+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dr. George Huang (B.D. Wong)

Dr. George Huang (B.D. Wong)

B.D.
    Wong
    as Dr. George Huang

B.D. Wong returns to “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” as Dr. George Huang, a forensic psychiatrist and expert on the criminal mind. Though his character was a recurring role in the previous season, Wong now joins the show as a cast regular.

Born and raised in San Francisco, California, Wong is the only actor ever to have received all five major New York theater awards for a single role. For his performance in “M. Butterfly,” his Broadway debut, he received the Tony Award, the Drama Desk Award, the Outer Critics Circle Award, the Theater World Award, and the Clarence Derwent Award. Additional New York theater credits include “The Tempest,” “A Language of Their Own,” “As Thousands Cheer,” and the Broadway musical revival of “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” in a critically acclaimed performance as Linus.

For the past five seasons, Wong has gained notice on the critically acclaimed series “Oz,” playing the resilient prison priest Father Ray. His other television credits include starring roles in the network series “All-American Girl” and the cable movie “And the Band Played On,” as well as guest-starring roles on “Welcome to New York,” “Chicago Hope,” “The X-Files,” “Bless This House” and “Shannon’s Deal.”

Wong has also appeared in more than 20 feature films, including Steven Spielberg’s “Jurassic Park,” “The Freshman” opposite Marlon Brando and Matthew Broderick, “Father of the Bride” (the original and sequel), “Seven Years in Tibet,” “Executive Decision,” and most recently “The Salton Sea” starring Val Kilmer and Vincent D’Onofrio. Wong can also be heard as the voice of Shang in the Disney animated film “Mulan” and the upcoming sequel “Mulan II.”

Wong currently resides in New York City. His birthday is October 24.

I love this guy.

I really like seeing his analysis of the criminals (and victims sometimes too).
    He adds a lot to the show imo, without being brash at all.
    He's a quiet character but I know I will always enjoy his insights.
    "That's Numberwang!"

We agree on all counts here Fluff.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Princess
    Mee too

LG.
    He's SUPER, and I love him on OZ too.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread