+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Obscure TV Show?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Every couple of days, I find that SFG and I share something else in common, although I preferred Crow to Tom Servo. I even wanted a Crow doll for my office.

Anyone else sign up for the MST3K Fan Club? *raises hand* Who bought the autographed episode guide? *raises other hand*
    Okay, I didn't do those things, but check this: I get up every Saturday morning - usually pretty hungover - at 8 a.m. to watch it. 8. Saturday. Hungover. Can I get an honorable mention?

No?

Fine.

You're right about Crow. He was the man. Or the crow. Whatever.

I'll give you an honorable mention. Come 'ere.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Only if you promise that there will be percussive maintenance involved.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dobolina
    They just work off of a general outline of the plot of the show, and scene expectations, but the dialogue is extemporaneous.
    I didn't know that! OMG, that even makes it more brilliant!

I need to move to Colorado. It seems like I have the same taste as everyone that lives there.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by ajg113
    Only if you promise that there will be percussive maintenance involved.
    Scout's honor.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

I've always had a thing for a man in uniform. Especially if said uniform has merit badges pinned all over it.

Speaking of which, I just looked up boy scout merit badges. Did you know you can get one in fingerprinting? These are some crafty little boy scouts being trained. They also have badges available in oceanography, law and atomic freaking energy.

Oh, just so I'm not totally threadjacking here, I also love "Curb Your Enthusiasm". My boyfriend won't even watch it with me, because it's such an uncomfortable show. That's actually what I like about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I made it as far as Bobcat in Cub Scouts before my parents yanked me out of it. That's one whole badge, if you're trying to keep track.

Why were you looking up Boy Scout merit badges, anyway?

I'm on vacation and I'm just that bored. You'd be surprised at some of the things I do to pass the time.

Thanks for calling attention to my loserdom, though

Hey, my pleasure. You could've made up something more fascinating. Like you're doing an independent research paper on the perils of Boy Scouting or something like that.

One of my favorites, though I never did get the Independent Film Channel, is "Fishing with John"--not our John but John Lurie. There were only a few episodes ever made of it, but it is ingenius. The show parodies those quiet fishing shows, though without any tips for the real fisherman or woman. John Lurie travels to foreign places, like Thailand and Costa Rica, and brings along celebrity fishing buddies. It's whacky. John fishes for squid with Dennis Hopper. He fishes for shark with Jim Jarmusch. They ponder their existence and fish like dorks. I (heart) this show.

+ Reply to Thread