Did anyone see They Live (or something like that) where this guy discovers a special pair of sunglasses that let him see that people around him are all aliens? I would love to track that down for a laugh.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Newbie
    I watched Theives with my parents. Every episode until it got cut. I thought it was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Did anyone here ever watch Roswell? It was on for several seasons. I always thought of it as X-files meets Dawson's Creek. Loved it and hated to see it go...
    I loved Rosewell! It was such a good show. I really miss it.
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

CarmenProof
    One show I remember watching was called American Gladiators. This was not a show like the WWE which for the most part is staged for the audience IMO. Whatever happened to that show to this day I miss it. By the way what is the difference between an obscure show and a show that got cancelled immediately?
    Last edited by CarmenProof; 08-27-2003 at 03:16 PM.

It was more of a complete mini series, and even awarded (so really not so obscure) but I have to mention it. I really loved 'League of Gentlemen' (BBC) and really wish there would be more of it.

+ Reply to Thread