+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Capt. Donald Cragen (Dann Florek)

Capt. Donald Cragen (Dann Florek)

Dann
    Florek
    as Capt. Donald Cragen

As pragmatic Capt. Donald Cragen, Dann Florek reprises the role he originated on the first three seasons of sister series “Law & Order.” Prior to the debut of “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” Florek also got the chance to play Cragen in the “Law & Order” movie “Exiled.”

Raised in Flat Rock, Michigan, Florek entered Eastern Michigan University as a math and physics major but left with a newfound interest in drama. “I really thought I was going to be a math/physics person, but I was in choir, and they offered me a scholarship in drama, says Florek. “I thought, hey, maybe it’ll be more fun than synthetic projective geometry.”

Florek went on to join the prestigious Acting Company at the Juilliard School in New York City. His professional theater work includes “A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” “Love’s Labours Lost,” “Strange Snow” and “Death of a Salesman.” Later, he headed west to San Diego, where he participated in many La Jolla Playhouse and Old Globe Theatre productions and eventually worked his way to Los Angeles.

Florek gained attention for his portrayal of direct-marketing whiz Dave Meyer on the Emmy Award-winning “L.A. Law,” and this year joined his fellow cast members in the NBC reunion movie “L.A. Law: The Movie.” Florek’s additional television credits include guest-starring roles on NBC’s “Wings” and “The Pretender,” as well as “The Practice,” “NYPD Blue,” “Roseanne,” “Ellen,” “Sabrina the Teenage Witch” and “Smart Guy.” He also starred as Abraham Lincoln on the controversial series “The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfeiffer.” Florek also appeared in the telefilms “The Pentagon Wars” and the Emmy Award-winning “From Earth to the Moon.”

Florek has appeared in such feature films as Paul Mazursky’s “Moon Over Parador,” Blake Edward’s “Sunset,” Alan Parker’s “Angel Heart,” Alan Alda’s “Sweet Liberty,” “The Flintstones” and “Hard Rain.”

An accomplished guitarist and avid golfer, Florek collects
    music memorabilia and antique golf clubs. He and his wife, Karen, an artist, divide their time between Los Angeles and New York with their two dogs, Maddie and Little Dog. His birthday is May 1.

I love this guy, I love him in everything I've seen him in since my first sighting of him in LA Law.
    He is very cool, calm amd collected and handles the occasional hot head outbursts of his staff excellently.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Princess
    Funny - this is the first (major) role that I've seen him in that I really like! One starts to wonder if there only is a limited set of actors (and roles!) that continue rotating through all these law/cop type series?
    Interesting hobby: "collecting antique golf clubs"!?

I like this guy, too. I saw his picture when I was doing these threads, and thought "Isn't this the guy from the original Law & Order, but bald?"

And guess what...I was right That doesn't happen very often.

+ Reply to Thread