+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Det. Odafin Tutuola (Ice-T)

Det. Odafin Tutuola (Ice-T)

Ice-T
    as Det. Odafin “Fin” Tutuola

Multi-talented actor and musician Ice-T portrays the street-smart Det. Odafin “Fin” Tutuola, whose unique sense of humor and investigative skills are matched against those of his partner, Det. John Munch (Richard Belzer).

Born in Newark, New Jersey, Ice-T was orphaned at a young age and eventually became involved in Los Angeles gangs before spending four years in the U.S. Army. His first break occurred in 1984 when the producers of “Breakin’” asked him to rap in the film. He went on to become a Grammy Award-winning performer, whose outspoken hip-hop music has earned him international attention. He formed Rhyme Syndicate Records in 1989, released a string of groundbreaking rap records and was voted Best Male Rapper in Rolling Stone’s 1992 Readers’ Poll. Recently, he released a greatest hits album, “The Greatest Hits: Evidence.”

Ice-T has continued with his feature-film career as well, having appeared in “New Jack City” (opposite Wesley Snipes), “Ricochet” (with Denzel Washington), “Johnny Mnemonic” (with Keanu Reeves), “Tank Girl” and Walter Hill’s “Trespass.” He was also seen in the recent films “3000 Miles to Graceland” (opposite Kevin Costner and Courteney Cox Arquette) and in Abel Ferrara’s “R-Xmas.”

Ice-T is directing the upcoming “Common Sense,” a film based on one of his songs. Additionally, he will be featured in the IFC documentary “Crossover,” which spotlights musicians who have become actors.

“Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” marks the fourth project on which Ice-T has worked with executive producer Dick Wolf, having previously starred in Wolf’s 1997-98 series “Players” (which he helped develop with Wolf), the NBC movie “Exiled: A Law & Order Movie” and several high-profile guest-starring appearances on Wolf’s former series “New York Undercover.”

“Working with Ice is always a pleasure; he is a consummate professional, a great actor, a terrific person and he has a great sense of humor,” says Wolf.

Ice-T has also published a book, “The Ice Opinion” (St. Martin’s Press, 1994), and is extensively involved in several revolutionary Internet-related deals, including MP3.com and AtomicPop. His birthday is February 16.

Great character.
    He is edgier than the other SVU officers.
    This is a great type pof show for him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Princess
    I was really surprised by the casting of him in this role, but now I think this is another actor that has grown into his role in an excellent way (or maybe the other way round? )!

I almost didn't even watch because of him... He really does a great job. I'm impressed
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I really thought he would be pretty poor in this role and Like Cali almost didn't start watching because of it.

I don't ever watch him and think of him as Ice-T, he's Fin, plain and simple.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The funny thing is, I didn't even know his characters name until I read this thread

Princess
    psst, cali - neither did I

LG.
    He does a great job in this role. One of my very favorite episodes from last season was when he was partnered with Marita Hagarity (sp?) and they clashed over the amount of deference to give to questionably dirty cops. I knew his name was "fin" and that it was short for something, as in one episode he connected with a young woman heading toward some wayward ways.

Did anyone else think it odd that they didn't list Ice-T's legal name in his bio? Rappers are often known by both names.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Maybe it is his legal name

LG.
    Could be, but I doubt it has been since birth. Or maybe it was. What shall we name this baby? He looks like Ice-T.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast