+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Det. Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni)

Det. Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni)

Christopher
    Meloni
    as Det. Elliot Stabler

A native of Washington, D.C., Christopher Meloni continues to choose dynamic roles on television and in film while starring as Det. Elliot Stabler, a dedicated family man.

Meloni attended the University of Colorado in Boulder, where he first became interested in acting. After graduation, he took a construction job in his hometown until a high school acquaintance inspired him to move to New York to study acting. It was there that Meloni apprenticed at the Neighborhood Playhouse, and got his first big break as the lead in the NBC comedy “The Fanelli Boys.”

After a series of memorable tough-guy roles, including the duplicitous inmate Chris Keller (which Meloni continues to portray on “Oz,”) and guest appearances on “NYPD Blue,” and “Homicide: Life on the Street,” Meloni made the move to the right side of the law in portraying Stabler. “Stabler and I are alike in that we’re focused on our job and couldn’t see doing anything else with our lives,” says Meloni. “He’s a rock-solid guy, with a great capacity for compassion, the ironic and the absurd. He can relish the small triumphs when they come and doesn’t allow the horrors of his job to affect him.”

Additionally, Meloni starred in the television series “Leaving L.A.” and in several miniseries, including “In a Child’s Name” and “Mario Puzo’s ‘The Last Don.’” His film credits include “Wet Hot American Summer,” with David Hyde Pierce and Janeane Garofalo, “Runaway Bride” (in which he starred opposite Julia Roberts as her sports-enthusiast fiancé), “Twelve Monkeys,” “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas,” “Junior” and “Bound.”

This summer, Meloni filmed “Dominick Dunne Presents: Murder in Greenwich,” starring as former L.A.P.D. detective-turned-author and private investigator Mark Fuhrman. The television movie documents Fuhrman’s investigation, which lead to the recent conviction of Michael Skakel, a Kennedy family relative, for the 1975 murder of 15-year-old Martha Moxley in Connecticut, and will premiere later this year.
    An avid traveler, Meloni has explored from Turkey to Bali and is searching for points in between to visit. He also enjoys weightlifting, playing basketball, football, and chess and is a martial-arts enthusiast.

Meloni divides his time between New York and Los Angeles with his wife and their daughter. His birthday is April 2.

He can be a bit of a crazy mutha when a criminal does anything bad to children. Last night's pedophile ring episode was a perfect example of that.
    Very passionate and a very intelligent cop imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Princess
    Agreed fluff, but I have to wonder why he would work on SVU when he gets to out of balance (and out of order) by crimes to children. (Not that I wouldn't, but I don't work at SVU )
    This show actually bugs me a bit as I am not really fond of neither him nor Mariska Hargitay (or their characters). Of course, all the crimes in this show are also very bothersome.
    On the other hand, I like Stephanie March's character a lot, and couple of other guys too, so I'll probably continue watching .

He was really good in that Martha Moxley movie on USA.

He reminds me of the character Cole from Charmed.

Princess
    He reminds me of the character Cole from Charmed.
    MDrio! Noooooooooooooo!!! Cole is cute! This guy is not!

I just can't get past the image of this guy as the prisoner on Oz. Very disturbing.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread