+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "One Can Only Hope" 11/07

"One Can Only Hope" 11/07

One Can Only Hope

60 min.
    Tensions between the nurses and doctors hit a fever pitch as a petition against Luka leaves the ER short-staffed; Abby's brother (Tom Everett Scott) returns with some all-too-familiar manic tendencies; Chen gives in to Pratt's less-than-tender loving care after a violent patient gets under her skin; and Nathan (Don Cheadle) irks---then impresses---Corday and Carter by talking a terminal patient out of giving up. Harkins: Leslie Bibb. Pratt: Mekhi Phifer. Leon: Marcello Thedford. Chuni: Laura Ceron. Haleh: Yvette Freeman.

What did everyone think about this episode? It was kinda dark for me, but Carter dancing at the end was hilarious.

I was really horrified by the revelation that the 14 year old girl took drugs intentionally. It was heartbreaking when she said 'all the boys say I'm the best'

I think what makes it the saddest is that there are probably tons of girls like her. I admit, I can tell those kind of twists a mile away, but this stunned me.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Unfortunately the girls behavior is way too normal in society today.It scares me to think i have 2 small children who will grow up in this culture.

I hope Abby's brother isn't going to end up like her mother but i think thats where his behavior is leading.

Carter is assuming the leading role quite nicely so far this season and i like seeing more focus on his character.

Luka has just gone over the bend with his actions and attitude and i'm afraid they might be getting ready to lessen his role in the series.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

I thought the same thing...I just don't know if I felt more sorry for her when I thought she was attacked, or when she admitted she did it for the attention.

Sad either way you look at it.
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

LG.
    It's terribly sad that the teenage girl, 14 at that, took those drugs on purpose. OMG, and the dad is clueless. Very sad. I've been happy with the show so far this season. Carter's taking over well, and I love the tension with Pratt and Gallant.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

BTW Does anyone think Pratts brother REALLY has the winning Lotto ticket?

LG.
    He certainly seemed excited, but maybe he was looking at an old ticket (from a prior week's drawing) that happened to have the winning numbers. That would be cool, though, if he did win and if he and Pratt got a big new house and lots of cash. Maybe Carter would have to teach him how to have money and not be an idiot about it.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I hadn't thought about that...being an old ticket.

I'm thinking someone took advantage of him, told him it was a winning ticket and got a few dollars off him for it.

LG.
    That would suck if someone took advantage of Pratt's brother and ripped him off with a bum ticket. I hope he won. Then he would have a good excuse for busting in on Pratt and Chen and not giving a damn when Pratt told him to get the heck out.

LG.
    Speaking of Pratt and Chen, why on earth was that biker dude patient ripping on HER? Demanding to see an American doctor? Good grief, she was raised in the US and speaks perfect English, the way that patient treated Chen, she should have jabbed him with a big syringe. Pratt was protective, wasn't that sweet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast