+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Obscure TV Show?

Globetrekker!!!

It's a travel show on PBS and has nearly replaced Survivor as my favorite show.

Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    I really liked "That Was Then," which was on Friday nights. It was about this guy who got the chance to go back in time each episode and each time he went back in time, he went back to the future at the end of the episode and saw how altering the past affected his future. It was such an intriguing concept and was very well written and scripted. However, it got stuck in a bad time slow (Friday evenings) and was very poorly advertised and was thus cancelled after about three episodes...

Has anyone else seen this show?
    I watched this. I liked it...I loved how he went back to the 80s and got to change the past and then we got to see how that effected his future. It was interesting. Lol...I also remember wanting to watch it just to see the bad clothes and hear some 80s music. It's a shame it wasn't given a chance...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO)

It is awesome!

It's a comedy about the "real life" of the creator of Seinfeld.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Regular
    I like Home Movies on Cartoon network on the Adult Swim timeslot, and Grounded for Life on the WB, which used to be on fox on tuesdays, then switched to the WB on Friday nights.

I also like Masterpiece theatre on PBS ( good dramas).

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I will totally agree on Sports Night, but I used to LOVE "Class of 96". Ahhhh....Jason Gedrick

There's a show on Comedy Central called "Trigger TV" ... it's a candid camera kind of show, and they have REALLY hilarious pranks.
    They're not as sever, painful or gross as Jackass, but I do think it's funnier as I don't have to sit through as much smelly & painful skits when I watch it lol

Just as I thought I was done with those types of TV shows..... and starting to think they were getting old...

Trigger TV rocks
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I loved Freaks and Geeks and was just baffled when it was cancelled. It must've been the time slot that killed it, because it was a fantastic show.

I recently discovered My So-Called Life this Christmas. I'd bought the series on DVD for a friend who was a big fan and we watched it together. It was a great show, and I'm sorry I didn't notice it when it was first on air.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Curb your enthusiasm on HBO.

It's a day in the life of Larry David , the creator of Seinfeld. If you liked Seinfeld, you will LOVE this show. It's so raw and funny. There's not a show that goes by that I don't laugh out loud at least 3 times. Even the music at the beginning cracks me up.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Has anyone else seen any of the BlackAdder series? I loved this, a brilliant, irreverent, often raunchy historical comedy (there were actually several BlackAdder series, each in a different time period of British history) with Rowan Atkinson--whom most people are familiar with as "Mr. Bean". I think Rowan Atkinson is a comic genius, but not in the broad pratfall roles he's best known for (at least Stateside). BlackAdder was caustic, cruel, whipsmart gallows humor--great for Monty Python fans.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Love Blackadder but I need captions to hear the dialogue. Fast & thick accents!

Mystery Science Theater 3000...ahh...lasted quite a few years but was still obscure somehow because it was produced in Minnesota and involved puppets. They showed old movies and made fun of them. Sometimes I would be laughing so hard I gave myself an asthma attack. Lethal show!

Snowflake: thanks for the vibes & fuzzies!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread